What's new

Stromboli Sandwich

Code

Red Skull Member
Member Number
I'm not sure how widespread this sandwich is. I'd really love to hear if this can be found in your neck of the woods or if it's something more regional.

My personal recipe which I'd put up against any restaurant version around here

MEAT MIXURE:
1 onion, maybe 2 if small
1 lb ground beef
1 lb Italian sausage

SAUCE:
1 can tomato sauce
1 (6oz) can tomato paste
1 tsp oregano
1 tsp Italian season
1/2 - 1 tsp garlic powder
3 tsp minced onion

fresh baked Italian bread loafs (6")
parmesan cheese
mozzarella cheese slices
stick(s) of softened butter

Dice the onion and brown with with beef and Italian sausage. Break this up till it's a pretty fine mix but a chunky mix would still be good so whatever...your ancestors will tell you when it's right

Mix the sauce ingredients and simmer slow till sauce thickens up a little bit.

While everything is simmering slice your bread like a hot dog bun. Once sliced spread the softened butter over both sides and generously dust with grated parmesan cheese and line both sides with the mozzarella cheese slices. I do this one, for more cheese, two for keeping the bread from getting soggy. Pop the bread under the broiler and bake till the cheese is bubbly.

Once baked spoon a heaping helping of sauce on one side of the bread and stuff as much meat on top. You can throw some more cheese on if you want at this point and melt in the oven or go with it as it is.

A very messy but awesome sandwich. I like to pair with plain old ruffles. Banana or Pepperoncini peppers go great with them as well.

Hope y'all like it!

Last edited:
Top Back Refresh