What's new

Stupid stuff you see at work...

Did some demo (electrical) in a plant this morning for an equipment move. When I finished that task and was ready to leave and the customer asks if I can go to another facility 35 miles away. I said sure, what’s up? A machine was down and the guy sent a picture of a contactor he thinks is bad blah blah blah.
So I drive 45 minutes and go in the plant and find the machine, look at this contactor they say doesn’t work, follow the coil wire to an emergency stop button. I pulled out the e-stop button and contactor goes clink (on). 30 seconds of actual “work” to find this. I didn’t say anything, just picked up my tools and left for the next one.
The 3 C’s

Did some demo (electrical) in a plant this morning for an equipment move. When I finished that task and was ready to leave and the customer asks if I can go to another facility 35 miles away. I said sure, what’s up? A machine was down and the guy sent a picture of a contactor he thinks is bad blah blah blah.
So I drive 45 minutes and go in the plant and find the machine, look at this contactor they say doesn’t work, follow the coil wire to an emergency stop button. I pulled out the e-stop button and contactor goes clink (on). 30 seconds of actual “work” to find this. I didn’t say anything, just picked up my tools and left for the next one.
The 3 C’s
I drove six hours one way to fix something like this

my sister had a coffee stand, get the panic call that the ice machine just 'doesn't work'

get there, turn the switch on, it turns on
and she goes 'oh'

Corn driver- "The low oil pressure warning light is on in the semi and its saying it doesn't have oil pressure."
Me "Is there oil in the truck?"
Corn driver- "i don't know."
Me- "so check it."
Corn driver- "the oil isn't even on the dipstick."
Me- "so put oil in it."
Corn driver-(sounding very proud of himself) "that did it! Thanks!"

Sumbitch put oil in a semi. He'll be doing in-frames in no time. :homer:

Rant/
Automatic transmissions in semis are the worst idea ever. If you can't shift gears, you can't properly drive a 90,000 lb truck.
Kid ditched a truck on an easy country road turn, surprised he didn't rip apart the shitty plastic cascadia bumper....then proceeded to rip into the side for 15 feet on a brand new hopper bottom backing out of the ditch and into a stop sign.
If I didn't have Jesus to pray to, I probably would have beat him half to death with a shovel.
/rant

Lift wouldn't start...
"Call maintenance, lift wont start"
...ok
"Checked oil, it's good, changed the cylinder, still wont start"
Was it out of gas?
"Light wasnt on..."
In gear?
"No"
Eventually make my way to the lift, flip the fuel cutoff switch, start the lift and shake my head...

Watched maintenance spend the entire day going through a wire feeder and welder trying to diagnose why it wouldnt weld, everything torn apart. First thing I ask when this process started, being a smartass, "jiggle the wires?" Yep cord from the feeder going into the box, wiggled it and back in business gluing steel together. All day looking for an issue that took 10 seconds to fix.

Hired a new solar installer and in his first 10 days kicked a door in a nicer van the first day he drove it, didn’t tell anybody about it and it was witnessed, and smoked weed at lunch driving same vehicle.

Attachments

• 0E05C79D-752F-48F8-B44B-BCCD242DD3B7.jpeg
    0E05C79D-752F-48F8-B44B-BCCD242DD3B7.jpeg
    994.4 KB · Views: 156
Honestly, Squirrels and Mylar Balloons cause more outages than Car Hit Poles,
But the "death and destruction" from a Car Hit Poles is so much more satisfiying :lmao::flipoff2:
Nothing lights up the dollar signs in my head like hearing car pole over the radio :lmao:

Although we did get to this one in the middle of the night and bullshited with the cops for about 30 minutes before someone bothered to look it the back seat. We were kindly asked to leave after that... CHARGES: Woman found dead in car had been bound, beaten and shot

Nothing lights up the dollar signs in my head like hearing car pole over the radio :lmao:

Although we did get to this one in the middle of the night and bullshited with the cops for about 30 minutes before someone bothered to look it the back seat. We were kindly asked to leave after that... CHARGES: Woman found dead in car had been bound, beaten and shot
Hooker-disposal fail! That dude's doing a bad job of being a thug.

And he lived a block from my kid's school. :/

latest?cb=20190222133431.jpg

Hired a new solar installer and in his first 10 days kicked a door in a nicer van the first day he drove it, didn’t tell anybody about it and it was witnessed, and smoked weed at lunch driving same vehicle.
please tell me he was fired

Get an after hours emergency call from building manager from one of the buildings we manage. Water in conference room. Conference room backs up to wet wall in bathroom. Says bathroom must be leaking. Dispatched worker to check it out.
Get there and calls me. Cleaning lady spilled a small bucket of water in conference room. About 5 feet off of wet wall. She was cleaning it up when my man got there.
I will be billing that manager 500.00 dollars on Monday. Just for being stupid.

Holy crap, that is a horrific story. Did the perp get convicted and, hopefully, executed?

Holy crap, that is a horrific story. Did the perp get convicted and, hopefully, executed?
It's held up by covid last I saw, I think its finally going to trial later this month if it doesn't get bumped back again.

That was a rough one, officers got a warrant to search the car for drugs while we were there and pulled the sleeping bag off her. He'd done some insanely fucked up stuff to her include ripping off her nipples. Can't unsee that shit.

It's held up by covid last I saw, I think its finally going to trial later this month if it doesn't get bumped back again.

That was a rough one, officers got a warrant to search the car for drugs while we were there and pulled the sleeping bag off her. He'd done some insanely fucked up stuff to her include ripping off her nipples. Can't unsee that shit.
:eek::eek:

I do shit for friends and other folks here on the island.
had a call a couple weeks ago from a friend. “Water heater is not working again, can you come look at it?

Sure, no problem, Couple quick questions first. Did you check the batteries for the igniter? yes they are working.

ok, did you run out of propane? Let me check.

calls me back. Yea we’re good now, the propane tank was shut off. Lol

05AEE37B-0DE9-4C9E-8867-A0DF1C67A036.jpeg

Boss: what do you think we should do?
Me: leave it on the truck and have them send another one
Boss: nah, we can’t do that. Unload it and inventory all missing parts with this parts breakdown I printed instead of the actual contents of the boxes.
Me: ...........great.

it’s a total no win situation. Maybe it’ll work. We’ll see I guess.
We are STILL getting parts in for this thing, and we don't have it all yet. Every couple of days, we'll get a big box with one or two parts rattling around inside. Reinforces my opinion to never unload some shit like that and just ship it the fuck back.

Out trottn delivries round town looked up an noticed this, shur its waaay up in the tundra and common to plug in yer vehicles but that's usually reserved for below zero temps. Maybe itza lectric truck?
IMG_3018.jpeg

Out trottn delivries round town looked up an noticed this, shur its waaay up in the tundra and common to plug in yer vehicles but that's usually reserved for below zero temps. Maybe itza lectric truck?
IMG_3018.jpeg
You got a low tire. JS.

We are STILL getting parts in for this thing, and we don't have it all yet. Every couple of days, we'll get a big box with one or two parts rattling around inside. Reinforces my opinion to never unload some shit like that and just ship it the fuck back.

I would remind the 'boss' every day.

I would remind the 'boss' every day.
Just did, when he asked me if we had all the parts yet. It's been over a month. I'll never ask him again, if we get that degree of fucked up shit, just deny shipment on the dock. I'm still not 100% confident that when all the parts are here, we won't find more fucked up shit during installation. Total losing proposition and we've already lost money on the job the minute we took that bullshit off the truck.

Top Back Refresh