What's new

SXII Stickies.....

I've got my fingers crossed they bring those 45s back very soon.
Why? By far the worst tires ive seen try to work. They just plain ol sucked. Maybe the "sticky" version (if thats a thing) will help. Ill stick with my 43s.

Have you ever wheeled with 43 sx non sticky? Because they're pretty fucking terrible also :laughing:
I have not. But i have seen some other non-stickies work way better than the 45 SXII. They were like concrete driving on glass.

Mud Tar sticky for lyfe.

Im talking about the 45 stickies not the regular compound, at that point I'll make the jump to the 47 LTB that I know works for its limited compound

I got my 42"s mounted up. Unmounted they measure 39.625". Mounted on my Sidetracked Offroad beadlocks (9.5" wide) and aired up to 30 PSI, they measure right at 42". The tires themselves weigh right at 100Lbs and 143Lbs mounted on the aforementioned wheels.

C233AF0A-1E6E-449A-9FD2-5B65AB1155D1.jpeg

2C37FECB-C216-4610-B032-6A1621290D98.jpeg
3CF316A4-26A5-4430-9ACC-681BA6673815.jpeg

C89786F7-AC33-44B0-88BD-455B0288870B.jpeg

B0A394D2-1E29-49ED-9C2B-5ECF90D272A1.jpeg

Last edited:
I got my 42"s mounted up. Unmounted they measure 39.625". Mounted on my Sidetracked Offroad beadlocks (9.5" wide) and aired up to 30 PSI, they measure right at 42". The tires themselves weigh right at 100Lbs and 143Lbs mounted on the aforementioned wheels.
C233AF0A-1E6E-449A-9FD2-5B65AB1155D1.jpeg
They have the interco loose inner bead? Looks :grinpimp:

Have any of you guys who've bought Interco's blems been able to see why it was considered a blem?

I bought 5 - 45" SXII's a number of years ago and I could never see any reason for them to be blems.
All I was able to tell was that the date code had the numbers overlapping each other a bit. If I didn't know they were blems, I'd have never noticed.

Thanks! They seemed pretty tight; the inner bead didn't seat until I got about 25 PSI in the tires. If it is half as tight as those Pitbulls were, I shouldn't have any problem :homer:
I had the same experience. Took a surprising amount of air to seat the bead. I'm not sure the exact value but was over 20 psi.

All I was able to tell was that the date code had the numbers overlapping each other a bit. If I didn't know they were blems, I'd have never noticed.

That is about all I noticed on mine. There was very minor misalignment in the molds that was mentioned earlier, but it was so slight, the only reason I noticed it was because I was looking for it.

With or without duct tape?

No duct tape on mine.

No duct tape or anything else on standard raceline beadlocks. Not even a fancy Method beadlock with fancy inner beads.
I ended up ordering Raceline‘s myself ..how did they handle that thickass bead on the SXII’s ? I put a set of calipers on them and it’s ever bit 1.0 thick and Raceline recommends a .250 ring spacer at .750 .

I ended up ordering Raceline‘s myself ..how did they handle that thickass bead on the SXII’s ? I put a set of calipers on them and it’s ever bit 1.0 thick and Raceline recommends a .250 ring spacer at .750 .
Did fine for what it's going to be used for, it's a little more tapered in than I'd like for street driving, but it will do for just trail use. Holds air just fine, just wouldn't want to risk the broken bolts if I were highway driving on this setup.

my side tracked beadlocks all 4 took about 25-30 psi to get inner bead to pop. i did two wraps of black gorilla tape,

Mounted my 40s today on american racing steelies w/ rock rings. I am glad i didnt do a duct tape wrap on the safety beads as it took 69-74 psi to seat the bead on all 5. Shit made me nervous!! I havent needed more than around 20 psi on all the other tires i have mounted in the past, and i used a fuck ton of tire soap on these sxs🤷🏻‍♂️ Pics of tires on rig tomorrow. Anyone want a set of 80% 39” reds on racelines?

