What's new

#SteerAndStuff buggy build

I am just curious how much heavier it is than the typical carbon fiber/Garolite flat chassis rail performance "scale" builds.
I'll have to post in the RC section. This chassis is advertised at 256g and lighter than plastic capra chassis. This car is a bit on heavy side with the dig trans/servo stuff but I like the scale aspect of dig like in the real buggy. My pro and sporty are for sure a bunch lighter.

Did some winterization maintenance and repairs today. The brake cantilever mount started to bend while at Sand Hollow and causing some resistance. Straightened it and slowly bent back either by use or I often push off on it while getting in/out of the buggy. Today I added a double sheer tab to reinforce it.

Had to replace a CV tore CV boot after Sand Hollow as well. Was an original rubber boot, been swapping in the more silicone feeling empi boots and feel they are lasting better.

Swapped back on the Pitbull Rockers for winter wheeling as well.

20231021_145007~2.jpg

Finally got around to installing my fire port in the dash. Its designed for an inboard boat and the idea could jam the element extinguisher thru it in case of an engine fire. It is possitions right behind the fuel rail fitting and near my rear steer hydraulic fittings. Also found a spot in the dash for the battery disconnect while I was at it. Never really liked it between the seats.

20231022_112306.jpg

Have you seen the campfire video of the element? Has me rethinking mine, now Im carry a 2nd traditional extinguisher.

Have you seen the campfire video of the element? Has me rethinking mine, now Im carry a 2nd traditional extinguisher.
I carry a foaming and halguard extinguisher on rig besides the element. My feeling is if had an engine area fire I could strike off the element and stuff down the fire port where it will be concentrated in dog house area and have better chance of doing its job.

I carry a foaming and halguard extinguisher on rig besides the element. My feeling is if had an engine area fire I could strike off the element and stuff down the fire port where it will be concentrated in dog house area and have better chance of doing its job.

Even if it just buys you 15 seconds to get out and grab something else, it's worth it.

Top Back Refresh