What's new

Storage racks?

Bwahahaha....

Just went outside to take a video of my mask in action. It stuck like I expected the first time I raised it, but I sent it all the way to the top and maxed it out. Brought it back down and sent it up again and the carriage shot up first like it's supposed to.

Maybe I haven't paid enough attention, but I swear that's the first time it's actually done that. I'm guessing a combination of the gunked up mast/chains and maybe the stage cylinder. Good to know that apparently maxing it out will help "reset" the next time I need it to work.

This is exactly how mine plays out

I just run it up and down....fixed

Mine is due to a get a good degunk too
I just spray the holy shit out of it with WD40 and that seems to thin the thick stuff out enough to make it do what I need it to do

Here is what we spray on the masts and chains:
IMG_20210803_143723270.jpg

Aaron Z

Was at HD a few days ago. The husky rack now has a W cross section instead of a C for the main channel so it should be substantially more resistant to spreading and spitting out the drop in crossmembers.

I have Menard's version. 96" tall x 30" deep. Seems ok. I put chip board as shelf instead of their metal racks. I believe I have the "xtreme garage" version. I tried chasing down some used racking, but the craiglist sellers were flaky so I punted and went store bought. It's probably 6 years old at this point.

Look behind buggy to see my setup:
1b419851-10e0-46c3-a03d-d10560526094-jpeg.jpg

Fuckin Husky shelves are $300 now. 10% inflation my ass. :mad3:

The one I bought was $169 or $199

I just noticed some of the crossmembers on my husky shelves are spreading and twisting.

I either need to throw away some shit or reinforce them. Who am I kidding? i'm just going to ignore it until something falls. :homer:

Fuckin Husky shelves are $300 now. 10% inflation my ass. :mad3:

The one I bought was $169 or $199
Was hoping the price would come down. It's $350/$340 lowes/home depot now.

I might just keep my eye out for something I can steal. The fine for a first offense is going to be about the same price but it's not a sure thing. There's no point in trying to get ahead honestly anymore.

I might just keep my eye out for something I can steal. The fine for a first offense is going to be about the same price but it's not a sure thing. There's no point in trying to get ahead honestly anymore.
Around here you can just put 2 on the cart and walk out. Less than $950 and nobody cares. Follow me for more California life hacks.

if it makes you feel any better, they'll likely never be less expensive than they are today. :flipoff2:

The price of those Whalen brand costco sold chinesum miniature pallet racks went a year or so ago from 130.00 to like 200.00 or so.

on the bright side with the husky shelves is you can buy two(or steal if youre a thief) of the 5 tier big ones and take one shelf from each unit and put it in between the two so now you have a work bench between the two, this is what i will be doing soon

Top Back Refresh