What's new

Suspension seats, but for poors

Hyde

Andgoseek
Member Number
Loc
North Idaho
Posting this in newb because the seats I'm looking at are entry level.

I had pretty much decided on the Corbeau Baja JP Wide, I would really like to see a picture of the mounting though, I think vertical mount else be easier for my application but they don't do the SS in wide.

I was also looking at the Mastercraft Nomad. I'd like to hear opinions from people that have used either or both, or have a suggestion on something else in the sub-$500 per pair suspension seats

Posting this in newb because the seats I'm looking at are entry level.

I had pretty much decided on the Corbeau Baja JP Wide, I would really like to see a picture of the mounting though, I think vertical mount else be easier for my application but they don't do the SS in wide.

I was also looking at the Mastercraft Nomad. I'd like to hear opinions from people that have used either or both, or have a suggestion on something else in the sub-$500 per pair suspension seats

Corbeau does sell the SS in wide.

Might be worth looking at PRP Seats

I went with PRP's through a dealer as they were cheaper than PRP direct. i'm glad I did and glad I got something I was able to get sized to me as all the basic sizes were not right, for a little bit extra, the difference in comfort is worth it

poor seats are junkyard seats, there is no reason to spend $200 on a seat that doesn't fit, so you might as well get something that works at that point for whatever price it costs. there is tons of options in the junkyard that are "close"

poor seats are junkyard seats, there is no reason to spend $200 on a seat that doesn't fit, so you might as well get something that works at that point for whatever price it costs. there is tons of options in the junkyard that are "close"

The Honda Civic seats in my crawler are pretty damn comfortable

I have junkyard Scion seats in it now, I need to go to aftermarket corner mount without tracks since I pushed my transfer case into the seat tracks territory

I have prp premier high backs in 2 rigs and a nomad in another. The nomad is ok, but for a little more you can completely customize the prp seats.

The Honda Civic seats in my crawler are pretty damn comfortable

I was happy with my izuzu or whatever seats, I went to pick and pull, at in a couple dozen seats, bought the ones in the best shape during a half off day.

they were great except I couldn't use the head rest, which was fine until I put my head through my rear glass :laughing: being over 6 foot tall, getting the shoulders of a seat actually above my shoulders and having a head rest that actually catches my skull were both important. turns out I also needed a +2" wide PRP in the hips even though i'm under 200lbs

Last edited:
Lot of PRP recommendations and I've heard good things overall. The Daily Drivers are only about $150 more than low end Corbeau.

Any PRP daily driver reviews from bigger guys, I'm 6' 280 38in waist. Don't think I have room to run PRP wides, the Corbeau wides are actually narrower overall than regular since they just don't have as much bolster.

Lot of PRP recommendations and I've heard good things overall. The Daily Drivers are only about $150 more than low end Corbeau.

Any PRP daily driver reviews from bigger guys, I'm 6' 280 38in waist. Don't think I have room to run PRP wides, the Corbeau wides are actually narrower overall than regular since they just don't have as much bolster.

see if you have any shops or dealers around you that have a few you can sit it and try out. I was really surprised at how small the standard and first "wide" seats were. if you can't fit a wide enough seat, then you'll need to get one with low side bolsters, playing around with the different combinations and styles makes a big difference in fit.

I have had Recaro seats that were great, but I think they are out of your price range

you just don't wanna go to cheap, cuz your life might depend on it

I have had Recaro seats that were great, but I think they are out of your price range

you just don't wanna go to cheap, cuz your life might depend on it

This guy right here:lmao::lmao: Junkyard cheapest seat there is. Jbweld that shit to the body and full send.:lmao:

But seriously interested in this thread. I guess I should go find a few different seat dealers in my state and take a seat to see what I Dont want to spend money on.

most shops I contacted in Texas, did not keep them (EDIT: Corbeau Seats) on the showroom floor..

your best bet is askin people at shows, or when hangin out in parking lots, if you can try them..

Last edited:
I have a 4 wheel parts near me I know they deal in Corbeau and Mastercraft, I'll have to swing in and see what they have. Nearest PRP dealer is 3 hours away so they'll be tougher, put the word out to my local guys to see what they have to see if I can get some seat time in theirs though. I think actually sitting in them will be the best way to go about it

4 wheel parts does carry them, but they usually don't keep them on the floor

you just can't make money off seats, when everyone sells them for the same amount cuz of rules

Anyone ordered from Metaltech4x4? Best price I've found on PRP, close enough I'll definitely get them over Corbeaus if they're good to go

I just put a set of PRP Daily Drivers in my FJ40. I'm 6'4" 250 and did the plus 4 height to get the shoulders and head rests up, but standard width. The bolsters on the daily driver aren't as aggressive so the standard width works just fine for me. A similar sized friend did the +2 width I believe on the comp elite PRP seats since those have a bigger bolster.

Only mistake I made was ordering it with the piping. If you end up with PRP order them without that. The piping got dinged up just taking it in and out of the truck for mockup. I have a feeling it will start getting torn up not long after I start getting in and out of the truck more often.

When recovering my B2 seats on the CHEEP, (I bought a JY PS seat and swapped the foam and shit onto the DS) I also added all the extra springs from the new seat, got a one inch lift to boot.

I've been in multiple rolls offroad.. one totaling my 4x4.. the others as a passenger

you don't wanna go cheap on a roll cage or seats ( which I was planning to do, at the same time as my SaS )

i didnt roll fast but for a second or two i wished i had the cage

its also messed up to not having "Matching Seats" in the front

Top Back Refresh