What's new

Submersible fuel line

I got some from Liquid Iron Industries at some point, if you're looking at where to get it. How much do you need? I ended up hardlining the inside of my tank and don't think I used any of what I got. I could check to see what size I have and how much - if you could use it I could give ya a deal:smokin:

I got some from Liquid Iron Industries at some point, if you're looking at where to get it. How much do you need? I ended up hardlining the inside of my tank and don't think I used any of what I got. I could check to see what size I have and how much - if you could use it I could give ya a deal:smokin:
I only need 2' but I'd buy 4'

Can you substitute hard tubing instead?

Something I noticed the other day when looking at different fuel lines.....Make sure you specify what you are submersing the line into. Apparently, this line is submersible......but you can't submerse in fuel. I presume you can submerse in water or maybe some other liquids? Or maybe their website is messed up?

Screenshot_20211115-182533_Chrome.jpg

My new job is fertigation, pretty much entails pumping and or transferring the most corrosive and dangerous materials possible.
Teflon tube is available in a number of different forms. Impervious to almost anything as well as heat. It does not have the best bend radius. It is soft enough to compress onto barb fittings yet firm enough to handle some suction pressures for pumping.
What I have been working with is .5 ID and .625 OD as well as .375 ID and .5 OD.
Its actually pretty strong stuff. Its super slippery so abrasion isn't a big deal. It can handle a fair amount of abuse before it rips. Bend it all you want and it will not crack, but it will deform.
I would not hesitate to use it for fuel systems. In fact all my medium pressure lines are hardline SS and or SS braid and Teflon lined. I would use non braided for suction line if needed. You do need a .0625 wall line or thicker so it doesn't collapse.
McMaster Carr should have teflon hose for easy ordering in small QTY.

I used this one and had horrible experiences. I 100% don’t recommend it. Avoid!

I used it on my truck for diesel supply & return. Cracks all over and bunch of pinhole leaks after couple of years.
I also used this on my XJ to run from factory hardline to fuel rail (4.0). Failed spectacularly on Jeep’s very first trail run from underhood heat and ruptured from touching hood’s latch release mechanism.

Is wayne at all tech still doing his thing? Thats who i would go with.

I used this = Submersible fuel line = Gates Hose #27093-5/16 #27097-3/8

Been working for 10 years now. Says it can be used on in-tank fuel pumps..

I use the hard plastic stuff scavenged from along framerails if its gotta be in a fuel tank
you just heat it up with boiling water and mash it over barbs
The milky white polypropylene stuff works too, but I don't know if it'll hold up to pressure, only used it for suction diptubes.

I don't like rubber lines inside tanks, they never seem to last as long as the extruded plastic line does, even the specific stuff will develop pinholes over time

I used this one and had horrible experiences. I 100% don’t recommend it. Avoid!

https://www.usplastic.com/catalog/item.aspx?itemid=66284

I used it on my truck for diesel supply & return. Cracks all over and bunch of pinhole leaks after couple of years.
I also used this on my XJ to run from factory hardline to fuel rail (4.0). Failed spectacularly on Jeep’s very first trail run from underhood heat and ruptured from touching hood’s latch release mechanism.
says right on it that it does not like water or humidity

Top Back Refresh