What's new

Stock Market 2021

Ugly day. The worst part about watching all of the red dildos is that I knew this day was coming soon.

Ugly day. The worst part about watching all of the red dildos is that I knew this day was coming soon.
I'm holding up better than I thought, down 5% off peaks of the other week, just kissing 6k now.

Still happy with it and not touching anything seems to be working out about as well as when I was messing with it all day

Did they finally? Haven't heard anything about them for a while. Figures it would be blasted everywhere.

I'd say very little of it. What is the ccp doing for damage control?

CCP isn’t doing shit, they are trying to pop the property bubble and bring the rich developers under party control and seem willing to inflict much pain to make that happen. It’s going to get much bigger than I initially thought. There is a few other China developers beginning to crumble.

Blackrock is holding some of that debt along with HSBC. I think HSBC is holding a big chunk, but they are not exactly saying. 60% of the Chinese people’s wealth is in real estate. So the crash might cascade across the economy.

China is way short on coal and natural gas, if they get a cold snap this winter it’s going to get bad.

CCP isn’t doing shit, they are trying to pop the property bubble and bring the rich developers under party control and seem willing to inflict much pain to make that happen. It’s going to get much bigger than I initially thought. There is a few other China developers beginning to crumble.

Blackrock is holding some of that debt along with HSBC. I think HSBC is holding a big chunk, but they are not exactly saying. 60% of the Chinese people’s wealth is in real estate. So the crash might cascade across the economy.

China is way short on coal and natural gas, if they get a cold snap this winter it’s going to get bad.
Well they have sure as fuck crippled their competition globally, now is as good a time or better than any to bring the people back to the party and correct some of the past 50 years of easing

I have a bunch of IBM. They just spun off one of their divisions into its own publicly traded company Kyndryl, which went live today, so now I have some of that as well. (IBM shareholders got 1 of the new company shares for every 5 held of IBM)

After not experiencing a spinoff in all the years I've done investing, just had a second one in my portfolio within a few weeks.

O (Realty Income) spun off their office holdings as a new entity, Orion Office REIT, 1 share per 10 of the main company. Not surprising. Single-tenant standalone office buildings have gotta be a bum deal at this point. Probably won't hang on to that one for long.

Their main business is standalone retail, restaurants, etc which is doing very well. Even after the spinoff the stock is near its 52-week high, which is also its lifetime high. They also just increased the dividend effective today. The monthly payout is nice :grinpimp:

Bought shares of rivian at 110 on Wednesday, closed at 170 today. Waiting for it to crater back to under 100.

Well I lost my ass on a few other trades, you only talk about the good ones. Only reason I didn't sell when it was in free fall adter I bought it was I got busy trying to trace a electrical problem, by the time I looked at it again the market closed and I was in the red. Set a sell order but stock opened higher the next day and has been going strong ever since. Have a stop set at 150, I think these evaluations are insane on companies that haven't even made a dollar yet. Ride the wave and be ready to bail.

This liquidity is going to become less plentiful and people need to be preparing for how they will react when this market starts to come down at some point. It's inevitable, and I think will come down at some point in the next 12 months."

This liquidity is going to become less plentiful and people need to be preparing for how they will react when this market starts to come down at some point. It's inevitable, and I think will come down at some point in the next 12 months."
and yet, tsla has already recovered all of its "loss" from musk announcing a massive sell :lmao: :shaking: whatever :rasta:

someone's been saying that for 5 years

Ford sold 2,310,494 vehicles in 2019. 986,097 of those were trucks.

Lucid will have sold 575 vehicles by the end of 2021.

Rivian has sold 56 vehicles so far in 2021.

Last edited:
QCOM and F are keeping my head above water, barely. Wish I bought a lot more of those.

Still don't get what's going on with X. Now down to selling at 1.5x Earnings. I get the negative points on the stock and industry. But shit, 1.5x. That's giving it away.

That doesnt take emotions into account. Remember, we have entered clown world.

There is a lot of money to be made if you can guess when the crash happens, it's going to be epic. Short term it looks like December is going to be cold, so long some nat gas plays might be in order.

