What's new

SxS Picture Thread!

Click image for larger version Name:	20200614_163432.jpg Views:	0 Size:	646.3 KB ID:	131723
Click image for larger version Name:	20200308_132001.jpg Views:	0 Size:	948.2 KB ID:	131724
Click image for larger version Name:	20200816_151151.jpg Views:	0 Size:	2.04 MB ID:	131725

They look pretty badass for sure and its hard to beat Yamaha durability.

Those new RMAX 2's look decent but the cage is scary. Its not even a 6 point cage! :eek:

Yes, they added one small gusset, but their cages have always been lacking.

However, a couple we rent cabins from in WV also rent out machines. They had one of their X4’s barrel roll down off Flag Rock in WV 4-5 times with 4 passengers. The renters drove it all day, and all the next day, and brought it back all fucked up and totaled. So, they can hold up okay.

I’m not racing, so don’t worry much about it. A better cage would just get me doing dumber stuff. :laughing:

Wolverine X4 and from this weekend in WV. I love those sport machines, but definitely enjoy the expedition feel of the Wolverine a lot, too.

How do you like the wolverine? My wife has been hinting around the idea of an atv/utv, and since I've talked nothing but shit on golf carts, I know nothing of them. I like yamaha quads and bikes, any issues with the wolverine? Use would be family fun in the woods, and hunting.

How do you like the wolverine? My wife has been hinting around the idea of an atv/utv, and since I've talked nothing but shit on golf carts, I know nothing of them. I like yamaha quads and bikes, any issues with the wolverine? Use would be family fun in the woods, and hunting.

I can honestly say that after 1.5 years of ownership, and 1,800 miles on the machine, my only real complaint has ever been ground clearance, tire size, and width. The aftermarket to correct these issues has been lacking, but they've finally released a reliable 2" lift, working the clutch to handle bigger tires is a cinch, and the machine is overall bulletproof. I have not been nice to this machine, and it's been to South Dakota once, and West Virginia many, many, times. I've also had it in creek crossings where the water touched the bottom of the windshield with no snorkel.

However, with the RMAX 1000 coming out...oh man, I'd be all over that in a heart beat. Our local Yamaha dealer is number 2 in the country. They have the new RMAX listed at $19,900 with "E-mail for special pricing" below it. When I bought mine they sold it to me for $13,500 in 2019 (it's a 2019 Wolverine), which was $5,000-$6,000 less than anyone else. The RMAX is 64" wide, 29" tires on the 4 seater, and has a better cage design, and integrated fog lights.

EDIT: I want to say that some of my favorite features about this Wolverine is the all steel bottom (so you don't have to buy skid plates), steel tubing that keeps your doors safe on the underside, interior design is convenient, and reliability. A ten year belt warranty pretty much makes you not worry about that at all. I've literally had this thing in the tightest trails, to the point of leaning on trees, pinched between trees, leaning into rocks, etcetera, and haven't broken a single plastic, or destroyed anything. Even at night, when I'm certain I've ripped off a mud guard on the rear, it's still there, unmoved. Am I dedicated to Yamaha? I was looking to buy a Honda Pioneer, and then I saw the interior. This Wolverine has made me a dedicated Yamaha owner now.

Last edited:
Here's the current stage of the new cage on my pile. 2004 Rhino with HCR LT, Benchmark built motor and a few other odds and ends. It won't win a drag race, but there's not much it won't climb.

Those Rhinos are stupid-capable.

We rode with one that had 6,000 miles on it, beat to all hell, and broke down every time we stopped. That machine was absolutely amazing to watch crawl over everything with worn out suspension, tires that rubbed everything, and a heavy equipment operator behind the wheel. :laughing:

It'd be great to score one to play with.

Those Rhinos are stupid-capable.

We rode with one that had 6,000 miles on it, beat to all hell, and broke down every time we stopped. That machine was absolutely amazing to watch crawl over everything with worn out suspension, tires that rubbed everything, and a heavy equipment operator behind the wheel. :laughing:

It'd be great to score one to play with.

If I can figure out how to keep axles in it I'll be around for a while because I really enjoy this rig. I've kicked around everything from custom axles to cutting it off at the firewall and grafting a RZR front end on it.

If I can figure out how to keep axles in it I'll be around for a while because I really enjoy this rig. I've kicked around everything from custom axles to cutting it off at the firewall and grafting a RZR front end on it.

RCV or someone else doesn’t make axles?

RCV or someone else doesn’t make axles?

Only 1 company still stocks extended length axles and they use the stock CVs, which limits the shaft diameter. Even 300M shafts don't hold up. I can have some made, but the verbal quotes I've gotten so far are $500 each and up.

Only 1 company still stocks extended length axles and they use the stock CVs, which limits the shaft diameter. Even 300M shafts don't hold up. I can have some made, but the verbal quotes I've gotten so far are $500 each and up.

Geez oh man!

You know, I wonder if any newer Yamaha front A arms would fab up easily and help.

EA139C69-1651-4A71-BF8D-518DE782DB7A.jpeg
5EB753FD-B198-47D8-8B34-3DB68C3C8591.jpeg
If I was able to legally drive my SxS to work im not so sure I'd actually make it to work. :laughing:

Nice ride! How do you like the Wildcat XX?

The handling and suspension are just incredible. You can steer this thing with the gas pedal. If you like blasting through the desert at 60 mph, this thing is perfect. If you like trail riding in the mountains at 20-30 mph, it sucks at that. It's loud as fuck and it just wants to fly. That being said, it's for sale for $15k. I use it at our mountain preperty the most, but I need something more utilitarian like a Polaris Ranger.

Top Back Refresh