What's new

That'll teach'em

that wasn't a wale leaping, that was a whale feeding

if it was jumping, that boat would be confetti.

once we were transiting to Petersburg AK from up north somewhere
there was probably 10 whales feeding like that, with two kayaks sitting right in the middle of them
I have no idea where these two individuals came from, but I can tell you that we were the only ones that were going to witness their death
idiots

they have come up next to our boat feeding at times and it made ne nervous sitting in a 100 ton boat

My family and I, and the boat captain, were almost that guy. Booked a private whale watching tour just north of Bar Harbor, Maine. We happened upon a pair of humpbacks and were pacing next to them ~200' away. Captain said they follow a trench for quite a ways. As soon as he said that, the whales turned hard right towards us and dove. The captain cut the engines and tried to play cool but he was genuinely concerned. The white glow in the below pic is the whale's jaw, and we're about 15' away from each other at the stern. I could see the whale's eye. They surfaced about 20' past the boat. It was a really cool experience that I'm glad we got to walk away from.

DSC_0493.JPG

Top Back Refresh