What's new

Stock Market 2020

5150Jeep

Web Wheeler
Member Number
Loc
SoCal
I'm reducing my investment in PBB, so I'm hoping the smart stock investing people are here now. :grinpimp:

I've been able to ditch 40% of my Southwest with the run it's been on for the last 2 days. Glad to get part way out with a small gain.

Gran Colombia is still on a tear. It broke $5.00 this week. I bought in a $2.21 it currently represents 95% of my portfolio. I expect a pull back in the short term but $5 is the floor for a lot of investors so this is a critical value. It could completely break out from here.

I really hope that XtreemJ will come over here. I always enjoyed his posts in this thread. If he doesnt make it, maybe Ill go PM him on Pirate4x4

I'll be happy when silver takes off again, I did really well from 2007-2011

I'm debt free, and waiting for things to drop more before buying a house and equipment. If it takes too long, maybe I'll build on some land I own. Mostly just watching.

I'll be happy when silver takes off again, I did really well from 2007-2011

I'm debt free, and waiting for things to drop more before buying a house and equipment. If it takes too long, maybe I'll build on some land I own. Mostly just watching.

I think the precious metals are still in the beginning of a long bull run.
I like physical, but if I was younger I'd play the miners and royalty companies.

Almost everything is still going up. I took the $ from Southwest and went with VYM, taking a long term conservative approach. Not exciting but I currently don't have the time to make a lot of moves. Also don't have the free $ to move around. Hopefully I'll get there soon by adding more each month.

What YouTube channels do you follow for investing?

Interesting fact, the number of small individual stock accounts doubled in the last few months as small investors pile into the market. The big smart machine is going to have a nice lunch at some point soon. Same shit every fuggin time.

The Gran Colombia, Gold X mining merger fell through.

it didn't upset the Gran Colombia value, but Gold X fell back under $2.

Glad this has been resurrected here. I hope XtremeJ comes back here too, as I was picking up some good info and strategies from him...

On topic.... PCG stock looking good as PG&E enters into the final Bankruptcy confirmation hearings, concurrently with the CPUC's awaited approval of the bankruptcy plan. So far over 85% of the wildfire victims have approved the plan. If PG&E emerges from bankruptcy prior to June 30, they will be eligible to dip into the newly established wildfire fund set up by the State. This will bolster future investor confidence.

As a metric, I invested $50k at just under $7 earlier in March.....today it's hovering around $11.70. Pre-pandemic it was in the $20's range, and prior to bankruptcy it was in the $60's range.... I guessing it will settle in around the high $20 to mid $30's for the near term when they emerge from bankruptcy protection.....

Glad this has been resurrected here. I hope XtremeJ comes back here too, as I was picking up some good info and strategies from him...

On topic.... PCG stock looking good as PG&E enters into the final Bankruptcy confirmation hearings, concurrently with the CPUC's awaited approval of the bankruptcy plan. So far over 85% of the wildfire victims have approved the plan. If PG&E emerges from bankruptcy prior to June 30, they will be eligible to dip into the newly established wildfire fund set up by the State. This will bolster future investor confidence.

As a metric, I invested $50k at just under $7 earlier in March.....today it's hovering around $11.70. Pre-pandemic it was in the $20's range, and prior to bankruptcy it was in the $60's range.... I guessing it will settle in around the high $20 to mid $30's for the near term when they emerge from bankruptcy protection.....

Getting in at under $7. :smokin: I think you are right about where it is headed and picked up a little. With it being 105°F here today it will also make me feel better writing them a big check during the summer months.

Interesting fact, the number of small individual stock accounts doubled in the last few months as small investors pile into the market. The big smart machine is going to have a nice lunch at some point soon. Same shit every fuggin time.

my tiny little account has broken $400 in gains. all super safe stuff etc. started with $500 and I've added in for a total of $1050 of my own stuff. I think this is currently pretty high :homer: i'm not really sure how long in to june i want to let it ride, original 'goal' was to be about here by next spring so it probably doesn't matter but i think this late summer/fall is going to be rough through winter as the can continues to get kicked down the road.

i'm not trying to make money at this, per se, but it is interesting.

my tiny little account has broken $400 in gains. all super safe stuff etc. started with $500 and I've added in for a total of $1050 of my own stuff. I think this is currently pretty high :homer: i'm not really sure how long in to june i want to let it ride, original 'goal' was to be about here by next spring so it probably doesn't matter but i think this late summer/fall is going to be rough through winter as the can continues to get kicked down the road.

i'm not trying to make money at this, per se, but it is interesting.

