What's new

Tesla - Fuck the Haters

Still as useless as any other car. Let me know when they make a pickup the average man can afford that doesn't look like a stealth bomber's retarded cousin.
I like the idea of less fluids and moving parts but know that the electronification of vehicles is just going to lead to more expensive repairs. It will be very interesting to see the cost per miles in ten years when they start having issues with circuit boards.

The aesthetics of the Tesla, in all models, is completely uninspiring to me. They have the same soap bar out of the shower styling that everything else has.

The truck looks like they put a first year CAD jockey in charge of the polygons! Be very interested in a pick up with a 350 mile range with a real bed towing 8K that can refill in 20 min. Call me then.

I like the idea of less fluids and moving parts but know that the electronification of vehicles is just going to lead to more expensive repairs. It will be very interesting to see the cost per miles in ten years when they start having issues with circuit boards.

The aesthetics of the Tesla, in all models, is completely uninspiring to me. They have the same soap bar out of the shower styling that everything else has.

The truck looks like they put a first year CAD jockey in charge of the polygons! Be very interested in a pick up with a 350 mile range with a real bed towing 8K that can refill in 20 min. Call me then.

Repairs will just become complete replacements. Similar to how Radio Shack used to stock parts for people to repair their shit with. It's the future and there's no turning back. The Rivian, for instance-- wow. Super clever engineering in that. My biggest gripe with electrical anything is the built-in control that stays with the manufacturer. The closest analogy is how most PCs used to come with a copy of MS Word, but now you can't own it, you "subscribe" to it. I --hate-- the rental mindset. Hate it.

My gladiator? I don't own the cell-phone remote start thing. I "got it" for one year and it went away. XM Radio? Same deal. For the new cars-- Want longer range? Subscribe. Quick charge? Subscribe. Air conditioning? Subscribe. And so on.

Repairs will just become complete replacements. Similar to how Radio Shack used to stock parts for people to repair their shit with. It's the future and there's no turning back. The Rivian, for instance-- wow. Super clever engineering in that. My biggest gripe with electrical anything is the built-in control that stays with the manufacturer. The closest analogy is how most PCs used to come with a copy of MS Word, but now you can't own it, you "subscribe" to it. I --hate-- the rental mindset. Hate it.

My gladiator? I don't own the cell-phone remote start thing. I "got it" for one year and it went away. XM Radio? Same deal. For the new cars-- Want longer range? Subscribe. Quick charge? Subscribe. Air conditioning? Subscribe. And so on.
Yep, I don't like it either. My Ram is having an Electric Power Steering Rack bug that causes it to lock up when starting under 45*. Likely a circuit board issue inside the thing. $2000 just for the rack. The year before had a conventional Rack... $200! Tell me how that is better?

Yep, I don't like it either. My Ram is having an Electric Power Steering Rack bug that causes it to lock up when starting under 45*. Likely a circuit board issue inside the thing. $2000 just for the rack. The year before had a conventional Rack... $200! Tell me how that is better?
cause that EPS got them another 1% on the CAFE test.

cause that EPS got them another 1% on the CAFE test.
I'm sure you are right. One less thing belt driven would help mileage slightly. Its funny because the 2500 is still belt driven. If it was possible to find one in a Junk Yard I'd be tempted to swap it all over.

Still sucks! Just like those crappy two piece lug nuts that save .2 ounces a piece...

I'm sure you are right. One less thing belt driven would help mileage slightly. Its funny because the 2500 is still belt driven. If it was possible to find one in a Junk Yard I'd be tempted to swap it all over.

Still sucks! Just like those crappy two piece lug nuts that save .2 ounces a piece...
2500 is a a heavy duty truck according to the gubbermint.
different emissions rules.

Tesla PE is ~350, a more normal growth company is maybe 20. Elon is a stud, but that's probably the most overpriced stock on wallstreet. There isn't enough market for him to make up that kind of growth.

They are gavernment handouts. Carbon credits kept them afloat from their start. All the "green" stuff is government hand outs picking winners and loosers by legislation. In Q2 of 2020 Tesla earned $428 million in carbon credits, a made up product to support "green"

Drop in bucket. Trillions, not billions, not millions. Dr Evil Genius !!!

