What's new

Stock Market 2021

I am pulling back for 4-6 weeks. going into money market on a good chunk. I am thinking we have a short term correction coming.

You guys notice everything dropping across the board at the exact time biden was supposed to start his speach
Yeah that shit made me laugh. Obiden expected to speak at 0945, every index starts dropping at 0945 then came back up before he spoke.

"Which one of you didn't stop the algorithm to sell off our shit?" :laughing::laughing:

china banned all crypto, evergrande missed it's foreign bond payment. In 30 days Evergrande will be in default, and we will start seeing which non-china banks have exposure. Tip of the iceberge.

Plus Nike admitted what we all know, they can't get product because of the china flu along with any company that outsources production to Asia.

well, i tried really really really hard to acquire a bunch of medium to long term debt and hold onto cash for a bit.

couldn't really do it. made it about a year and a half. payed off my personal loan i took during covid and finished paying off my student loans. one of those fuckers was funded in 2006 :lmao: :eek: :eek:

really wanted to be in a better spot being asset rich and high debt for the coming "we expect 4% inflation to be no big deal" period, hopefully it will still be decent buying middle of next year and inflation can continue to ramp up for a couple more years before getting corrected and sending rates up :rasta: guess we'll test out just how apolitical the fed is :lmao:

anyways, this crash better not be as gravy as the last crash was :rasta:

My gf parents are getting pushed to annuities by their adviser. It seems crazy to me. Maybe at 65 it makes more sense. It seems like in a decade they likely will miss any big up swing from inflation/ the upside of the market.

Of it weren't for the government illegally interfering in private contacts if think rentals were the thing to be buying.

wow, surprised to see some big gains today.

SHLX up 4.2%
BP up 3.7% (and near $30 as it's been in a bit)
USB up 2.4% and over $60 for the first time in ever on the news they are buying another bank for $10bn
hell, even SPH is up to 15.50

in other news, i'm continuing to lose my ass on SONM :laughing: easily my most high risk and "why not" type of deal, they did a reverse 10:1 split the other day and are down another ~20% since then. I'm going to ride that initial $300 to 0, all the while making jokes about the same people holding 1 $300 share of GME to zero :flipoff2:

1632838738739.png

i'm still in the not doing shit about it mode. debating weather to put extra cash into paying down more debt or holding on the sidelines in case there really is another market correction over the next couple months. Probably pay just a little bit extra and hold ~half in cash. Summer of next year if it doesn't get spent on the economic collapse free money in the street, i'll put it towards debt and car parts then :rasta:

My gf parents are getting pushed to annuities by their adviser. It seems crazy to me. Maybe at 65 it makes more sense. It seems like in a decade they likely will miss any big up swing from inflation/ the upside of the market.

Of it weren't for the government illegally interfering in private contacts if think rentals were the thing to be buying.
Be aware that annuities have their uses if you need fixed income or the tax advantages. However annuities have some of the highest commissions of any product your financial advisor would be able to sell you. If I recall it was a to 2-4% kick back.

Make sure they understand the fine print, what kills you are riders. Easy to lose 2.5-4% of advertised returns with riders like surviving spouse and the like.

Oooooohhhhhweeeeeeeeeee!!!!
Gettin them golden yellah kernels!

Grab your commodities and buckle up.
without buying physical oil, i buy oil and gas companies as a semi-commodity protection thing.

what sort of companies are similar for corn or is there some corn index thing to follow? imma be pissed if they expect me to take delivery of even 1 ton of grain right now :flipoff2:

without buying physical oil, i buy oil and gas companies as a semi-commodity protection thing.

what sort of companies are similar for corn or is there some corn index thing to follow? imma be pissed if they expect me to take delivery of even 1 ton of grain right now :flipoff2:
Ingr is ingredion. They process raw corn to starch which is used in anything and everything.
Tate and Lyle is a corn processor.
Archer daniels midland is a grain processor.
Bunge (bg) is one.

Personally I hold ingredion and bunge. Both have paid off very handsomely for me over the past year. And I have no qualms holding it and going into the shit. No matter what happens, people are gonna need to eat.
Tate and Lyle and adm seem to hold a lot more debt from the half assed research I did a year ago.

a LOT of experts are predicting a 10% correction. That would put the S&P500 down around 4095, just below its 200 day ma. It was down almost 6% yesterday during the day.

1633442905623.png

Last edited:
WTF is up with Bitcoin and Crypto??? The entire market is down today but them bastards are absolutely ROARING. Any rhyme or reason???

The last few weeks have been tough. My indexed funds have been bleeding money while my dumb ass has actually been treading water if not coming out ahead most days.

i'm still in the not doing shit about it mode. debating weather to put extra cash into paying down more debt or holding on the sidelines in case there really is another market correction over the next couple months. Probably pay just a little bit extra and hold ~half in cash. Summer of next year if it doesn't get spent on the economic collapse free money in the street, i'll put it towards debt and car parts then :rasta:

This market is beyond irrational, it's is going to be a massive disaster when it crashes.

BP back up over its 52-week high today :grinpimp: I'm up almost 40% in it so far, probably will keep holding as the dividend is decent and I don't see it crashing anytime soon.

I bought some FB this morning at the open. I'm not a fan of FB, and don't have a FB account, but I think it will return to and surpass its all time high within 3-6 months (easy 20% gain) after its recent trouble blows over.

1634220711005.png

Threw 2k at SPY this morning. Will hold till monday or if im feeling froggy i may wait untill the day after they announce the debt ceiling is raised

Top Back Refresh