What's new

Storage Buildings: Show and Tell

FleshEater

Ordinary Average Guy
Member Number
Loc
Pennsylvania
I was trying to organize my bigger shop yesterday, and realized every summer I find myself with stuff everywhere in there. Since I converted my 16x16 shed into an actual workshop, I've run out of space for the odds and ends. That building used to be filled to the max with shovels, rakes, wheelbarrows, boards, scrap metal, etcetera. Now I've condensed that pile of stuff, and it's all migrated into the bigger shop.

I've been brainstorming on what to do for a storage building. At any given time I've got piles of lumber, mostly all 2x's at different lengths and width, lots of outdoor tools, etcetera. Locating it on my land is one issue, and then deciding what kind of building is another. Something to keep the rain off is really all that's needed.

What have you guys built for miscellaneous storage of stuff that doesn't need to be inside, but can't be out in the weather?

Lean to off the barn. That’s where all my junk goes

That's what I think I'm going to have to build for all of my junk. It'll be on the side where the wife can see it all, so might have to close it in.

I actually have leanto's on 3 sides of the barn. North, South and East. East (back of barn, gable end) was done at build. Others came later. They are probably more useful than the barn itself...

I actually have leanto's on 3 sides of the barn. North, South and East. East (back of barn, gable end) was done at build. Others came later. They are probably more useful than the barn itself...

I've wanted to build lean-to's on both sides of my bigger shop, and wish I could on the back, but there is a gigantic boulder right behind the building.

The owners of my home before me had the place built, and laid out the 26x28 garage and 16x16 shed, and they weren't thinking at all when they did it. Now I'm just figuring out how to make it all work as best as I can given the layout.

Top Back Refresh