I knew this thread would turn into a **** fest and bitch off but that really wasnt the intent :cookie:

I took the time to post this thread to share how remarkably successful Elon and Tesla have become in such a short time. To put it into perspective, they did this at the same time Toyota, Hyundai, Ford, and cough gm sat around their board rooms wankering and whacking off about how much money they made. They have been surpassed like roadkill in their own stench on Rte 75 Northbound. I do not undertsand the stock run up either, but I did read on the Wiki article that they have been the recipient of more hostile short bids than any other stock enterprise. Losers. Fail. And since then Elon has done what ? That's right Fluffy, he went into the sky just like Buzz Lighyear.

I drive a 20-yo Ford thats parked waiting right now on me to get the nerve and grow some skin back on my knuckles to fix. :laughing: There are literally pools and stains of blood, antifreeze and oil in Mrs Splibs clean immaculate garage floor. :flipoff:

:flipoff2:

Personally I believe the government is the one that is buying the Tesla stock and running up the price to get their name in the news to promote green vehicles. I wonder how many mebers of congress and government workers own Tesla stock while writing laws and regulations to benifit them.

Uh ?? WTF ? I am sure there would be some evidence, a single trace to substantiate this claim. Did Trump do tis ?? :laughing: Your move.

Drop in bucket. Trillions, not billions, not millions. Dr Evil Genius !!!

I knew this thread would turn into a **** fest and bitch off but that really wasnt the intent :cookie:

I took the time to post this thread to share how remarkably successful Elon and Tesla have become in such a short time. To put it into perspective, they did this at the same time Toyota, Hyundai, Ford, and cough gm sat around their board rooms wankering and whacking off about how much money they made. They have been surpassed like roadkill in their own stench on Rte 75 Northbound. I do not undertsand the stock run up either, but I did read on the Wiki article that they have been the recipient of more hostile short bids than any other stock enterprise. Losers. Fail. And since then Elon has done what ? That's right Fluffy, he went into the sky just like Buzz Lighyear.

I drive a 20-yo Ford thats parked waiting right now on me to get the nerve and grow some skin back on my knuckles to fix. :laughing: There are literally pools and stains of blood, antifreeze and oil in Mrs Splibs clean immaculate garage floor. :flipoff:

:flipoff2:
it's easy to bring shit to market when you treat the consumer like beta testers and have convinced them all that they're privileged to be a part of it using twitter.

the tesla autopilot shit is unsafe.
and they've still not delivered on autonomous driving, and people fucking paid for that shit.

Tesla hasn't done shit to bring their value up. When Tesla was valued at a tenth of its current price, must said it was overvalued.

What new products have hit the market in the past 2 years for them? What is just around the corner announced for them? They have in no way changed substantially. Yes, they moved a bunch of stuff out of CA....that's about it.

These threads always derail, so I will help too.
I like the electric car, mine is a crappy little hybrid that does 45 miles on electric then a gas generator. to take you further if needed.
I drive 15 miles a day, so I am the target person for the crappy little commuter cars. I love the fact that I don't have to do anything really to this car, rotate the tires every so often and add windshield washer fluid, the way a commuter car should be.

As for Teslas, I am just not a fan of the styling. Others seem to love the way they look, it's just not for me and my wallet.

These threads always derail, so I will help too.
I like the electric car, mine is a crappy little hybrid that does 45 miles on electric then a gas generator. to take you further if needed.
I drive 15 miles a day, so I am the target person for the crappy little commuter cars. I love the fact that I don't have to do anything really to this car, rotate the tires every so often and add windshield washer fluid, the way a commuter car should be.

As for Teslas, I am just not a fan of the styling. Others seem to love the way they look, it's just not for me and my wallet.
I am not anti electric car, I'm anti charlatan, and that's what I feel elon musk is.

These threads always turn to a shitfest because of the moral superiority that's the main marketing tool Tesla uses. "Be a thenthetive new age gender-fluid individual, not a knuckle-dragging reject from the last century!"

