What's new

Suppressed rimfire ammo

I use 3 different grains, big difference at 100 yards, I keep it sighted on my most accurate, and use the others for my other toy, I find federal works best

I use 3 different grains, big difference at 100 yards, I keep it sighted on my most accurate, and use the others for my other toy, I find federal works best
He's trying to keep his suppressor from getting lead fouled, he wants to know if the powder coating on the bullet helps with that, as advertised.

It is 22LR. It is going to be dirty.

Clean your weapons and all is good :beer:

I have a pretty strong ultrasonic cleaner that I've used on my CF cans, so will probably do the same with this one if it ever gets out of jail.

I've bought some of the high velocity just to try in a unsuppressed G44 I bought for a farm gun. I leave the ammo in a toolbox on the tractor and I thought that maybe the coating would keep it from deteriorating as quickly in the humidity here.

It smells cleaner, and doesn't appear to leave as much of the black ring of GSR at the muzzle of the gun.

No idea if that's real or perceived.

Well one of them is a MKIII Ruger...so you can guess how often it gets cleaned.:laughing:
Just need to hit it with the brake cleaner from time to time lol:laughing:

Does that work? Ive thought about that or starting fluid.
Eh... I'd avoid that for the weapon. Wouldn't hurt the suppressor, probably, though

Eh... I'd avoid that for the weapon. Wouldn't hurt the suppressor, probably, though
My Sig P322 is a nasty mess.
19C0F10A-EB87-471F-93E6-F69D0D963F43.jpeg

I leave the ammo in a toolbox on the tractor and I thought that maybe the coating would keep it from deteriorating as quickly in the humidity here.
I'd think some filthy smoky waxy stuff would last longer, because the wax'll seal the case mouth where the powdercoat won't

Just need to hit it with the brake cleaner from time to time lol:laughing:
I've been shooting some bore scrubber down the barrel and following it with a snake, wipe down the action as much as possible and then light Lucas oil. Has been working fine, but eventually it will need a complete teardown, and there's a company that makes some replacement parts that are
supposed to fix all the factory fuckery.

I'd think some filthy smoky waxy stuff would last longer, because the wax'll seal the case mouth where the powdercoat won't
The wax doesn't seem to do anything to help.

While I haven't suffered any misfire issues, the lead whites over quickly and that oxide layer seems to absorb moisture.

Aisin,, how's the p322?
Been looking for one. Heard a bit of mixed reviews on reliability.
Would like to have it as a suppressor host and replace my misquito.

Aisin,, how's the p322?
Been looking for one. Heard a bit of mixed reviews on reliability.
Would like to have it as a suppressor host and replace my misquito.
Love mine. No issues at all. Ive seen guys have issues with leading issues in the barrel but mine doesn’t have that problem.

Funny this came up today. Stopped in at my dealer to check on my stamps and see if anything interesting came in and he had a couple p322s that just came in. Wasn't overly impressed with the red dot model so I went with the standard version.

Now I just need my can out of jail.

Top Back Refresh