I don't have time to day trade, I have a chunk of cash waiting for an opportunity to deploy. I want to increase my net worth by 30% before I retire, so I'm pretty risk adverse. If I can get a decent deal on some multi family rentals I'll probably go that direction. If the market gets undervalued at some point I'll go that direction. At this point I don't feel cash is bad position for my objectives. I'd like a certain amount of income to retire on. If your patient something will get cheap enough, right now it isn't stocks or real estate.

I don't have time to day trade, I have a chunk of cash waiting for an opportunity to deploy. I want to increase my net worth by 30% before I retire, so I'm pretty risk adverse. If I can get a decent deal on some multi family rentals I'll probably go that direction. If the market gets undervalued at some point I'll go that direction. At this point I don't feel cash is bad position for my objectives. I'd like a certain amount of income to retire on. If your patient something will get cheap enough, right now it isn't stocks or real estate.

no, but when the DJIA went under 20k they certainly were. 30% was surprisingly easy at that level if you had the cash at the time. i'm halfway surprised at how 'quick' it has bounced back, despite being an early believer that it would recover quickly.

if DJIA breaks under 20k again right before the election, that would be another easy time to jump in, as far as i'm concerned.

no, but when the DJIA went under 20k they certainly were. 30% was surprisingly easy at that level if you had the cash at the time. i'm halfway surprised at how 'quick' it has bounced back, despite being an early believer that it would recover quickly.

if DJIA breaks under 20k again right before the election, that would be another easy time to jump in, as far as i'm concerned.

The stock market rally has been nuts, and it never retested the lows which is scary. Best case our GDP is down 10% for the next 24 months and the rest of planet will be worse, and that's best case. Market PE is in the upper teens, I'm not a buyer at those levels.

It looks like this will wipe out some VRBO's and I'm seeing some highly leveraged rentals going on the market. So there is hope realestate will come in a bit soon. Like I said, I'm a bottom feeder and happy to wait like a catfish under a dam :D .

the ONLY reason that i can even think of that for why we haven't retested lows is because of the money printer and the global comparison. it's fun watching inflation go wild with a front row seat :laughing: that's also why i think if we get back down to where we were earlier, it will only be right before the election and won't stay there for long after the polls close :lmao:

nothing else makes sense in my head. not P/E, not overselling, not oil, not restaurant failures, not market acting as a predictor, etc.

Any of you looked into Jeff Schneider's theories on the Eurodollar? He has some interesting ideas.

Any of you looked into Jeff Schneider's theories on the Eurodollar? He has some interesting ideas.

nope, got a summarized version of the thesis though? I'm waaaay to conservative to invest in currency trading. hell, i can't bring myself to convert any more dollars to physical metals since that one time a decade ago.

i do think the stuff is very interesting to read though

nope, got a summarized version of the thesis though? I'm waaaay to conservative to invest in currency trading. hell, i can't bring myself to convert any more dollars to physical metals since that one time a decade ago.

i do think the stuff is very interesting to read though

Central banks don't print money. They create reserves that don't spend in the economy.

Private banks create money by lending those reserves into the market. Paper currency is no longer an integral part of the market.

Thus the fed has no real control over the market beyond signaling how the market should act through "policy".

In other worlds, the stock market isn't inflated by reserve action. It is inflated by market sentiment alone which is fueled by fund managers and private investors who look to the fed for forward guidance.

Things like the fed rate, repo facility, M2 and Reserve balances have no direct influence. The only thing the Fed is influencing is behavior through signaling. As he puts it "Don't fight the fed is just a psychological signal to dump money into a liquid market that protects bank assets on reserve".

He points out that it's the bond market that is the true indicator to this scham.

---------------------

Anyway, I'm probably butchering his points so here's a link if you want to figure it out for yourself. https://alhambrapartners.com/author/jsnider/

also I have his name wrong. Snider* not Schneider.

Heres where I am at on end of day today. Sold alot of my misc blue chips. Glad I sold Wendy's when I did, debating in dumping jack in the box and moving it somewhere else. Just moved another chunk of cash in today debating where to allocate it, thinking about more airlines but not sure.

