What's new

Stupid stuff you see at work...

I'm building the hoarding for our temporary man lift on this tower. They have it built up 5 stories so far.
20210927_115428.jpg

20210927_115424.jpg

I posted this on the FedEx thread. Some dipshit stacked a heavy pallet on glass. Notice the smiley face on the stack pic.

Attachments

• E1710CBE-FBC2-4932-9127-787F529F2AB6.jpeg
    E1710CBE-FBC2-4932-9127-787F529F2AB6.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 285
  • 908AD8BD-CD0C-4104-9A2A-F8FF54BCC35E.jpeg
    908AD8BD-CD0C-4104-9A2A-F8FF54BCC35E.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 279
  • FF7134E0-801C-4E28-8312-EEA01788EE26.jpeg
    FF7134E0-801C-4E28-8312-EEA01788EE26.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 287
Honestly your better off just using otr trucks for that job, as long as it’s just hauling on good roads. If you consider all the costs a otr will run cheaper than a haul truck. The really big crushing contractor in our area actually stopped using haul trucks to move gravel from the crushers. They started buying heavy spec otr trucks. Cheaper to buy cheaper to maintain cheaper to run in fuel.
Except you haul a third as much per employee hour.

Haul trucks for the win.

sure let’s put all the weight in the nose of this short trailer and pull the dock plate.

this happens way too often
so they picked it back up right before I left and two hours later its back on the ground. :homer: didn’t anyone think to put something under the nose to keep it from happening again? or how about moving the heavy pallet off the nose of the truck?

Reactions: Clb
The space maintainers are still maintaining space so what is the problem? Doesn't even look like its bolted to the slab.

:flipoff2:
So
you willing to set up shop under this for the rest of its working time before the fail?

So
you willing to set up shop under this for the rest of its working time before the fail?
Heeeeelllllll no! 😁

There are enough potential lateral forces involved in something that high it should have been done right. Not like you are running shingles to a ranch house roof with it

Heeeeelllllll no! 😁

There are enough potential lateral forces involved in something that high it should have been done right. Not like you are running shingles to a ranch house roof with it
Ok, I can't figure it out. What does it do?

Had a customer come through for us to fix a moving truck they had loaded.. this contraption was following them, and they were driving from Kansas city to Texas like this. I wouldn't be surprised if the frame on the f150 snapped in half before they made it to Texas...

Attachments

• 20210913_015404.jpg
    20210913_015404.jpg
    2.7 MB · Views: 374
it'll be fine, box ain't even outta line from the cab
the 9.75" rear will need shafts and bearings, but I think that's just a common thing on those, extra funny because their rollers are like 1/2" dia where the 8.8s never have bearing trouble and they've got 5/16" dia roller bearings

The space maintainers are still maintaining space so what is the problem? Doesn't even look like its bolted to the slab.

:flipoff2:

It's bolted down.
Ok, I can't figure it out. What does it do?

It's a temporary elevator, made in China, like the labels are all in Chinese, that gets set up on the building, by the same company that erects the tower cranes.

They're sketchy as fuck anyway, rattling steel cage hanging off a couple 3/4" wedge anchors every 3 floors...my hoarding needs to be built up over these braces, hiding them before the inspector comes by. I'm going to take pictures every floor on the way up.

It's as bad as the swing stage motors that are held on with a single 9/16 " gr5 bolt at each end.
Guys training me on one gave me shit for spinning that bolt. "Weren't you listening? That one can't be tightened, it's supposed to be like that!"
"I know, I'm checking for distortion, if this bolt head moves up and down at all while I'm spinning it I'm gonna tag this whole fucking thing out!"

extra funny because their rollers are like 1/2" dia where the 8.8s never have bearing trouble and they've got 5/16" dia roller bearings
thats because its like splines, the more the better up until a certain point :flipoff2:

thats because its like splines, the more the better up until a certain point :flipoff2:
I suppose having a larger rolling radius doesn't matter as much as having more points of contact, being that there shouldn't be any deformation going on.
Never really thought about it that way.

I win the stupid award for notching these square tubes to fit pipe at the end…

Attachments

• 16D8EFAD-BBFA-4A93-AC27-22EC0F5AEE54.jpeg
    16D8EFAD-BBFA-4A93-AC27-22EC0F5AEE54.jpeg
    2.2 MB · Views: 224
  • 5868E425-F1E5-4212-A97A-7DFCEF63A1CE.jpeg
    5868E425-F1E5-4212-A97A-7DFCEF63A1CE.jpeg
    2.4 MB · Views: 222
Stingray know any more of the story? Cartel, high, drunk, road head, illegal alien, influencer taking selfie while driving?
Truck had a file cabinet in the back and a ton of random mix matched power tools, Guessing low level thieves, and borderline looked like someone was living in it.

We'll try and claim the owner of the truck, But won't collect anything. It will be a loss for us.

Truck had a file cabinet in the back and a ton of random mix matched power tools, Guessing low level thieves, and borderline looked like someone was living in it.

We'll try and claim the owner of the truck, But won't collect anything. It will be a loss for us.
If the justice system worked properly, if these fucks don't have insurance or the means to pay for it done, they should be conscripted to fix it TO YOUR STANDARD AND WITH YOUR SUPERVISION until it's repaired. Who knows, maybe they've got an knack for the work and can give up stealing.
And the drugs, of course. As lazy as people are these days, the only reason most steal is for drugs.
Or if you watch the news, to 'feed the children'.

If the justice system worked properly, if these fucks don't have insurance or the means to pay for it done, they should be conscripted to fix it TO YOUR STANDARD AND WITH YOUR SUPERVISION until it's repaired. Who knows, maybe they've got an knack for the work and can give up stealing.
And the drugs, of course. As lazy as people are these days, the only reason most steal is for drugs.
Or if you watch the news, to 'feed the children'.
Honestly, Squirrels and Mylar Balloons cause more outages than Car Hit Poles,
But the "death and destruction" from a Car Hit Poles is so much more satisfiying :lmao::flipoff2:

Honestly, Squirrels and Mylar Balloons cause more outages than Car Hit Poles,
But the "death and destruction" from a Car Hit Poles is so much more satisfiying :lmao::flipoff2:
making it through that pole and knocking the next one over was pretty impressive :laughing::flipoff2:

making it through that pole and knocking the next one over was pretty impressive :laughing::flipoff2:
You be shocked, 50 yr old doug fir pole gives little resistance to a 6k truck.

The ones that shrug off cars are the 80' transmission cedars, great to climb. (they are like a sponge) your gaffs just glide in, and when cars hit them the car wads up like an accordion.
But they are like 32" Diameter poles, like riding a plus sized model, built for comfort not for speed.

Top Back Refresh