What's new

Texas Pride Trailers

Wulf

Member Number
Loc
Denver ish
Any reason not to buy one? I can drive down to TX and buy a new gooseneck from their outlet for as much as a beat to shit GN costs here in Colorado

Just want a shorty 20ft or so for hauling around my chit. If I need to haul another rig I'll just rent.

Any reason not to buy one? I can drive down to TX and buy a new gooseneck from their outlet for as much as a beat to shit GN costs here in Colorado

Just want a shorty 20ft or so for hauling around my chit. If I need to haul another rig I'll just rent.

2nd hand info, take it for what it's worth.

My buddy had one and sold it because it was way too big. He also said he'd never buy that brand because the axles used one of a kind parts that were hard to find.

I was interested in them when I was dump trailer shopping. They have 18 and 20k single wheel models which I thought was interesting.

2nd hand info, take it for what it's worth.

My buddy had one and sold it because it was way too big. He also said he'd never buy that brand because the axles used one of a kind parts that were hard to find.

I was interested in them when I was dump trailer shopping. They have 18 and 20k single wheel models which I thought was interesting.

That is a good point on the axles -- apparently they are made in house.

even their new trailer prices look pretty good. I noticed a few things i dont like in the pictures, bu for the price i expected worse.
My areas the same way, a destroyed trailer cost just about the same as a new one

May not be a huge issue for you, just worth mentioning.

Why a gooseneck in that length? Keep people from borrowing it? :flipoff2:

Do they make a "buggy hauler" version? (full width deck and drive over fenders)

May not be a huge issue for you, just worth mentioning.

Why a gooseneck in that length? Keep people from borrowing it? :flipoff2:

Do they make a "buggy hauler" version? (full width deck and drive over fenders)

Yep, that's about it :flipoff2:

Also, the convenience of parking in suburbia and a driveway in a ski town :homer:

​​​my buddy is pushing me to look at a 24' for the convenience of hauling full sticks of tube and any full size trucks if I need.

I found this trailer which seems like a better value. I rented a 40 ft Iron Bull and liked it. Full width deck, drive over fenders, and they have Dexter axles too...

https://www.trailernut.com/iron-bull-102x-24-equipment-trailer-drive-over-fenders--532g.html

A car hauler would meet the majority of need so I should be considering a cheap one. I have been using a loaner 20' PJ for the last year and have been content for the most part.

​​​​​

I'm not fond of TPT. I had one of their 5 car trailer's. I had wiring issues within the first week then over the course of a year had axle issues, 2 separate hydraulic issues, original tires wore out in 3 months and some structural issues. Had to take it all the way back to Texas for them to fix it, I love in southern Oregon. That being said they fixed everything at no charge and paid my fuel to get there and back. That's a pretty nice trailer in that last post, I'm looking for one like it but with a tilt deck and a little more GVW

They're a solid meh. I passed as I was willing to pay more for a better trailer. It's a trailer you give your hired hands to go fuck up and buy another one in a few years.

If you want to jew them, just get on their website and do the live chat.

I'd buy this, as the same price point, over texas pride any day

https://www.271trailers.com/2019-del...hHIh%7CmI.html

8" I beam instead of channel and true drive over fenders. I liked how much attention to detail iron bull does on the toolbox. But they waste a lot of deck space with how the build their tongue supports.

Fact

Last edited:
Isn't that the company that got fined TWICE for having tons of illegals working there?

Nothing to ad other than I drive by their mfg facility a few times a month when going out of town, yet nobody around here uses those trailers. It's all Big Tex, Kearney and PJ trailers out here. That should tell you something about them.

Yeah after all the feedback I'm gonna buy a cheap car hauler with dexter axles and keep on keeping on. Need for the GN has dissolved with some life changes over the last few months but that hasn't kept me from wanting one anyways.

They use dexter axles for those referring to the odd axles.

other than that..their trailers are nothing to be prideful of. rewired ours before it even hit the road. electrical tape connections, etc

other than that..their trailers are nothing to be prideful of. rewired ours before it even hit the road. electrical tape connections, etc

Not the tandem dual dump my buddy had.

Lots of those places hire illegals, why do you think all the trailers are made near the border :flipoff2: except pj, they just straight up make them in Mexico. Pick your poison.

I still like Maxxd, the company I worked for had dozens of 20' tilt trailers and I liked the Maxxd the best. They aren't leaps and bounds better, but I got by dump trailer otd for what other places had for sticker price. And I got all the little options that are extra on most brands (roll up tarp, spare tire, solar charger, ect)

They also make a tilt deck buggy hauler.

Seriously? The wires were taped at the joints from the factory? Holy shit, think of what else they half assed on the rest of the trailer. I’ve never been impressed with any factory wiring on any trailer I’ve owned. Those damn crush fittings to tap into a wire make my blood boil.

They claim their axles are built in house. If you spec dexter axles the price goes up.

