What's new

Sxs wheelin trip

Socsmm6

Member Number
Looking for a good place to wheel within 6 hours ir so of north Ms.that has good camping.
thought about windrock, Ride Royal Blue, AOP, hot springs. We like hitting the rock gardens, a few hills, etc. not much for flat roads or mud. Stoney lonesome and hawkpride are where we usually ride.
moab is the trip we want to take but its 1500 miles one way. That wont be happening anytime soon.

Hot Springs is a good place to ride. The KOA at the end of the road it's on is an awesome campground.
Can you ride to the park from the koa? Ill have my truck and trailer but the other is a toy hauler.

Can you ride to the park from the koa? Ill have my truck and trailer but the other is a toy hauler.

Honestly, I'm not sure about that. Never tried it in a SXS. Maybe call the park or KOA and ask them if it's OK? I've never come across a cop in that area but that's not saying it can't happen...

Edit: The KOA is no more than 5min away from the park and it's not a main road.

Looking for a good place to wheel within 6 hours ir so of north Ms.that has good camping.
thought about windrock, Ride Royal Blue, AOP, hot springs. We like hitting the rock gardens, a few hills, etc. not much for flat roads or mud. Stoney lonesome and hawkpride are where we usually ride.
moab is the trip we want to take but its 1500 miles one way. That wont be happening anytime soon.
How long of trip are you thinking? If you are going for a week I would say hit Hot Springs for a couple days and then run up to SMORR in Seymour, MO. SMORR is usually open on weekends and holidays only but I have heard that if you call Brandon he will let people wheel thru the week. Campground there is top notch but it's electric only at the sites. Water and dump available on site though. They are adding full hookups but he's had trouble getting the electric boxes for the sites last I heard.

Top Back Refresh