What's new

Testing my new Voodoo V22 Apparition.

why not just use like 10/22 mags or something?

ETA: or hell, some single stack pistol mag
there's just so many magazine patterns out there that don't need adjustable magwells and adjustable magazines that the idea of having both 'solutions' to a problem which could just be discarded is kinda "out there"

Yeah I think you're off base some

Well, it was for me. And it was my last chance before I started changing stocks and bottom metal. I even got a hold of an aluminum voodoo mag which was damn near unobtainable but it was worse than their polymer.

For the price voodoo commands, not having adjustable mags to tune different chassis and bottom metals is ridiculous
Well the plastic are only $30 ea, so even if one doesn't work well, (in my case), I still have three working mags. But the 14 round option is nice.

why not just use like 10/22 mags or something?

ETA: or hell, some single stack pistol mag
there's just so many magazine patterns out there that don't need adjustable magwells and adjustable magazines that the idea of having both 'solutions' to a problem which could just be discarded is kinda "out there"

Because those don't fit a 700 short action pattern mag well :flipoff2:

When you get them going they're awesome. My Bergara B14R with Bergara mags in a krg chassis feeds flawless.
The nifty part is the bolt strips the round and it snaps up into the bolt face, not being pushed into a feed ramp or the top of the chamber. There's no feed ramp even built into it at all. Round just snaps up and is going straight in without touching a thing.

22lr bullets are super soft, so they deform easily. My REM 597 beats the bullets up bad between the feed ramp and then the top of the chamber. It shows dramatically past 100 yards, even more so past 300.

Plus, with the 700 pattern you can run any 700 trigger, stock, chassis, scope mounts, etc. I have two bravos setup identical, with 2 identical triggers. It feels the same as my PRS rifle, and makes for "cheap" training.

FYI, if you havent been using them, or want to step up to something a bit nicer, the L3I 700 elite mags for AICS are pretty awesome. 14 rounds, adjustable mag catch on the mag, very tight in my OLD 40x conversion in a McMillan stock. i bought one and it beat the tar out of the old Black Ops mags i use and the newer voodoo mags i use also.
Just got a notice that these are back in stock. Ordered two...because I'm a gear slut.

Just got a notice that these are back in stock. Ordered two...because I'm a gear slut.

They had a distributor I ordered more from while these were coming back. Nedved.

I don't have an adjustment on the chassis for mag seating depth. These mags have their own adjustments

Mags came in, loaded them up for a NRL22 match with 13 rounds. During sight in they wouldn't feed reliably, so adjusted the feed up approx. 1/8" and they ran perfectly. Thanks again for the tip.

They've updated a couple thinga in testing at Capstone. They now provide chrono info and they no longer remove your barreled action.

Last edited:
Top Back Refresh