What's new

Th350 noob question

. 2700 in high ambient temperatures with cause some issues long term.

Bull fucking shit.

Its not any hotter now than when these trucks where new. 3k all day.

And what the worst case? He burns up a th350. :laughing: like that never happens.

Mp, thats a car th350 so the shaft is even longer

Bull fucking shit.

Its not any hotter now than when these trucks where new. 3k all day.

And what the worst case? He burns up a th350. :laughing: like that never happens.

Mp, thats a car th350 so the shaft is even longer

:homer: yep it came out of my brother in law's nova I guess that would have also been useful information.

Fwiw this engine came out of a 1ton it had like 15k miles on it, it's a gm rebuild. The 1 ton had a sm465 and 4.11 was regularly driven 70mph still has the correct radiator and has no overheating issues.

I'm expecting overheating while on the trails but it's still in my driveway so...

:homer: yep it came out of my brother in law's nova I guess that would have also been useful information.

Fwiw this engine came out of a 1ton it had like 15k miles on it, it's a gm rebuild. The 1 ton had a sm465 and 4.11 was regularly driven 70mph still has the correct radiator and has no overheating issues.

I'm expecting overheating while on the trails but it's still in my driveway so...

shouldn't expect overheating on the trails, it's build to be loaded to the tits and haul a farkin 5T dump truck at 55mph all day long. idling along the trail in a regular pickup should be cake for it.

I remember :flipoff2:​​​​​​ then you painted axles and now your happy in the pnw.

painted my axles down there, and i fawkin' hate WA :flipoff2:

point is, i'm familiar with this drive everywhere vs not thing and non-OD trans isn't that big of a deal.

nice to have? sure. worth paying money for vs already have? not really :laughing:

i've got a spare TH350 sitting next to my house that was given to me :confused: apparently they multiply

painted my axles down there, and i fawkin' hate WA :flipoff2:

point is, i'm familiar with this drive everywhere vs not thing and non-OD trans isn't that big of a deal.

nice to have? sure. worth paying money for vs already have? not really :laughing:

i've got a spare TH350 sitting next to my house that was given to me :confused: apparently they multiply

I just gave two away:laughing: sadly I forgot about needing a short tailshaft.

Best part about Turbo 350 is NO FAWKING WIRES. The only way you can do better is Powerglide!

Depends on which th350 you have. C have a lock up converter

Th400 have a completely unnecessary kick down sol. But thats it.

700r4 only need wires for the tc lock up. Not needed at all. Still has a tv/kickdown cable just like a th350

Best part about Turbo 350 is NO FAWKING WIRES. The only way you can do better is Powerglide!

There are plenty of manual valve bodies with no wires for the Th400, 700, 4L80 too

Top Back Refresh