What's new

suspension seat mount that is adjustable

chaplinfj60

Member Number
Loc
marshalltown iowa
Good afternoon,

I have PRP suspension seats and these dumb adjusable mounts. cant say it enough, they suck. mud, dust and shit get in them track and they dont freaking work at all.

is there anything else out there. i saw one buddy hade some rails that had a shit ton of holes and he just pulled the pins and the seat moved. maye its a DIY idea of angle and a bunch of holes drilled. but would like to adjust the seat with out taking the panels off to get under the seats.

i cant find them please help...

1674844349541.png

Chassis Unlimited used to sell these. They arent on the web anymore, if they still have them.

product-5-jpg.669665

installed2-jpg.669777

I am needed something like this, that has the longer travel also, if you happen to find anyone that wants to make them.

these are like the ones i have, but what might work better is pulling from the center and moving both locks. the other one you moved the lever sideways and it did magic to move the other one. sometimes...

1674850488367.png

these are like the ones i have, but what might work better is pulling from the center and moving both locks. the other one you moved the lever sideways and it did magic to move the other one. sometimes...

1674850488367.png
I’ve had a few of those in vehicles. They suck and the bar always falls out. 👎

i guess a piece of angle iron and drill holes nd use quick pins and slide the seat back and forth till something lines up. but damn thats a pain on the rear two pins behind the side panels.

more searching. maybe look at how some seats from other cars or trucks are done and rob some of them parts like mentioned.

these are like the ones i have, but what might work better is pulling from the center and moving both locks. the other one you moved the lever sideways and it did magic to move the other one. sometimes..

I put one of those in the kernal, one week wheelin in the finest sand ever and it seems fine, although I don't move it much. I had to tweek the center bar quite a bit for the width I ended up with and it's super tight in there.

What about adjustable pedals and wheel instead?

Sliders simply do not last in a rig that sees Midwest mud, MIOBI mud in particular. Make your own with two long pins even if you have to remove your bubbly wrapped side panels to change them once a weekend.

I have the chassis unlimited. Ok for occasional adjustment but they're stupid tight unless you spend a ton of time shimming and adjusting so that they're completely parallel. I ended up milling the passenger side rails for a little more clearance since they're in a 1st gen 4runner and I need the seat to slide easier for rear seat access since the cage makes it almost impossible with the top on.

I don't remember who built it BUT i have seen more than one person make some with small linear actuators to adjust seats before.
Did they pin into position or just rely on the actuators to hold them? I thought really seriously about doing that but I think I'd still want something to lock them in since the actuators are rated to move and hold a load but a shock load could take them wayyyy over that.

After watching the fireball tools vise torture test video in shop and tools yesterday maybe making your own would be the way to go since their 1.25 5tpi leadscrew held 90,000lbs before the nut broke off and it was designed to be a fuse.

Unistrut. :flipoff2:

If you're so fat that two rails on the floor can't hold you in place you're so fat you're not gonna survive even if it did. :flipoff2:

i took a flight yesterday and thought about the seat adjusters on airplanes or busses to adjust the seat. its that AL track with holes in it,. cant remember whats it is called.

i like the uni strut idea too.

You might look at adapting sliders from a UTV, they're probably not a ton better than what PRP sells, but they're at least designed for an open air vehicle.

Honda has a history of making boring shit that works, this might be a good option.

Seems like you could very easily make a sliding base out of some telescoping tube. You could even machine nylon bushings to make it quite. Drilled holes with pins in the front would work, or better yet use a linear actuator for push button adjustment. It doesn't need to be super complex to work.

Top Back Refresh