What's new

Texas Roadhouse / COVID

grumpy356

bordering on illiterate
Member Number
I find this sad, but interesting

Texas Roadhouse CEO Kent Taylor dies amid COVID-19 struggle

LOUISVILLE, Ky. – Kent Taylor, founder and CEO of the Texas Roadhouse restaurant chain, has died. He was 65. His family and the company say he took his own life after suffering from symptoms related to COVID-19, including severe tinnitus.

Taylor's family and the company on Sunday confirmed his death in a statement.

Tinnitus is a common condition involving ringing or other noises in one or both ears. Experts say the coronavirus can exacerbate tinnitus problems.

"Kent battled and fought hard like the former track champion that he was, but the suffering that greatly intensified in recent days became unbearable,” the statement said.

Taylor recently committed to funding a clinical study to help military members suffering from tinnitus, the statement said.

“Kent leaves an unmatched legacy as a people-first leader, which is why he often said that Texas Roadhouse was a people company that just happened to serve steaks,” the statement said.

Taylor opened the first Texas Roadhouse restaurant in 1993 in Clarksville, Indiana, coming up with the idea of a cocktail napkin. It currently operates 610 restaurants in 49 states and 10 other countries. Texas Roadhouse is based in Taylor’s hometown of Louisville, Kentucky.

“Kent’s kind and generous spirit was his constant driving force whether it was quietly helping a friend or building one of America’s great companies in @texasroadhouse,” Louisville Mayor Greg Fischer said on Twitter. “He was a maverick entrepreneur who embodied the values of never giving up and putting others first.”

Taylor, who died Thursday, is survived by his parents, Powell and Marilyn Taylor; three children and five grandchildren. Texas Roadhouse spokesman Travis Doster said a small private service is planned this week.

RIP Tinnitus guy :-(

Thoughts and prayers for your family

Last edited:
I find this sad, but interesting

RIP Tinnitus guy :-(

Thoughts and prayers for your family

I've had pretty major tinnitus for the last 3-4 years now, ever since my tumor showed up and got zapped: I still can't fathom ever getting anywhere near that point with it. Gotta be something else going on with the guy.

Sucks to hear. restaurants are having a very tough time, everybody says "the big ones are fine" and while they are better, they still aren't great.

all of it being taken together, really sucks to hear. if the big guys are killing themselves and we know some of the small guys are, it really points to just how bad the shutdown deaths are

[No message]

photo53889.jpg

Sucks to hear. restaurants are having a very tough time, everybody says "the big ones are fine" and while they are better, they still aren't great.

all of it being taken together, really sucks to hear. if the big guys are killing themselves and we know some of the small guys are, it really points to just how bad the shutdown deaths are

as the maskers believe....

a the deaths from suicide or anything else because of covid depression or issues, is worth it to save the lives of our elderly. they must sacrifice some to benefit us.

RIP

It stated that he was suffering from symptoms related to COVID including tinnitus. Some rare individuals are suffering odd long term problems.

My wife has a co-worker who got COVID, and is one of the unlucky ones with lingering problems. He has breathing problems, and still hasn't been able to return to work after 4 months. He is an anesthesiologist, and caught it at the hospital. He is only 46 yrs old.

Last edited:
Top Back Refresh