At 39% since I started this, biggest regret it putting as much as I did in mutuals they have underperforming pretty much all my stock picks.

photo4441.jpg

I'm up a little over $200 on my $500 investment back in March. I bought oil the day it was selling under $0, Kohls on their earnings announcement, Carnival Cruise at>$10, and a couple REIT's plus about a half dozen more. No real research, just saw deals. You almost can't go wrong with everything slashed. I kinda wish I had more interest in this stuff, but I figured long game, these stocks trade at multiples higher.

Gran Colombia is still on a tear. It broke $5.00 this week. I bought in a $2.21 it currently represents 95% of my portfolio. I expect a pull back in the short term but $5 is the floor for a lot of investors so this is a critical value. It could completely break out from here.

I sold the little bit of Gran Colombia I had for double what I bought it for. :smokin:

Also sold all my Southwest that I bought chasing it to the bottom, somehow that worked out for me. Now trying to decide between waiting for stuff to fall or just keep investing in ETF's.

Checking in, thanks for starting the thread over here, was away testing race cars last week, so only some minor swing trading for me.

Trying to get a green streak going again, and in a little hole in one of the day trade accounts. Swing and long term accounts all very green this year, and incredibly green since early April. With BRK.B showing signs of life I have a couple accounts where every position is strong green. Wife's IRA, up strong compared to April, even bag holding BA (and that is only down a little over 25% now, so when it does get some strength toward year end, her returns should rip)

Market continues to defy "logic" - except if you believe it is a forward looking indicator and it is currently looking towards Q4. I am surprised we have not had a real test of the lows, perhaps indicating that the panic selling in March was way overblown.

May is usually "sell in May and go away" but most traders I know had really good returns. I have had some tough options losses recently so have really toned down my risk on that side.

Went long TSLA at 820 as it formed that really tight wedge, took longer to break out than I expected, so weathered some $30 price swings but boy did it break out nicely, took some profits today but will likely hold the rest as a long-ish term swing as I think it breaks $1000 before end of year. Not too may stocks offer 10% equity swings in a few days.

SPCE down almost 15% on equity, but will hold as I believe it has potential to 20 plus again come late summer.

No longer in WORK and FSLY but they have traded pretty well since I posted them on that other board.

I sold the little bit of Gran Colombia I had for double what I bought it for. :smokin:

Also sold all my Southwest that I bought chasing it to the bottom, somehow that worked out for me. Now trying to decide between waiting for stuff to fall or just keep investing in ETF's.

on the LUV/airline note, my ALK Alaska air has turned in to my 2nd biggest % winner overall in my smattering. Still think they are among the best positioned companies in the industry. I've got an average cost of $25 and they are over $36 now. Flights are returning to normalcy, in a sense, so i really think their next 2 QTRS will well outperform expectations from last QTR

Checking in, thanks for starting the thread over here, was away testing race cars last week, so only some minor swing trading for me.

Trying to get a green streak going again, and in a little hole in one of the day trade accounts. Swing and long term accounts all very green this year, and incredibly green since early April. With BRK.B showing signs of life I have a couple accounts where every position is strong green. Wife's IRA, up strong compared to April, even bag holding BA (and that is only down a little over 25% now, so when it does get some strength toward year end, her returns should rip)

Market continues to defy "logic" - except if you believe it is a forward looking indicator and it is currently looking towards Q4. I am surprised we have not had a real test of the lows, perhaps indicating that the panic selling in March was way overblown.

May is usually "sell in May and go away" but most traders I know had really good returns. I have had some tough options losses recently so have really toned down my risk on that side.

Went long TSLA at 820 as it formed that really tight wedge, took longer to break out than I expected, so weathered some $30 price swings but boy did it break out nicely, took some profits today but will likely hold the rest as a long-ish term swing as I think it breaks $1000 before end of year. Not too may stocks offer 10% equity swings in a few days.

SPCE down almost 15% on equity, but will hold as I believe it has potential to 20 plus again come late summer.

No longer in WORK and FSLY but they have traded pretty well since I posted them on that other board.

Either I’m way off on my market theory, or this is the most epic bear trap ever. I still think some more ass kicking is in our near future.

