What's new

The 4xFordYota Franken-Fine Axles!

Did you?

Only think I mentioned about suspension was shock mounting, I don't think thats a 4wu mounting, but I could be wrong. Still has noting to do with the link geometry.

Those are 4wu shock mounts. Pay attention to what you’re complaining about.

Those are 4wu shock mounts. Pay attention to what you’re complaining about.

Doesn't matter

Their link geometry and over kits are great, just because I don't like the rear shock mounting on a specific platform, Doesn't mean the company is shit.

Some of you guys should try having an original thought :homer:

Are you even positive those are their mounts? There is nothing on thier site showing them.

Are you too dense to see the difference between link geometry and shock mounting?

I'm not a YT influencer, I can have an over all positive opinion about a company, while still not liking 1 of thier products.

Some of you guys are seriously pathetic

As funny as the nit picking is, not liking shock packaging, but not hating the link placement, despite both being the same company is ok, its called pros and cons :flipoff2:

Also, why the fuck do you give enough of a fuck to get bitchy about it :homer:

As funny as the nit picking is, not liking shock packaging, but not hating the link placement, despite both being the same company is ok, its called pros and cons :flipoff2:

Also, why the fuck do you give enough of a fuck to get bitchy about it :homer:

There is a handful of people who like to follow me around and disect what I post. Gets annoying. Usually I just ignore it, but sometimes I fail :laughing:

Glad to see your special steering arms worked out :lmao:

:flipoff2:
:lmao: Assuming (and I think many saw it coming) this was due to packaging constraints.

Side note: Has anyone seen these arms in use with the double brackets shear above the arms? Leaf spring application? Full hydro with axle pushed way out front? No specific reason why I'm asking - just "shear" curiosity. Sorry for the pun... but not sorry.

Final update...

Been down on the Rubicon 3-4x, went to trail hero and did the first half of milts mile twice, first half of long range, mobbed through the sand, did the new rtf granite loop on the con, Barrett Lake twice (did all the hard lines), big bear, and a couple of other easier trips...

Axles are working out phenomenally. I still have a little bit of tuning to do in the rear coilovers, but the axles have been great. I haven't hooked up the wilwood electric parking brakes yet, but I don't see those impacting anything functionally on the axles. Definitely learning how to drive again being 16" wider, and 2" less ground clearance at the pumpkins... but I'm able to do way more than before and I don't feel like I'm binding up the drivetrain and always at risk of snapping it anymore.

If I did it again, would I do the same thing with the axles? Yes absolutely. Unless some crazy technology changes in the future, I will be building these axles for all my future rigs. Once it becomes a trailer queen (I get tired of maintaining it for road driving), I'll swap the front hubs for the branik direct drive stub shafts.

Thanks for following along! Its been fun learning more about axles and different parts and possibilities. Hopefully we opened some eyes on a fun way to make use of fucking huge drop out thirds :) I even got a mild head nod from slawson when comparing these to the axles he ran in 13-14. I'll take that as a win haha

IMG_20231018_091607_458.jpg
IMG_20231018_091540_048.jpg
IMG_20231018_091205_710.jpg
20231015_115822.jpg
20231004_152557.jpg
20230915_111403.jpg
20230915_111231.jpg

Are you even positive those are their mounts? There is nothing on thier site showing them.
Yup they are. It's their new underbed coilover mounting system. It's designed to fit 14" coilovers without going up into the bed of a truck or cargo area of an suv.

I went with 12" coilovers on mine so that the lower brackets WOULDNT hang down lower than the diff (orie was supposed to trim them and fit them properly, but didnt). Since they weren't trimmed for the 12" coilovers, I'm currently running like 4" or preload... so in theory I should be able to cut off the lower brackets from the axle, and then cut off 3-4" of them and glue them back to the axle and get a bunch of clearance back. So that is next on the to do list.

Top Back Refresh