What's new

Sunday Night Loser's Club FATHER'S DAY EDITION

In

Going to hang out with the older son.

What's your plan/s today, dads?

One kid in Norfolk (USCG) one in Silverdale WA (USN).

I am celebrating the self evident fact that I have 2 awesome sons that make me proud to be a father.

That said, headed to Charlotte later to day to babysit some C-suite-ers in meetings tomorrow... :(

Went to church with the wife and kid today. Now cooking all the major meat groups. Beef, pork, and chicken in various flamed/smoked kissed manners.

I will be in. Slept like shit so other than making breakfast for myself have been lazy couch sitting all day. Trying to get a nap in.

Going to make a run to Wildhorses tomorrow to pick up a power steering pump to get the bronco working again. Then probably load it on the trailer and make another shakedown run to prairie city on Tuesday. Have the next two weeks off:beer:

Gave one of my old bikes a very light/quick detailing, called the old man to wish him a happy father's day and now I'm back to lounging around the house till dinner.

Played with my kid today out in the yard and gave him his first "driving lesson."
IMG_20210620_124109460.jpg

Last edited:
Wife and kids are going to a fancy hotel with my mother and father in law. Last hurrah before we move across country. I had to bow out though. Still a bunch of stuff to finish up here at the house before the moving trailer is picked up and the buyers come to do their final walk thru tomorrow afternoon. They are leaving in a few and I will be finishing gutting and cleaning the house. Then I’m gonna hit the hot tub with a cold beer or two and soak off the soreness of all the heavy lifting I’ve been doing the last few days.

Worked today, just took shower & heading to another gig. Yup, Ima tired-

In, went to breakfast, Then to my dad's.
I burnt out relaxing now thinking about work tomorrow.

In

Going to hang out with the older son.

What's your plan/s today, dads?
Here by myself, except for the 6 dogs. Sharon went back down to Ramona, Ca. for the granddaughter's high school graduation. Due to Newscum's Kung Flu mandates she was only allowed 3 guests at her graduation, plus someone needed to stay here with the dogs. Sharon will be back tomorrow late afternoon and the granddaughter will be coming up too because she wants to go to the college here for their vet tech program.

Woke up feelin good, posted in the baby daddy thread. Ate some lunch and Im now on the couch with a fever. I also have to go back to work tomorrow. Fack.

Amazingly somehow I woke up not hung over. Worked all day. Nothing fathers day related going on here.

In. Got a couple of texts from daughters. Girlfriend hung out with me, vacuumed part of the basement of "new" house.

Drove with my two boys 19 and 26 from Grass Valley to Pomona for a graduation party Friday, Saturday am drove 4 hours to a Padres Game in shit-ass traffic the whole way, back to Pomona, and drove today back to Grass Valley. Was 111 on the way down. A/C was struggling.

The game in a Home Plate Box was amazing. Leather recliners and a waiter, all inclusive. Son caught a foul. Guy in the next box flipped a $100 to him for the foul ball for his kid. SOLD!!!

I’m drinking beer and BBQing. Told the boys they were off the hook the rest of the day when we got home at 1:30. They gone. Too much old people for them for 3 days.

In.

Went to work at 0700. Got texts from everyone by 1000. Got home at 1530, youngest gave me a funny card and some new rubs for the grill. I have to be back at work at 0300 Monday morning. I guess I’ll start on a rum&coke and figure out dinner before I call it a early night.

I ain't no one's father that I know about... I did help raise two girls many years ago and they texted me good wishes today...

Went to mother's side family reunion, the proceeded to finish some things on the free playset I hauled home for the kids.

There's a severe storm threat tonight what better way to shelter in place than to take the woman's idea to go to the camper.

But I did score a good marketplace deal on a Barker 42 gallon RV tote tank to replace the piece of shit Thetford I had so there's that.

Kids made me breakfast then out the door. Work till midnight.

In, amazingly the post office is open today for passports, daughter had hers expire. Did that at 8:00 today. Daughter has a cold for last few days so we didn’t plan anything for the day. Wife is going to make me some camerones ranchero…yum.

Top Back Refresh