Either I’m way off on my market theory, or this is the most epic bear trap ever. I still think some more ass kicking is in our near future.

Staying nimble, updating stop orders once the trade turns green, and limiting size are my strategies for now.

In April the "experts" were telling us
- the recovery will take years
- there are no V bottom recoveries
- worst is yet to come
- doom and gloom

IF you listened to them you have now missed out on a couple of the best months in the market ever, over 100% on some stocks (CRWD is low 90's from mid 30's), and now have some serious FOMO (fear of missing out)

Really glad I turned to day trading a couple years ago, as I had to throw everything I knew as an investor and as a value trader out of the window and follow market sentiment. That has made this a much easier period to be in, as IF I had invested according to my brain and gut feel, I would be seriously red. Do I think the market is over-valued, heck yes, am I going to trade against market sentiment, absolutely not

Seems like now, those short on the market are getting FOMO and buying every dip. SPY basically spent 4 weeks consolidating between 275 and 295 before the recent breakout, not a small range buy also valid given the volatility index's. Now we have broken 300, 308 seems to show significant resistance, and honestly we could test the 275 area IF Q2 numbers are way worse than estimated. Retest March low's - not very likely.

Remember Stock Market does not equal Economy. Trade market sentiment, trying to go counter market is going to hurt. Do not marry any position, set your stops and be prepared to go all cash when the next big retest happens.

Seeing your earlier post, looks like you have a plan that will work for you - that is all that counts

on the LUV/airline note, my ALK Alaska air has turned in to my 2nd biggest % winner overall in my smattering. Still think they are among the best positioned companies in the industry. I've got an average cost of $25 and they are over $36 now. Flights are returning to normalcy, in a sense, so i really think their next 2 QTRS will well outperform expectations from last QTR

I think LUV & ALK will be 2 of the survivors for airlines and might consider them in the future. Right now I'm happy with my profit and taking it somewhere more stable.

Stocks I am watching today
BA, been in a range the last 6 weeks, looks to break out. over the premarket highs of 157.50 there is room to 164 but needs volume to confirm
CRWD been long since high 30's, only 1/8 position left, but with very good earnings last night this has potential to 100 / 103 / ATH today - will be nail and bail only, as I expect profit taking from the traders that bought this into earnings.
VTIQ - about to become Nikola (NKLA) tomorrow, the TSLA of trucks - think traders will buy this up into the ticker change tomorrow. CEO has been on the fin channels pumping this up. was in the 31's yesterday, 33 premarket, potential to mid 30's today. 40's not out of range if volume steps in. Be cautious though, this has seen some large range recently, manage risk accordingly

SPY 308 calls look to open nicely green.

SPCE, SSRM, SRNE and GOLD are the dogs in my swing account at the moment. SPCE seems to come out with more share offerings by the week now, not good for us bagholders. The rest are kinda hedge plays should the market break this uptrend streak

Stocks I am watching today
BA, been in a range the last 6 weeks, looks to break out. over the premarket highs of 157.50 there is room to 164 but needs volume to confirm
CRWD been long since high 30's, only 1/8 position left, but with very good earnings last night this has potential to 100 / 103 / ATH today - will be nail and bail only, as I expect profit taking from the traders that bought this into earnings.
VTIQ - about to become Nikola (NKLA) tomorrow, the TSLA of trucks - think traders will buy this up into the ticker change tomorrow. CEO has been on the fin channels pumping this up. was in the 31's yesterday, 33 premarket, potential to mid 30's today. 40's not out of range if volume steps in. Be cautious though, this has seen some large range recently, manage risk accordingly

SPY 308 calls look to open nicely green.

SPCE, SSRM, SRNE and GOLD are the dogs in my swing account at the moment. SPCE seems to come out with more share offerings by the week now, not good for us bagholders. The rest are kinda hedge plays should the market break this uptrend streak

Nice call on the BA & CRWD.

I bought some VTIQ this morning, not sure if I'll hold on to it or look for a quick profit on it.

yeah BA has jumped today. i'm up nearly 10% across the board on the day. weird. $500 worth of paper gains so far.

half tempted to sell everything off in a week or two before june ends, half tempted to just let it all sit and add more cash in if it all dips back down end of june/july, half tempted to sell half and take all my seed money out and just let the gains hang out.

Top Back Refresh