Tires are mounted, and took the rig out for a rip around the cul-de-sac and field. Rubber is definitely soft. I was planning on breaking them in on the street but think that might not be the best idea now as the wore a bit just from 1/2 mile or so on the asphalt.
IMG_0498.jpeg
IMG_0499.jpeg

I ended up making some 8mm thick fiber reinforced ABS rings to use as spacers because my Raceline‘s beadlock rings were already coning while torquing and the ring was like 5/16“ from the wheels mounting face. The 42” sx 2’s got some fat beads.
IMG_0772.jpeg

Can anyone compare them to the 43sx sticky compound?

Just from the pics, they almost look too soft.
they "feel" about the same. I always go around like a weirdo touching peoples tires at parks, and these feel as soft, if not a little softer than the 43 stickies. I am headed to Good Evening Ranch with the rig for three days of wheeling this week so should have a good report by next Monday. I will also have my 80 series on reds as a backup on the trailer in case they are sooooo grippy that they just snap all my driveline components instantly.

I ended up making some 8mm thick fiber reinforced ABS rings to use as spacers because my Raceline‘s beadlock rings were already coning while torquing and the ring was like 5/16“ from the wheels mounting face. The 42” sx 2’s got some fat beads.
IMG_0772.jpeg
How did you make these? I need a set for the steel racelines on my cruiser but they were impossible to get so I ended up just using a fuck ton of washers.

How did you make these? I need a set for the steel racelines on my cruiser but they were impossible to get so I ended up just using a fuck ton of washers.
I bought two sheets of 18x36 ABS off scam bay , like $100 delivered . I took them to work and basically copied the diameters off the beadlock ring and hole pattern..I did it on a CNC machining center but you could do it with a hand drill and jig saw . Raceline sells these in .125 thickness but they’re just 90° partial ABS rings so I would have ended up with eight pieces of spacer on each wheel rather than the one piece I‘ve got now. And it would have cost $200+ to buy the 32 spacers from Raceline .

I cut the sheets into 4-18x18 pieces then bolted them together with some holes in the scrap portion of the material ..then processed them together to limit the redundant setups. I programmed a machine to do the bolt hole circle and mill the ID and OD but clamping the beadlock ring on to the material then copying the hole pattern with a hand drill would be easy. Then put some bolts around in the new pattern and saw out the ID and OD .

Wheeled Good Evening Ranch last weekend for the first time. At first I thought the SXII's fucking sucked. I then realized that my air gauge was off, and I was at 12-13 psi instead of 8. I dropped it down to 8 in the front and 7 in the back and they started working ok. GER was super wet, and everyone was slipping and sliding around except for the JKU w/ reds, and the fj80 series on maxxis razrs. Overall after a weekend of fucking around with pressures, spinning the tires as much as possible to round the tread, and beating my rig harder than I think I ever have, I kinda walked away feeling "mehh". I broke 2 beads (I am running steelies w/ welded on rock rings, wheels are 9" wide) and didn't seem to have as much traction as I am used to, but also have never wheeled this park. GER is waaaay steeper than the Cove, or Rausch, both of which also have much more traction and much better drainage, so I am not really comparing apples to apples here, but I think the lack of reds on my jeep really just showed me that I have some improvements to make:
1: 98" wheelbase is too short once shit gets steep
2: I need to ad internal beadlocks so i can get the tires to a pressure where they really shine.

I am gonna throw some internal locks in to fix the bead breaking issue, and do a little bit of wheelbase work before my next trip in August. In the mean time I am towing it back to my house to rip around the city to try to really break in the tires and round off the tread blocks.

The picture is from late night shenanigans on Cripple Creek. No front driver tire bead int he pic and we were trying to get it back on w/ a Viair compressor and ratchet straps:homer:. This same trail ride I made it up all the obstacles driving my FZJ80 on 37 coopers w/ very little issue (friend was driving my jeep after he broke his toyota buggy frame). Ill post an update once I get to wheel the new tires again after I makes some changes. :beer::beer::beer:

Attachments

• IMG_6252.jpg
    IMG_6252.jpg
    730.9 KB · Views: 31
GER might not be a fair test with new rubber and short WB. 110-118 works well there.

Top Back Refresh