What's new

th400

kbenz

Member Number
Loc
Kannapolis Nc
my th400 is puking fluid out the vent. It's not overfull. also been making a whining noise when cold. I'm thinking pump maybe? What y'all think?

I have another issue with my engine. Don't know if they are related but my truck has been losing power under load. You tromp the gas from a start and it falls flat. once it gets going it seems ok. kicks in passing gear just fine. but starting out it sucks. motor was rebuilt 20,000 ago

I have another issue with my engine. Don't know if they are related but my truck has been losing power under load. You tromp the gas from a start and it falls flat. once it gets going it seems ok. kicks in passing gear just fine. but starting out it sucks. motor was rebuilt 20,000 ago
Gonna need specs on the truck.

Gonna need specs on the truck.
64gmc cab on an 84 k10 stock frame and axles. 383 stroker (20,000ish miles) Th400 and np205 out of a late 70's early 80's 3/4ton. Trans rebuilt about 10,000 miles ago. 33" tires

64gmc cab on an 84 k10 stock frame and axles. 383 stroker (20,000ish miles) Th400 and np205 out of a late 70's early 80's 3/4ton. Trans rebuilt about 10,000 miles ago. 33" tires
Might be related. Transmission pump locking up dogging the engine down.

all the pre 73 fuel tanks are prone to rusting.

Ive had several that will run fine on start up and driving. About 20min in down goes the power and starts cutting out.

all the pre 73 fuel tanks are prone to rusting.

Ive had several that will run fine on start up and driving. About 20min in down goes the power and starts cutting out.
newer tank. fuel pressure 6-7# consistent when driving

Top Back Refresh