What's new

SxS Battery Upgrades

j20brett

I break things
Member Number
Loc
Katy, Tx
So, who's the go-to for powersports batteries these days? I see noco now makes a powersports lithium battery, and its like 5lb. Trying to get the most capacity for winching, lights, etc. Application would be a can am defender HD10 dps.

I'm running an Odyssey PC925 in my KRX1000. It handles winching much better than the factory SLA.

Do you want running power or long lasting non running power?

PC1200 with a Havoc Metalworks bracket in a X3

tempImagevnAGkR.png

Do you want running power or long lasting non running power?
From what i gather, these rigs dont have much as far as amperage output, so in an extended winch scenario, the battery gets drawn down quickly and cant recover with the stator output. I've seen a few folks put the PC1200 in the defenders, so if those are the gold standard, then ill stick with it.

From what i gather, these rigs dont have much as far as amperage output, so in an extended winch scenario, the battery gets drawn down quickly and cant recover with the stator output. I've seen a few folks put the PC1200 in the defenders, so if those are the gold standard, then ill stick with it.
i can confirm all that. my dad has a '21 HD10 and we stuck that B all the time. the winch will definitely do exactly what you've described.

pc1200 on order now actually, and currently looking for a spot for another battery

Last edited:
This area behind the driver side rear seat has plenty of room for an additional battery - only down side is its right in the path of the tire, so it’s gonna live a dirty life this was just a test fit, I’ll order the real parts and battery selector/isolation switch soon
CC3FF7ED-DF12-4EA9-B531-971128DEC295.jpeg
A596F9C1-175E-4658-A6FE-468199658C10.jpeg

Polaris RZR’s come with an empty space for a second battery. When I built this thing I wanted a second battery for winching. Did some digging for small automotive batteries that were just the right size. I’m using two AGM batteries for a Mazda Miata in the factory location under the seat, with the solenoid pack for the winch in there with them.
E69A8F2D-EB56-49BB-A1EE-88E1232C045C.jpeg

Polaris RZR’s come with an empty space for a second battery. When I built this thing I wanted a second battery for winching. Did some digging for small automotive batteries that were just the right size. I’m using two AGM batteries for a Mazda Miata in the factory location under the seat, with the solenoid pack for the winch in there with them.
E69A8F2D-EB56-49BB-A1EE-88E1232C045C.jpeg
good to know. I think my RZR battery is nearing end of life. haven't ridden it since Nov and just moving it in and out of the garage a couple times it needed jumped when it as bitter cold.

I love the lithium battery in my motorcycle. But I think the standard recommendation is to not use lithium for winching. So, I'd follow the SLA or AGM stuff listed above.

Strangely, the battery is the only thing on my RZR that hasn't seemed shitty. I swear I'm on the original one from 2015 somehow. Great info on the Miata batteries, JR4X . And nice color-coding. :flipoff2:

I love the lithium battery in my motorcycle. But I think the standard recommendation is to not use lithium for winching. So, I'd follow the SLA or AGM stuff listed above.

Strangely, the battery is the only thing on my RZR that hasn't seemed shitty. I swear I'm on the original one from 2015 somehow. Great info on the Miata batteries, JR4X . And nice color-coding. :flipoff2:
The original battery out of my rzr is still good and running my Geo tracker. Why color code correctly when I can risk an electrical meltdown 4 inches away from a plastic fuel tank.

When I have to winch this things it’s always a hard pull. I think you can get away with lithium and light winching like a suck down winch. But if it’s real full vehicle weight winching I want real batteries. I switched to AGM because since they’re under my seat I don’t want them spilling acid on me when it’s upside down, and it has been upside down.

Last edited:
Got the PC1200 installed last weekend, this sucker is huge! battery hold down wont fit over the top, but the front mount fits fine to hold it in. I really dont think its moving.
20220429_151223.jpg

Top Back Refresh