EmktdB7WMAEIk1y?format=jpg&name=small.jpg

Norm waiting for the "inevitable" market crash.

:flipoff2::lmao:

I'm in a different position than most of you, I have enough to retire but I can't afford to fuck it up :flipoff2: . The signs are there if you're paying attention, this isn't a healthy economy aside from a few specific stocks. Consumer confidence is dropping like a rock.

I mostly do relestate, once things settle down I'll start banging out some multifamily. I'll also short the shit out of some specific stocks when this bitch pops. The general market is 2x-3x over valued. ...... but the juicy bits are crypto and EV's

I'm in a different position than most of you, I have enough to retire but I can't afford to fuck it up :flipoff2: . The signs are there if you're paying attention, this isn't a healthy economy aside from a few specific stocks. Consumer confidence is dropping like a rock.

I mostly do relestate, once things settle down I'll start banging out some multifamily. I'll also short the shit out of some specific stocks when this bitch pops. The general market is 2x-3x over valued. ...... but the juicy bits are crypto and EV's

One could make the point the signs were there in 27, 87, 07, 20 too. If you hoarded your cash under the mattress - you never lost a cent, but you sure lost out on a LOT of gains.

Sure hope you have not been short TSLA Norm, :lmao:

Even Michael Burry (sp?, the big short guy who predicted 2008) has covered his shorts on TSLA.

How much of the current EV bs is being driven by all the free money being printed for the Build it Back Better Biden Greenwashing Bullshit? Should RIVN be worth more than F or GM combined, fuck no, but you have to find it funny / ironic / stupid that F investing in RIVN made them more money on IPO day than they made in the first 10 months of this year.

I am no fan of Crypto - but I own about 5 % in my investment accounts as part of being diversified. In the past, those funds would have been in gold / metals. I think WHEN the next correction happens (over 20% fall, not just a blip) Crypto will be the biggest beneficiary not a loser. If the crash is bad enough for banks to fail, crypto will be the safe haven, not the precious metals.

Waiting until the market starts to fail will be too late to short stocks, you will be just trying to jump on the end of the train as it has left the station. IF you believe that strongly, you should be hedging NOW.

Real Estate is the last place I would be putting money to work, when the shit hits the fan, and there is no more free money, and the music stops, the real estate market is going to crater. The only thing more overvalued at the moment is the stock market or BTC - :lmao::lmao::flipoff2:

The only real estate investments I see for long term (8 year plus, steady income) are not US or Europe based. I really like what I have researched about in south east asia and the indian subcontinent

One could make the point the signs were there in 27, 87, 07, 20 too. If you hoarded your cash under the mattress - you never lost a cent, but you sure lost out on a LOT of gains.

Sure hope you have not been short TSLA Norm, :lmao:

Even Michael Burry (sp?, the big short guy who predicted 2008) has covered his shorts on TSLA.

How much of the current EV bs is being driven by all the free money being printed for the Build it Back Better Biden Greenwashing Bullshit? Should RIVN be worth more than F or GM combined, fuck no, but you have to find it funny / ironic / stupid that F investing in RIVN made them more money on IPO day than they made in the first 10 months of this year.

I am no fan of Crypto - but I own about 5 % in my investment accounts as part of being diversified. In the past, those funds would have been in gold / metals. I think WHEN the next correction happens (over 20% fall, not just a blip) Crypto will be the biggest beneficiary not a loser. If the crash is bad enough for banks to fail, crypto will be the safe haven, not the precious metals.

Waiting until the market starts to fail will be too late to short stocks, you will be just trying to jump on the end of the train as it has left the station. IF you believe that strongly, you should be hedging NOW.

Real Estate is the last place I would be putting money to work, when the shit hits the fan, and there is no more free money, and the music stops, the real estate market is going to crater. The only thing more overvalued at the moment is the stock market or BTC - :lmao::lmao::flipoff2:

The only real estate investments I see for long term (8 year plus, steady income) are not US or Europe based. I really like what I have researched about in south east asia and the indian subcontinent

Sounds like you have all figure out. Good luck.

Top Back Refresh