What's new

Tesla - Fuck the Haters

I'm not on board with electric cars/trucks right now either, but I think you are wrong to state 'Never ever be able to do it'. The electric F150 is a LONG way off from being capable of towing a 5k lb Jeep on a 2-3k lb trailer 3-5 hrs out of town for a weekend of wheeling, but it will happen one day. It might be the year 2030 or 2035 though. From what I remember reading, the REALISTIC range of the electric F150 towing a heavy load is probably 100-125 miles. I'm going to want to see a 500+ mile range at max towing load before I am interested.
You're really gonna drive eight plus hours straight? I'll be stopping for a piss and some lunch or something. Add an extra 2 minutes to the stop to hook up the charger. Even if you really wanted to drive that far without standing up, I can't imagine the pit stop being much of a hardship.

Those lanking sti
what current vehicle meant for towing a load gets a 500 mile range besides a 1st gen cummins?
Those clanking stinking smoking pre-turbo relics would be real fucking slow towing and going and glowing up Ice House Road.

I think 500 miles of range on the truck is the sweet spot. I can see range hits for towing to be pretty good at the current technology. So 300ish miles hooked up to a trailer is plenty. I have a specific trip to a buddies hunting camp that is my baseline.

In a winter snow storm. Hauling a trailer. 100 miles to the gate to the camp. Another 10 miles of logging trails to the camp. Sitting over a few days of around 0° temps. And then driving home without charging. 500 miles of epa rated range is a little bit more than what it’s going to take.

what current vehicle meant for towing a load gets a 500 mile range besides a 1st gen cummins?
None, but I can refuel my diesel truck on the way home in less than 5 minutes. An electric truck can't be recharged out in the woods of some off-road park, and I'm not interested in sitting in a parking lot for a long ass time while the battery recharges.

Last edited:
You're really gonna drive eight plus hours straight? I'll be stopping for a piss and some lunch or something. Add an extra 2 minutes to the stop to hook up the charger. Even if you really wanted to drive that far without standing up, I can't imagine the pit stop being much of a hardship.
I'm thinking more along the lines of driving 3-4 hrs for a weekend of wheeling, then driving home.

simples, when you need stupid big range just fire up the welder on the back and plug your thingiemabob into that to charge up
everyone should have a truck with a welder on the back

or bring a $50 neighbor hater genset along with and do the same

Not to totally derail the thread, but you're getting 500 miles out of your diesel? Care to go into detail?
I don't need to get 500 miles out of a tank when I can refill it in less than 5 minutes. I'm going to want that kind of range from an electric truck so I don't have to stop and sit while it recharges.

Those lanking sti

Those clanking stinking smoking pre-turbo relics would be real fucking slow towing and going and glowing up Ice House Road.
your dumb is showing :laughing::flipoff2:

1st gen cummins has a turbo, it also has 400ft-lb of torque straight off the lot, tows just fine up the sierras :flipoff2:

1st gen cummins has a turbo, it also has 400ft-lb of torque straight off the lot, tows just fine up the sierras :flipoff2:
400ft/lb don't mean shit, the important bit is the 150hp that means you're crawling up hills even unloaded

None, but I can refuel my diesel truck on the way home in less than 5 minutes. An electric truck can't be recharged out in the woods of some off-road park, and I'm not interested in sitting in a parking lot for a long ass time while the battery recharges.
why are you telling me this? do you see me promoting electric trucks for long distance truck stuff? defensive much? :laughing::flipoff2:

oh shit my dumb is showing you werent even telling me :lmao::flipoff2:

and no hp isnt important when towing a heavy load, which is why big trucks have many more torques then horses :laughing: :flipoff2:

I have never owned a car, any car , with a range of even close to 500 miles. 325 - 375 with a 50 mile buffer at best. I also never accepted the Dozer 7,000 lb diesel PU towin a trailer queen all over the place. But not everyone can live 75 minutes from the Loon Lake Trailhead.

Long Live Gatekeeper :flipoff2:
I have done over 600 in my EcoDiesel, but usually fill up around 500 to help the fuel pump.

:flipoff2: This is me ignoring my spotters.

Attachments

• 1y - Drive it out.JPG
    1y - Drive it out.JPG
    675.4 KB · Views: 12
im actually just trying to be light hearted and humorous :flipoff2::laughing:

thats why i use the emojies :laughing::flipoff2: to kinda let people know im just bullshitting around like guys do in the garage

you suck :flipoff2:

and if horse power is more important than torque why the fuck does my jeep with 180hp not tow uphill faster then my cummins with 160hp? :flipoff2::flipoff2::flipoff2: :laughing:

i built a 1st gen toyota that dumps for a neighbor :flipoff2: well actually it doesnt dump cause i left the wiring up a toggle switch to him and 5yrs later it still hasnt been hooked up :lmao:

i built a 1st gen toyota that dumps for a neighbor :flipoff2: well actually it doesnt dump cause i left the wiring up a toggle switch to him and 5yrs later it still hasnt been hooked up :lmao:
nah brah that big ol cannon, do it dump?
block out the sun when rollin' hard nomtombout

you be wasting fuel if it don't dump

im racist so i dont know what any of that means :laughing: :flipoff2:

but i guess you mean roll coal? i dont do that kind of stuff :laughing:

im racist so i dont know what any of that means :laughing: :flipoff2:

but i guess you mean roll coal? i dont do that kind of stuff :laughing:
but my good fellow how do you manage to obtain respectable fuel economy figures if you do not partake in the one activity that produces more lubricating oils from the well of which we all spring than any other?

I dont know what you call it but the first Dodge Diesels were Mitsubishi. And Trailer queens are just that :flipoff2:

Wiki says natural aspiration and 160 hp, 400 lb/ft no turbo sorry. And Trailer queens are just that :flipoff2:
idiots that just google shit :lmao::flipoff2:

1st gen cummins all had turbos doesnt matter what wiki says

ask the dodge parts manager guru he will know

The first-generation 5.9L inline-six Cummins engine came stock with 160hp and 400 lb-ft, courtesy of a Holset H1C fixed geometry turbo.

Top Back Refresh