What's new

Superduty bumper builds?

Squamch

Canadian
Member Number
Loc
republic of Vancouver island
My flatdeck is about ready to drop on my 2001 f350 diesel, so naturally instead of finishing that, I'm starting to plan a winch bumper for it instead.
I've got a warn 9000 winch, forget what model, possibly its an 8000...hard to say from here really.
I'm kinda kicking around the idea of a half plate/half tube bumper. Build a winch cradle out of plate, wings out of tube? I've only got a die for 1.5" DOM, which might look kinda goofy and small on a truck that big.
I'm more or less just looking for inspiration or advice.

Anyone built a bumper for a superduty? Anything I should consider before I start making sparks and making the case to my wife of how this is actually leaving it basically stock like I said I would?

I’m partly through a Move Embark build. Sounds like it might be what you are looking for. I have a Smittybilt 15.5k I’m putting in that requires some slight modification, including trimming the grille. A smaller winch would probably fit OK.

Overall I’ve been pretty happy with the design of the bumper. Hopefully I’m gonna finish welding it tomorrow, not sure when it will get cleaned up and painted though.

Gold truck isn’t mine, it’s the only one I’ve been able to find mostly finished.

F359BB13-0BF6-40EB-849E-B5D6FCA83B3B.jpeg

B278F75A-9833-4EFB-9304-A3479DE354DE.jpeg

Last edited:
I have a warn I need to put on my truck. I like the design, the winch cradle bolts up to the frame rails, then the plate bumper bolts to it. Makes it manageable and relatively light.
warn-heavy-duty-winch-mount-bumper-with-grille-guard-in-black-powder-coat-63600-front-bumpers.jpg

I’m partly through a Move Embark build. Sounds like it might be what you are looking for. I have a Smittybilt 15.5k I’m putting in that requires some slight modification, including trimming the grille. A smaller winch would probably fit OK.

Overall I’ve been pretty happy with the design of the bumper. Hopefully I’m gonna finish welding it tomorrow, not sure when it will get cleaned up and painted though.

Gold truck isn’t mine, it’s the only one I’ve been able to find mostly finished.

Got a side profile shot? Looks like it doesn't hang way out like a lot of them do.

It definitely doesn’t protrude like many, the winch gets tucked in really well. The power steering cooler may need relocated because of it.

photo37321.jpg

Got a side profile shot? Looks like it doesn't hang way out like a lot of them do.

Ha! That's what I thought as well, that might be the first good looking MOVE bumper I've seen, so many of them are massive!

Ha! That's what I thought as well, that might be the first good looking MOVE bumper I've seen, so many of them are massive!

Like a fat bottom lip 😂.

I was pretty excited when they released the Embark. I think the only off the shelf bumper I’ve been interested in was over $1500

is your truck a diesel? Wondering if it gets into the intercooler at all.

Yeah it’s a diesel, I have 1 1/2” added to the winch mounting plate and it’s still a good 3-4” from the condenser.

I finished it finally!

I wish I had gone with 3 sets of lights, but couldn’t get a smoking deal on more than the two.

I made the bumper more work than it needed to be, but overall I’m very happy with how it turned out.

photo48946.jpg

photo48947.jpg

He posts a pic claiming it proves he knows about suspension and robotics.
yeah its a poster and a sticker on a podium not prving a god damn thing. Now hes all proud and puffy chested and knows everything.

Here is mine. 1.75" tube
no winch, may mod it on day and get larger mounting plates on it.

photo51586.jpg

Here is mine. 1.75" tube
no winch, may mod it on day and get larger mounting plates on it.

On anything 4k or heavier I'd consider a single 1.75 tube more of a cosmetic valence than a bumper.

Eh....if i hit something it crushes. I dont need 300+ lbs of gay on the front of my truck....i try not to drive into bulls. Its a crumple zone haha:flipoff2:
I guess you can say its a deflector:grinpimp:

Eh....if i hit something it crushes. I dont need 300+ lbs of gay on the front of my truck....i try not to drive into bulls. Its a crumple zone haha:flipoff2:
I guess you can say its a deflector:grinpimp:

Quoting for when you wind up replacing a head light after bumping something at 5mph. :flipoff2:

Top Back Refresh