What's new

The Most Totally Superior Alcohol Thread

When I want to catch a good buzz it's it's Costco American vodka and MiO. If I just feel like having a beer it's Corona and lime. I rarely drink beer but I bought an 18 pack a couple months ago because I thought it was funny and I'm under a 6 pack left.

I just found this today. But already my new favorite. The trick will be to find it again.
Montucky Cold Snack
20200520_200457.jpg

I bought a case of it right before all this virus bullshit @ the HEB in Bastrop, and I know I saw it in the La Grange Wal-Mart the other day ( I've never seen the cans in person either, but if I do I'll stock up for the year).

This is the first year I've seen it sold in full six packs, usually I have to be "that guy" and combine 3 summer sampler packs and make sure I walk through a line with a non attentive cashier.

HEB had the 12 pack cartons this year, I bought them every time i walked in the door. I was also that guy with the sampler packs, but now the samplers are something different and the prickly pear seems to have dried up. I haven't seen cans since 2013-ish, I dont get it. Shiner is completely hit or miss, mostly miss, with their seasonal.

The liquor store downtown actually managed to get a couple cases of Heady Topper. A fellow caddie works there and asked if I wanted a 4some. I said fuck yes I want a 4. Probably having one with lunch.

I bought a case of it right before all this virus bullshit @ the HEB in Bastrop, and I know I saw it in the La Grange Wal-Mart the other day ( I've never seen the cans in person either, but if I do I'll stock up for the year).

This is the first year I've seen it sold in full six packs, usually I have to be "that guy" and combine 3 summer sampler packs and make sure I walk through a line with a non attentive cashier.

If you ever make it to Hallettsville, Morton’s gas and grocery may have it. They have a excellent drink and beer selection.

HEB had the 12 pack cartons this year, I bought them every time i walked in the door. I was also that guy with the sampler packs, but now the samplers are something different and the prickly pear seems to have dried up. I haven't seen cans since 2013-ish, I dont get it. Shiner is completely hit or miss, mostly miss, with their seasonal.

I 100% agree with that statement about Shiner. Their seasonal beers have no middle ground. Either they’re excellent or straight up awful. Also, we rarely get all of their offerings around Corpus. I wish they would do the peach beer in 12 packs.

I really like St. Arnold’s, Karbach, and Lorelei’s beers. Lorelei is local, and easy to get on tap here.

Last edited:
Been on a Johnie Walker Black kick for a bit, got that touch of peaty smoke like the Islay scotches.

Guinness Draught Stout mostly. Modelo Negra occasionally. Never Bud, (Clydesdale Urine) or other brand equivalents.

526188.jpg - Click image for larger version  Name:	526188.jpg Views:	0 Size:	30.0 KB ID:	67728

I really like Crystal Head vodka but I drink too much to keep it. This is the best I have found for 30 dollars a gallon.

I don't drink beer. Tastes like shit and fills me up too fast.

Don’t drink beer much these days.
When we were in Texas visiting with my good friends they had Ole Smoky salted caramel whiskey, liked it and brought a bottle home.
Also got some Garrisons.
That with Whistle Pig rounds it out.

Since it is summer Costco Margarita mix with Casadores tequila is what I partake in lately.

I've been enjoying these two, although I am out of the skrewball now..
filedata/fetch?id=30114&d=1591453492
[ATTH]

Do you drink JW Red with soda? I can't handle it neat or on the rocks :barf: I would use it for getting the crud off of a set of drum brakes, though, and I'm by far not a booze snob. I don't get it, they say it was different back when Churchill drank Red. And he drank it with soda except for his wake-up glass, neat in a scotch glass every monrning.

I'm a Busch Light fan. I like discussing this in bars when people balk after I call it High Quality, which it is. You can drink Busch Light all day w/o getting blackout, puking, or even really much of a hangover. I can still (poorly) operate a trail bike while drinking Busch Light. $17.99 30/pk.

6oUYPHH.jpg

Also a big Miller fan. Not enough respect for mass-produced lagers and pilsners.

Jameson, Tillamore Dew, JW Black, and Bushmill's, go-tos for whiskey.

I have a bottle of No. 7 right now. AFAIC it's by-far the best 'bourbon' style whiskey.

I like single-malts, the Chinese drove my favorite single-malt out of the market, 7 year old Glendeveron. They can't make bank on 7 year old single-malts, I think the youngest they make now is 10 and it's not the same and it's expensive.

My go-to daily drivers are Burnett's gin and vodka. Least impact on the body, clear liquors, and Burnett's is the cleanest of the cut-rates.

If I sit down for just a couple of beers, it goes in order: Guiness, Two Hearted, Sam Adams Boston, Oberon, and a few local stouts and IPAs. The only ones of those I will drink a lot of are Guiness and Two Hearted, by far the highest quality.

'High Quality' when it comes to booze for me doesn't have 'meme' as the highest priority. Here are the priorities:
  1. Consistent. Always the same wherever you buy it. That is not as common as you suppose. I like cheap beer, Gennessee is good about 3 cans out of 5. :lmao: I don't know wtf they're doing but their QC is atrocious. Rainier is another one, you get about 2 skunkers out of each half-rack, the other 10 are good though. :lmao:
  2. Low 'contaminants', methanol and other goo that makes you hungover.
  3. Drinks well. Lot of expensive beers and liquors out there that are good on the first glass or two, then rapidly decline. Guinness, Busch Light, and Jameson, as examples, are the same the 1st drink or the 10th. Local craft brews are the worst offenders, followed closely by flavored liquors like Honey Jack or other swill.
  4. Price. I drink a lot.
For wines, I like dark red, Cab Sav or Burgundy. Also nice to have around for roasts and stews. Deglazing with a dark red for red meat is the Holey Graile. Dark Red will punish the fuck out of you the next day though, so only a glass or two. If I had limitless money, I might drink only Tanqueray for liquor, Busch Light for beer, and Cristal or Dom for wines. Good champagnes are goddamned good, and anyone that doesn't like a Mimosa is a liar or has some type of physical defect.

