What's new

steering servo question - RC4WD TF2

rockota

white collar hillbilly
Member Number
Have a Marlin TrailFinder 2. The steering has never had the strength to turn left - since day one, only right. lift tires off the ground, it can slowly turn left.

Haven't torn the servo apart... figured I'd ask for advice here before jacking it up myself... ideas?

I replaced mine with this one from Amazon. Saw a couple YouTube vids where people had swapped it in with success. It was pretty inexpensive. https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07S9XZYN2

It does seem to have more power but its not centered and wants to go right, pretty sure its just out of alignment. But I have not done a whole lot of messing around with it since i installed it. I need to tweak it.

I replaced mine with this one from Amazon. Saw a couple YouTube vids where people had swapped it in with success. It was pretty inexpensive. https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07S9XZYN2

It does seem to have more power but its not centered and wants to go right, pretty sure its just out of alignment. But I have not done a whole lot of messing around with it since i installed it. I need to tweak it.
so... i'm not the only one? lol

Actually... I just went out and messed with it. Mine goes left now.. not right. I was mistaken. But I was looking and I think I can fix it by pulling the servo horn off and clocking it a bit to center it up. But that servo is plenty fast.

RTR electronics are placeholders, upgrade and be done.
upgraded to the servo recommended above.

same. exact. issue.

went to shorter pitman arm to offer more leverage.

same. exact. issue.

After messing w/ trim and a bunch of other crap for an hour (and trying to figure out why reverse no longer works)... it's back on the shelf collecting dust.

upgraded to the servo recommended above.

same. exact. issue.

went to shorter pitman arm to offer more leverage.

same. exact. issue.

After messing w/ trim and a bunch of other crap for an hour (and trying to figure out why reverse no longer works)... it's back on the shelf collecting dust.

He said electronics. 2 servos, same issue..... It's not the servo. Sounds like an issue in you're receiver. Do you have more than 2 channels?

He said electronics. 2 servos, same issue..... It's not the servo. Sounds like an issue in you're receiver. Do you have more than 2 channels?
just 2.

I'm setting it aside before this thing becomes more expensive than the Tacoma. :laughing:

It happens, I'm on my 2nd wave..... If you can say that. ~10 years ago, we all had ax10s that were are pretty similar. It was fun, almost like real wheelin, but cheaper and easier to get guys together since the good spot was within minutes of us. Follow the leader, beers, shit talking, ect.

When everyone kinda got over it, I got the little tacoma (scx10?) and ended up dumping a bunch into it because I would get bored. Traded everything off for a 10/22 and a big box of ammo.

Now I had to go and see the scx24s. Got 1 for each kid, (3) and wife gets me the Capra for Xmas..... Here we go again, :laughing: I think every single one is broke right now. :homer:

Top Back Refresh