What's new

temperature switch for electric fan in air compressor cabinet

same thing yesterday, filled about half way up, and still very little water in my water trap at the hose reel.

I'm going to run a muffler on the intake. made an adapter for the intake yesterday, I'll run a 1.25" ID hose down to the bottom of the cabinet next to the air inlet vent, and put the muffler/filter on there. Should make it quieter, and get cooler air into the compressor, for whatever that's worth.

I did this on my previous setup before I moved, and it noticeably reduced the compressor noise.

IMG-0946.jpg

IMG-0939.jpg

IMG-0941.jpg

got the hose and muffler in place, standing 6 feet away the decibel level dropped from 76.3 to 71.2

Not as big of a drop as with my previous setup, but I'll take it.

made a horrible looking shroud for the fan, out of some aluminum flashing folded over a few times. will see if that makes any difference in the air flow next time I'm using the air alot (I'll be out this weekend, so probably next weekend). If I feel it's not pushing enough through, I'll probably open up a hole in the cabinet to let air flow through.

Not really sure all of this is necessary, I really won't know until next summer when it's hot as shit out again (the cabinet is outside). And I'm probably stalling on my 33 Chevy project.... I should get back to that and stop dicking around with the air compressor.

IMG-0971.jpg

Top Back Refresh