I have a strong suspicion their in house axle is in cahoots with TK trailer parts just down the road.

I'd still run texas pride over a load trail anyday

My buddy offered up his truggy and 20ft PJ lowboy as a package deal. I'm thinking pretty hard about it.

Seriously? The wires were taped at the joints from the factory? Holy shit, think of what else they half assed on the rest of the trailer. I’ve never been impressed with any factory wiring on any trailer I’ve owned. Those damn crush fittings to tap into a wire make my blood boil.

I've seen wire nuts on factory trailer wiring. Ran through torched holes in the crossmembers.

It was a triple axle, being comercial the weight and vin stickers matter. Both wrong. They forgot the spare (it was delivered to us) the landing legs are hydraulic off a battery. Break (brake) away was wired to the landing leg battery, but not to 12v aux.

The did use a gang box from a house as a junction box for all the taped wires and wire nuts at the nose. they ran wiring that would be correct on trailers (yellow, brown, black, white, blue, green ) but all the wire functions were messed up, For instance yellow at nose is left turn, at the rear of the unit it was ground. left turn was blue

I did a lot of hunting around last year for a car trailer, checked out a few brands and decided on a Delco. I already had a 40' triple axle Delco and I liked it. They're built stout and are on the fairly heavy side, both have drive over fenders made of basically 3/8 C-channel. About the only things I don't like about the car hauler would be the super long and low dovetail and the fact that the ramps can only be flipped forward and not held upright without blocking the tail lights. But I really do like the flip forward ramps that turn it into pretty much a flat deck. I just rigged up a way to attach aluminum ramps to the back of the flipped ramps for the next time I haul something too long to flip them forward, haven't tested it out yet though.

KIMG0786.JPG

Last edited:
Still trying to figure out the new site so I had to make a separate post for this part. After what I saw last year looking at PJ trailers I'd steer clear from them. The welds were terrible on pretty much every buggy hauler I saw and the salesman's excuse was "It depends on who's doing the welding that day". Here are just a couple of what I came across in one particular dealer's lot before that salesman saw me and tried to convince me it wasn't that bad. The tan one was their higher priced fancy buggy hauler with the better rims and black wood, and the weld was right on the deck. The black one was on the dovetail joint.

KIMG0451.JPG

KIMG0450.JPG

Last edited:
Not the tandem dual dump my buddy had.

Lots of those places hire illegals, why do you think all the trailers are made near the border :flipoff2: except pj, they just straight up make them in Mexico. Pick your poison.

PJ makes their trailers in Sumner, TX, near the OK line. I have picked up a few of their units from the factory.

I had the choice between a new Big Tex and a 1-year old PJ car hauler last year... and I chose the PJ. Its heads and shoulders above the Big Fle.. er... Tex in both design and build quality. That's why the PJ was the same price. Better ramp storage location, better tongue design, actual C-Channel side rails instead of tall angle iron, Bulldog coupler, and the list goes on and on.

PJ makes their trailers in Sumner, TX, near the OK line. I have picked up a few of their units from the factory.

I had the choice between a new Big Tex and a 1-year old PJ car hauler last year... and I chose the PJ. Its heads and shoulders above the Big Fle.. er... Tex in both design and build quality. That's why the PJ was the same price. Better ramp storage location, better tongue design, actual C-Channel side rails instead of tall angle iron, Bulldog coupler, and the list goes on and on.

My father in law bought 2 buggy haulers, both say MADE IN MEXICO right on it.

They are decent trailers, better than big tex imo.

The place I got my Maxxd dump trailer from also sold pj, not only was the pj more expensive, it was pretty clear what the better trailer was. Main difference was the top rails the pj design is a joke.

My father in law bought 2 buggy haulers, both say MADE IN MEXICO right on it.

They are decent trailers, better than big tex imo.

The place I got my Maxxd dump trailer from also sold pj, not only was the pj more expensive, it was pretty clear what the better trailer was. Main difference was the top rails the pj design is a joke.

Perhaps the buggy hauler line, but the regular car haulers and goosenecks come from Sumner.

And I have never seen a weld as bad as the ones shown in this thread on any of the trailers coming out of Sumner, mine included. The welds are pretty nice.

Perhaps the buggy hauler line, but the regular car haulers and goosenecks come from Sumner.

And I have never seen a weld as bad as the ones shown in this thread on any of the trailers coming out of Sumner, mine included. The welds are pretty nice.

thankfully my 2012 pj buggy hauler doesnt have shitty welds, theyre not amazing but definitely good enough and far better than the pic in this thread, it lives most it life on rough unmaintained roads too

If you want a bad ass buggy trailer check out vimetal trailers they are actually in Mexico making the best haulers I have seen in both build quality, parts and design.

You think they have a whole plant just for buggy haulers? I'm guessing they are making other types of trailers there also.

Top Back Refresh