What's new

The greatest stand-up performance of Alllll Tiiiiiiime

evernoob

Reactionary
Member Number
Act starts ~8:10

Not saying he's the best comedian of all time, simply that this is the best stand-up act I've ever seen, in all respects. Timing, delivery, content, crowd interaction. He doesn't miss a single beat at all, it's perfect.

Dice has his hilarious moments for sure but most anything from Robin Williams or George Carlin beat him.

I thought you were gonna post Ron White "TAKE OFF THE HAT!"

At that point, I had the right to remain silent.... but I didn't have the ability.

This act is definitely influenced by Dice, I would have mentioned Ron anyway. This show is also when Ron was still regional, a lot of inside jokes about what Southerners think of the rest of the country. Unfortunately, the rest of the country doesn't think about the South at all. Well, except for inbred jokes.

Dice has his hilarious moments for sure but most anything from Robin Williams or George Carlin beat him.

Williams was good on coke, not so good sober. He's one of the funniest guys ever but he never had a complete show as good as Diceman Cometh. I'd put Williams, Billy Connelly, and Chappelle as the funniest moment comedians, Carlin as best Spoken Word. Carlin is cool because he's also funny, and sometimes downright silly. His Laugh-In gigs are hilarious.

Favorite bit of all time:

"I don't want to dance I'm scared to death!" :laughing: that's such gold

Carlin's the GOAT tho.

Last edited:
At that point, I had the right to remain silent.... but I didn't have the ability.

This act is definitely influenced by Dice, I would have mentioned Ron anyway. This show is also when Ron was still regional, a lot of inside jokes about what Southerners think of the rest of the country. Unfortunately, the rest of the country doesn't think about the South at all. Well, except for inbred jokes.

Is it hard being stupid? Or do you know your stupid? Or is it just ignorant bliss? Inquiring minds want to know...

Chapelle is definitely funny, I don't think I've not laughed at any of his skits

He is behind Eddie Murphy, Richard Pryor, Dave Chappelle, Ron White, Cheech & Chong, classic Carlin, and I'd even put Mitch Hedberg over Dice

Sam kinnason (sp)

Wasn’t that the asshole that was always yelling? Never liked him. Andrew dice clay is cool if you are into dick and fart jokes. I got to shake hands with Robin Williams in 2002 and also saw George Carlin for New Years that same year. The amount of people that brought their kids to the show was hilarious considering he started off with a joke about pussy farts. 😂

Last edited:
act started at 10:00 minutes. wasted 2 minutes if you include the 10 seconds I watched to figure out it wasn't funny or worth watching

He is behind Eddie Murphy, Richard Pryor, Dave Chappelle, Ron White, Cheech & Chong, classic Carlin, and I'd even put Mitch Hedberg over Dice

if not more. Greg Geraldo standup was immaculate. but he died too young to get any more samples from him. Add Dangerfield in there, add Rodney Carrington in there.

if not more. Greg Geraldo standup was immaculate. but he died too young to get any more samples from him. Add Dangerfield in there, add Rodney Carrington in there.

Rodney Carrington ruined his legacy. He was a good comic, got a divorce, became bitter and un-funny and it tainted all his previous work.

Carlin wasn't funny at the end (when he had his vegas show, it was bad) but he had DECADES of work to overshadow that.

Rodney?????? Nope.

Met Chapelle when worked security at hollywood nightclubs. He gained a few lb when I met him and didnt recognize him when he tried to go to a a staff area. "Im Dave Chapelle" he said, and I felt instantly stupid (happened a lot in my life, the instantly stupid part).

​​​

Met Chapelle when worked security at hollywood nightclubs. He gained a few lb when I met him and didnt recognize him when he tried to go to a a staff area. "Im Dave Chapelle" he said, and I felt instantly stupid (happened a lot in my life, the instantly stupid part).

​​​

sure, some folks might have better individual skits at times, but his body of work as a whole is, in my opinion, a great American treasure.

​​​

should have replied “I’m Rick James bitch!”

I met Dice in San Diego in 1992. He was super nice and asked if I wanted tickets to his show. He had some scary looking huge black dude with him as a body guard. It must suck having to live that way.

Surprised Bill Burr hasn't been brought up. That asshole is my hero. :laughing:

Surprised Bill Burr hasn't been brought up. That asshole is my hero. :laughing:

You can be funny and not be the GREATEST OF ALL TIMES.

I mean Jim Gaffigan is funny, Jeff Foxworthy is funny, Bert Kreischer is funny, you can go old school Red Fox, or Bob Newhart. ALL REALLY Funny, but not the best. of all times.

Dennis Miller, <end thread>

Dennis in his early years was super funny, he's not as funny now but he's always brilliant. I don't even always agree with him. I frankly love the refernces. Anyone that can make a Mata Hari reference on a joke about baseball is someone I want to listen to.

You can be funny and not be the GREATEST OF ALL TIMES.

I mean Jim Gaffigan is funny, Jeff Foxworthy is funny, Bert Kreischer is funny, you can go old school Red Fox, or Bob Newhart. ALL REALLY Funny, but not the best. of all times.

Yep exactly, I said this:

Not saying he's the best comedian of all time, simply that this is the best stand-up act I've ever seen,

Diceman Cometh is a referential act. It all comes together, the crowd is in on the act, and by that I mean not just quoting nursery rhymes, but in on the joke.

I happen to like dick, pussy, and fart jokes, Williams and Carlin are two great filthy comedians, and so is Mel Brooks, at least with the farts.

Bill Burr is a cuck who once made female jokes about all women, and racial jokes about how ridiculous it is to have another film about bad white people (Hey, get outta da pool!) to explaining to British audiences at Royal Albert Hall why white women are privileged and making a careful distinction that he doesn't mean black women. Probably because his wife is black.

I mean if it wasn't for that careful explanation of modern Privilege Cancel-Culture politics, I could understand it. I wouldn't want to insult my wife either. But she knew what he was going in and now Bill is licking high-heels.

Wait, you're right. That IS fucking hilarious 🤣

Top Back Refresh