What's new

Stock Market 2021

S&P500 is right at the 50 ma once again which has been a bounce line for the past year. The futures are way down this morning though.

1632135695288.png

S&P500 is right at the 50 ma once again which has been a bounce line for the past year. The futures are way down this morning though.

1632135695288.png
yup, big red day today.

part of me is tempted to rip everything out, part of me is just not concerned about it

Very ugly day so far. I'm also tempted to sell out on my short term plays, but last time I did that they bounced back higher. At some point things won't bounce back the next day and I think we are getting close to that if not already there.

I don't think this is the big one, usually we have a couple 10%-20% drops along the top. But then again we never confirmed the bottom in March of 20 which was very unusual. Lots of global shit happening, China real estate, Europe energy, US debt, international supply chains and shipping. This markets frothy from real estate to stocks.

We need some chest seals on the markets today. Fawk, lol. :shaking::barf:

I don't think this is the big one, usually we have a couple 10%-20% drops along the top. But then again we never confirmed the bottom in March of 20 which was very unusual. Lots of global shit happening, China real estate, Europe energy, US debt, international supply chains and shipping. This markets frothy from real estate to stocks.
i don't have enough to really bother selling off, i guess if i drop 25% then i probably should, but at that point i'd just be telling myself that must be the bottom :rasta:

if it does drop a whole bunch over the next month or two, i'm more likely to go on a buying spree :homer: Should I have sold everything off last week? Maybe, dunno. but then what would i do with it?

Fuck China!!!! God damm it! Fucking squint eyed gooks need a big god damm boot up the ass! That silk road bull shit has to go!

Agree with all of these issues. Plus, I don't know what you folks are seeing, but around here it seems that the Rona has come back with a vengeance. Seems much, much worse than last year. Way too many people I know have it and healthy, vaccinated people getting killed from it. Even if governments choose not to do lockdowns, people are getting more afraid of it and that will take a toll on the economy.

Agree with all of these issues. Plus, I don't know what you folks are seeing, but around here it seems that the Rona has come back with a vengeance. Seems much, much worse than last year. Way too many people I know have it and healthy, vaccinated people getting killed from it. Even if governments choose not to do lockdowns, people are getting more afraid of it and that will take a toll on the economy.
Here it seems lile its leaning towards people not giving a shit about the rona anymore. Sure ots normal to hear someone has it but the fear seems to be gone.

Things bounced back pretty good at open but are falling back, seems like people are accepting things are going to go south for awhile. I'm reducing some positions and will be holding some more cash.

Things bounced back pretty good at open but are falling back, seems like people are accepting things are going to go south for awhile. I'm reducing some positions and will be holding some more cash.
I'm a little surprised we are not seeing a large bounce today after last Friday and yesterday's big drops.

Early and late stage foreclosures are up 24.6% over the last 30 or so days, according to the one firm a friend uses. I can try to confirm that, my sister is a mortgage broker.

Early and late stage foreclosures are up 24.6% over the last 30 or so days, according to the one firm a friend uses. I can try to confirm that, my sister is a mortgage broker.

We have 18 months worth coming on the market the next quarter. Either forced sales or foreclosure. There are ~1.8 million in trouble, if even 1/3 sell or get foreclosed, that's 600k properties, or almost a years worth of inventory. :idea:

My woman wants to move a big sum of her 401k to bonds then let the rest ride the wave. Idea is to “protect” a decent chunk of value. Is this ridiculous? I’ve never touched bonds…
I have been a risk taker all my life.
I bet her 401K has some "Target Date" investments. If you go long (late dates) your risk is greater but rewards are bigger. Go short; low risk but rewards suck. In my day, I would have loved to see 401K's offer ETF's! (wet dream). :smokin::smokin::smokin::smokin:

So until today, the reverse repo limit per counterparty was a cool $80B and today that limit was raised to $160B. Somebody or somebodies probably got too close to the line and they had to rethink their entire system.

This thread may not be the best place to ask, but my house is selling in the next 20 or so days, I'll have a profit to walk away with, (meeting tax man Tuesday to discuss those implications), but I'm 41 with no retirement plan whatsoever. Investing in the stock market is scary as hell to me, I predict it crashing like it did before, and buying high seems retarded. The Fed has talked about leaving the dollar as we know it and going to a new digital currency, which will devalue the dollar even more, so I don't what to do. Buying another house is out of the cards with the market like it is, stupid or not, I'm buying a boat to live on which I know is a depreciating asset, but I want to offset that somewhat with something that will gain in value over time. Gold? a classic car? guns? I'm at a loss as to what to do. maybe I need to make a new thread, but found this one and it's been on my mind.

This thread may not be the best place to ask, but my house is selling in the next 20 or so days, I'll have a profit to walk away with, (meeting tax man Tuesday to discuss those implications), but I'm 41 with no retirement plan whatsoever. Investing in the stock market is scary as hell to me, I predict it crashing like it did before, and buying high seems retarded. The Fed has talked about leaving the dollar as we know it and going to a new digital currency, which will devalue the dollar even more, so I don't what to do. Buying another house is out of the cards with the market like it is, stupid or not, I'm buying a boat to live on which I know is a depreciating asset, but I want to offset that somewhat with something that will gain in value over time. Gold? a classic car? guns? I'm at a loss as to what to do. maybe I need to make a new thread, but found this one and it's been on my mind.
I dont think you could go wrong with guns, physical silver, and some crypto

fuck crypto. I want something I can hold. a good EMP and crypto is gone. guns and gold and silver it is :smokin:
I'd keep it liquid to buy a house when things crash and you decide living on a boat sucks. A CD might be a good short term place to park it. When shit crashes, cash is king.

China injected 110 billion yuan into their economy today to help out. Considered a "on shore bail out" they are saying fuck off to foreign bonds/debt.

China injected 110 billion yuan into their economy today to help out. Considered a "on shore bail out" they are saying fuck off to foreign bonds/debt.
We will see how this plays out. There could well be ripples through the world's economy from that kind of action, especially if the markets think the bubble is bursting. As much as it would suck, a correction may be in order.

Top Back Refresh