My parents were absolute tee-totalers. I am not alcohol dependent, but I like to drink and my dry youth no doubt has a lot to do with it.

Last edited:
Costco vodka, ice MiO and water. Delicious, effective and low calorie. Also hydration comes with it so the hangover is lessened.

photo13433.jpg

Just tried some pre mixed grapefruit tangerine margaritas from costco. $13 for a handle of 20% alchohol. They are pretty damn good

All these posts are crap. With the right recipe and some effort, the booze hardly matters. This summer we've been using a food processor wound backwards to grind mint in ice and peeled limes. Then strain, add stevia, clear Bacardi, and some club soda to taste...VOILA. A glass full of awesome, bitches.

All these posts are crap. With the right recipe and some effort, the booze hardly matters. This summer we've been using a food processor wound backwards to grind mint in ice and peeled limes. Then strain, add stevia, clear Bacardi, and some club soda to taste...VOILA. A glass full of awesome, bitches.

You sound like my wife. " I want a drink, but I need something to mix it with".

I drink mine with water. I dont see the use in wasting time and other ingredients when your after the alcohol to begin with.

Do you drink JW Red with soda? I can't handle it neat or on the rocks :barf: I would use it for getting the crud off of a set of drum brakes, though, and I'm by far not a booze snob. I don't get it, they say it was different back when Churchill drank Red. And he drank it with soda except for his wake-up glass, neat in a scotch glass every monrning.

I'm a Busch Light fan. I like discussing this in bars when people balk after I call it High Quality, which it is. You can drink Busch Light all day w/o getting blackout, puking, or even really much of a hangover. I can still (poorly) operate a trail bike while drinking Busch Light. $17.99 30/pk.

6oUYPHH.jpg

Also a big Miller fan. Not enough respect for mass-produced lagers and pilsners.

Jameson, Tillamore Dew, JW Black, and Bushmill's, go-tos for whiskey.

I have a bottle of No. 7 right now. AFAIC it's by-far the best 'bourbon' style whiskey.

I like single-malts, the Chinese drove my favorite single-malt out of the market, 7 year old Glendeveron. They can't make bank on 7 year old single-malts, I think the youngest they make now is 10 and it's not the same and it's expensive.

My go-to daily drivers are Burnett's gin and vodka. Least impact on the body, clear liquors, and Burnett's is the cleanest of the cut-rates.

If I sit down for just a couple of beers, it goes in order: Guiness, Two Hearted, Sam Adams Boston, Oberon, and a few local stouts and IPAs. The only ones of those I will drink a lot of are Guiness and Two Hearted, by far the highest quality.

'High Quality' when it comes to booze for me doesn't have 'meme' as the highest priority. Here are the priorities:
  1. Consistent. Always the same wherever you buy it. That is not as common as you suppose. I like cheap beer, Gennessee is good about 3 cans out of 5. :lmao: I don't know wtf they're doing but their QC is atrocious. Rainier is another one, you get about 2 skunkers out of each half-rack, the other 10 are good though. :lmao:
  2. Low 'contaminants', methanol and other goo that makes you hungover.
  3. Drinks well. Lot of expensive beers and liquors out there that are good on the first glass or two, then rapidly decline. Guinness, Busch Light, and Jameson, as examples, are the same the 1st drink or the 10th. Local craft brews are the worst offenders, followed closely by flavored liquors like Honey Jack or other swill.
  4. Price. I drink a lot.
For wines, I like dark red, Cab Sav or Burgundy. Also nice to have around for roasts and stews. Deglazing with a dark red for red meat is the Holey Graile. Dark Red will punish the fuck out of you the next day though, so only a glass or two. If I had limitless money, I might drink only Tanqueray for liquor, Busch Light for beer, and Cristal or Dom for wines. Good champagnes are goddamned good, and anyone that doesn't like a Mimosa is a liar or has some type of physical defect.

My parents were absolute tee-totalers. I am not alcohol dependent, but I like to drink and my dry youth no doubt has a lot to do with it.

I love jw red, neat or on the rocks. I am also a huge fan of the busch latte. I did recently pick up a bottle of this and its enjoyable too, but not as good as Jameson.

20200709_191521.jpg

For beer, something home brewed. For commercial beer, it depends on what mood I am in. Usually an ale of some sort, a porter or stout if the weather calls for it. For whisky, Speyside. Glenfiddich 18 or Balvenie. For bourbon Woodford Reserve, Col E.H. Taylor, etc. Basil Hayden is a good, light bodied bourbon if you don't want something with a bite.

It's a liquor cabinet that my wife's family bought while they were stationed in Germany. The top has wings that fold out to the sides and there is a rail and foot rest on the back that you can't see in the picture. Not sure what the brand is, but made in Germany in the 70's. Here's a view with the doors open....yes we are stocked up:flipoff2:

IMG_0627.jpeg - Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_0627.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	290.6 KB ID:	68070

Last edited:
Top Back Refresh