What's new

The light phone

Isn't that OVERPRICED for how little it is ? I mean as said above a Blackberry from the second of the the three Bush Administrations does more.
I appreciate the intent but that is a $79 phone at best.

Edit: The battery life sucks. Sucks sucks sucks. Never no way. DROID/Verizon from 2014 is 5 times that. 950 mAh Not sure what my DROID three models ago had but it would last all week five days . . . .

you don't need a 2000 mah battery if you're not driving a giant color screen.

look at how long a kindle lasts on some AAs.

I thought that it was an interesting concept, and I hope that they can develop it further.

which is why I haven't got the NOkia bar hone yet. A 1.2MB camera just doesn't do it.

I've been running the new 3310 for a few months now and the camera is probably even worse than you think. All in all it's an OK basic phone but it has some serious bugs. Your dictionary gets wiped any time the phone restarts being the most annoying, and it will not use the SD card for message storage even if you tell it to (lots of "phone memory full" when people sen pics). Then there are issues with unlocking directly to the messenger function (like when you hit OK on a new message notification), it just hangs until you unlock it normally.

you don't need a 2000 mah battery if you're not driving a giant color screen.
look at how long a kindle lasts on some AAs. I thought that it was an interesting concept, and I hope that they can develop it further.

I agree but I was referring to their literature, 2 days with phone call use and the unit turned on. That just seems ridiculously low. My old work flip-phone would go all week and the weekend. Granted, that was with light use and a vastly inferior functionality and capability. I do appreciate the concept on vocal and simple text communication and bare bones OS as opposed to a 5g micro PC with state of the art video cameras. We could probably find 5 alternatives if we search " Simple phones old people" don't you think ??

there would be no reason to design your own hardware. Costs too much money.
It uses it's own OS. not controlled by google or apple.

Bullshit it's it's own OS - it's Linux/BSD/something else. Building an OS ain't exactly cheap or easy (works for OS company).

Still looking for a phone for my 93 year old mom all it needs to be is a phone no email, text, camera just a phone to work on the T mobile service, but $350 is almost as much as I paid for my One Plus 7 Pro!

It'd be a neat idea at $80-100, for someone who just wants a phone, $300+ is awful steep for something so limited. My phone gets used as much as a tool as it does to waste time, so it wouldn't work for me.

Still looking for a phone for my 93 year old mom all it needs to be is a phone no email, text, camera just a phone to work on the T mobile service, but $350 is almost as much as I paid for my One Plus 7 Pro!

Unfortunately most of the decent basic phones are stuck on verizon. If the button size isn't a problem for her this might not be a bad alternative: https://www.t-mobile.com/cell-phone/...u=610214661463

She tried that one and didn't like it, put her on a Jethro she liked it well enough one day she said it just quit working, so without checking anything I put her sim card in one of my S5s then found out the only problem was the battery would take a charge. New battery was obtained, but her sim card is a micro sim and I can't seem to get it to make the connection, so she is still using my S5 and griping.

Top Back Refresh