What's new

Stupid stuff you see at work...

Local guy was willing to make anything work. Send him out with the 80, give him a labourer and a lift of 6' 4x6, and he'll get that truck set up and we'll pour!

Then he somehow forgot to put his boom down, folded up the outriggers and drove about 10' before it tipped over on it's side and smashed the forms he'd just filled:laughing:.

3 hours later that bitch was torched into pieces and fuckin gone baby, gone!

Last I heard he's driving slingers now.
when i worked for the outfit in atlanta, they had a guy take off down the road in the old ass 23 meter black and white truck with boom still up. He hit a bridge with main boom on i-16

This would probably get you fired around here :homer:

I also got told by my direct manager I was doing "bad politics" when I pointed out that my department sucked. Apparently I'm supposed to be the "Department champion" when I have to present a report in front of the brass. That got me banned from presenting to the "upper class citizens" for a year or so and thus getting less "visibility" :laughing:
That last part sounds like a bonus. "No presenting? How do I get a perma band :laughing:"

Reactions: Clb
That last part sounds like a bonus. "No presenting? How do I get a perma band :laughing:"
I hate to say it like that, but I actually enjoyed presenting to top management as I felt like I was bringing problems up to a level where decisions would be taken. To the great dismay of the middle management, it seems.

Problem of this : Middle management is my direct management...

I hate to say it like that, but I actually enjoyed presenting to top management as I felt like I was bringing problems up to a level where decisions would be taken. To the great dismay of the middle management, it seems.

Problem of this : Middle management is my direct management...
Yea I get it lol!! Its the same people who say "if you see a problem, bring it up, it's our job to fix it". Identifies problem: "hey stop rocking the boat":laughing:

I'm convinced corp jobs are all the same :grinpimp:
Pretty much. That's one of the reasons why I wanted to get out of an HQ role and back into the field. It's much easier to identify problems and solve them without butt hurting people, well less likely to get butt hurt.

Now I popped a park chamber at a stop sign. Had to deploy the overtime beacons for this one. :laughing:

IMG_20240417_090955805.jpg

Found out that our Cat 226 has low oil pressure on a less than 1 year old rebuild (idiot overheating it) and less than 1500 total hrs. So of course our production guys answer is instead of maybe not buying a Cat skid steer to replace our 16 year old bobcat we want to double down and get a second Cat.

Top Back Refresh