What's new

Stealth camping

Rooney77

Bearded lady
Member Number
Loc
TX
Been watching some YouTube survivalists to pass the time, since I can't get into the woods anytime soon, and ran across a few stealth camping vids. Is this really a thing folks are into?

It's intriguing but not something I've got the drive to try. If you run down that rabbit hole though, there's some interesting characters of the tacticool variety. Can be fun to watch.

Been watching some YouTube survivalists to pass the time, since I can't get into the woods anytime soon, and ran across a few stealth camping vids. Is this really a thing folks are into?

It's intriguing but not something I've got the drive to try. If you run down that rabbit hole though, there's some interesting characters of the tacticool variety. Can be fun to watch.

Well, thank goodness you gave us a link to what you are watching!:flipoff2:

The only stealth camping I've ever heard of was derelicts that live in vans but don't want to pay for a campground spot for the night.

I have traveled cross country stealth camping. It is great for when you just want to get where you are going without spending a lot of time or $ getting there.

The only stealth camping I've ever heard of was derelicts that live in vans but don't want to pay for a campground spot for the night.

There's certainly some of that for sure.

Lots of "stealth campers" in San Francisco and in the shitty areas of Fresno here as well. :homer:

I guess i don't get the guys point. Camping is about hanging out with friends and/or family for the most part. I have gone alone but generally just to secure a spot.

This seems more like homeless living that camping, and not all that fun

Lots of "stealth campers" in San Francisco and in the shitty areas of Fresno here as well. :homer:

I guess i don't get the guys point. Camping is about hanging out with friends and/or family for the most part. I have gone alone but generally just to secure a spot.

This seems more like homeless living that camping, and not all that fun

A lot of it does replicate homeless camping. Like camping in rest areas and behind malls and stuff. Some of the more looney folks pretend, at least I hope they're pretending, the gov is after them and they have to hide out.

That's pretty much the opposite of me. I enjoy camping out in remote areas by myself. I don't use campgrounds or developed spots and get out as far away from people as possible, that's great camping to me.

I didn't watch the video and have no intention of doing so, :homer:, so I have no idea what his idea of stealth camping is.

I used to go stealth camping beer out of peoples coolers in my youth.

These are the ones i’m aware of.

The vanlife hole in the internet is deep.

these guys sell eveeything to live in a van just
to live in a parkinglot and shower at the local gym.

i like the idea of vans, but i want nature, not some city parkinglot and Planet Fittness shower.

I have a buddy that does this. He works in tech and will be in an area for a couple of days to a week or more. He has a box truck that he has converted into a camper slash service truck. He can either charge a hotel to his card or he can withdraw upto a set amount. He withdraws the money and sleeps in his truck. He parks anywhere close, on the street parking lots or decks.

Top Back Refresh