If Teslas were marketed honestly as a commuter alternative for high-density urban areas and sold at full market value without forced tax subsidies, they would be just another Altima. No one would care.

Personally I believe the government is the one that is buying the Tesla stock and running up the price to get their name in the news to promote green vehicles. I wonder how many mebers of congress and government workers own Tesla stock while writing laws and regulations to benifit them.
Not quite what you mean, but...

Alaska’s Department of Revenue raised its stake in Tesla by a huge margin during the 2020 fourth quarter, buying 124,654 shares of the world’s top EV company to bring its total investment to 126,754 shares,

Subsidized or not is a hugely partisan issue- you get a totally different story depending on the echo-chamber you're reading.

Just saw this on TikTok and it shows that you are at the mercy of the overlords with stuff like this. Glad to see some people in the comments turned off by Tesla’s doing this.

For those that aren’t aware there’s a trend to park perpendicular to the gas bump and this guy did that with his Tesla at the supercharger station. Tesla saw the video and they said if he does something like that again that obstructs the chargers they will not allow him to use the Tesla supercharger network.

TikTok

Uh ?? WTF ? I am sure there would be some evidence, a single trace to substantiate this claim. Did Trump do tis ?? :laughing: Your move.
I can't prove it, I just say I belive it. The government has been buying mortages and treasuries so what would stop them from buying individual stocks to prop up companies they want and to get themselves rich. I mean congress got away with it for years, investing in companies they were working on regulations and subisdies. I don't think the FED has to report what they are actually doing and is another reason to demand and audit of the federal reserve system.

I am not anti electric car, I'm anti charlatan, and that's what I feel elon musk is.

I can see that. I understand that. But I dont agree more than 25%. Then WTF does that make GM and the UAW ? Roadkill on the way to oblivion.

Tesla passed every business on the NYSE except 4 or 5. Let that sink in :idea:

Remember that Elon told Alameda County to fuck off at the height of the Wuhan panic. And he said he would be the first one they can jail

I know, I know, more marketing schlock according to the haters :laughing:

These threads always turn to a shitfest because of the moral superiority that's the main marketing tool Tesla uses. "Be a thenthetive new age gender-fluid individual, not a knuckle-dragging reject from the last century!"

If Teslas were marketed honestly as a commuter alternative for high-density urban areas and sold at full market value without forced tax subsidies, they would be just another Altima. No one would care.
Nailed it. Marketing wank, subsidies, half a billion in carbon credits etc

Tesla owners make yesteryears pious prius owners look like neanderthals in contrast.

Tesla passed every business on the NYSE except 4 or 5. Let that sink in :idea:
Smells funny. Stock price is not the same as profitable/sustainable. They are finally making some money, though.

Screen Shot 2021-10-28 at 12.29.25 PM.png

Remember that Elon told Alameda County to fuck off at the height of the Wuhan panic. And he said he would be the first one they can jail
:usa: I vacillate between being a fanboy and being irritated with his greasy sales tactics.

I did read a quote from Musk once that said that the entire car scam is to finance the space stuff, which I'm a huge supporter of.

everyone seems to be obsessed about the drama surrounding the guy rather than his inventions or thoughts and monetary success is an already saturated field.

He has not passed his competition, he has none.

You guys act like tesla is the first company to market on smugness. Any high priced brand does the same. I wish Musk good luck in his endeavors. He has a highly valued US company that builds cool and innovative stuff so he can fund his other US company to help us stay ahead of the space race. Go Elon.

If he has to market his cars to rich and smug assholes to do it, I say go for it. Maybe I'll buy one when they figure out how I can drive 450 miles to visit my parents.

You guys act like tesla is the first company to market on smugness. Any high priced brand does the same. I wish Musk good luck in his endeavors. He has a highly valued US company that builds cool and innovative stuff so he can fund his other US company to help us stay ahead of the space race. Go Elon.

If he has to market his cars to rich and smug assholes to do it, I say go for it. Maybe I'll buy one when they figure out how I can drive 450 miles to visit my parents.
sure, then make them pay full price, and not make a market where every person buying a F150 to go to work subsidizes some smug assholes tesla.

Top Back Refresh