What's new

The Carseat Crawler

Can someone post a picture of the windshield flange area for my gen runner/truck. Need to have an idea of what I am getting i to if I pull a windshield and try and fix the flange area to get a new piece of glass in it.

Last edited:
I have the old lid off my 85 sitting around somewhere, it has some rust holes in that area but should give you an idea. I'll get some pics tonight if I remember.

If the damage is too bad or too much work to fix swapping a new roof onto a 1st gen is really quick and easy if you can find one. It would be a good time to throw a cage in there too.

I have the old lid off my 85 sitting around somewhere, it has some rust holes in that area but should give you an idea. I'll get some pics tonight if I remember.

If the damage is too bad or too much work to fix swapping a new roof onto a 1st gen is really quick and easy if you can find one. It would be a good time to throw a cage in there too.

Bump for pictures
F8941E9C-6161-4625-86BA-118036CE1618.jpeg

I forgot of course and went on vacation the next day. I’ll get some when I get home sunday

So it looks like the flange is fairly thin. Hopefully I can get it flat enough to tale a windshield without having to pay someone. Ok now to call insurance and let them know I need a windshield but want o make some small repairs to the interior while its “easy to access” before I have the windshield installed. I a sure a picture with a broken windshield will be enough for the to green light me taking the old one out. Thanks :beer:
557C0C40-23D5-47F0-8394-2F9BBC89FD4C.jpeg
CADCC31E-6D75-4AD7-BD54-237FEE60D975.jpeg

Well I had lost my keys and the rig sat under my covered deck all winter. Pulled the passenger tumbler out and took it to a local locksmith and had some new keys cut. Jumped it because the battery was almost dead and it fired right up. :smokin: Time to cut the windshield out when the weather goes back south pound out the roof the best I can and fix the flange for the windshield. Decided not to fuck with insurance because it wasn’t going to be worth the headache.

Well I had lost my keys and the rig sat under my covered deck all winter. Pulled the passenger tumbler out and took it to a local locksmith and had some new keys cut. Jumped it because the battery was almost dead and it fired right up. :smokin: Time to cut the windshield out when the weather goes back south pound out the roof the best I can and fix the flange for the windshield. Decided not to fuck with insurance because it wasn’t going to be worth the headache.
So you're saying you've got the only 80's Toyota on the planet that can't be started with a butter knife? They usually unlock and start with any key that fits in em.

So you're saying you've got the only 80's Toyota on the planet that can't be started with a butter knife? They usually unlock and start with any key that fits in em.
I tried a knife, and a screwdriver, and a subaru key I had laying around:lmao:

Also noticed my Dropped draglink is hitting my shock:homer: Saving for High steer I guess...

Ok long time no update, because zero progress:homer:. Getting it put back together. New windshield finally in:lmao:. Passenger door panel back together. Somehow I fucked up the window switch. Any idea where to source a trim bezel?

Still need a drivers side mirror. Probably go down to napa and see what he has.

And titty pic pic because why not.
IMG_3298.jpeg

ETA a pic of the rig when I drove it up the hill last night to check the smoke on the close forest fire.
IMG_9577.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_9591.jpeg
    IMG_9591.jpeg
    3 MB · Views: 4
Last edited:
Top Back Refresh