What's new

"Stay a while and listen" - Deckard Cain

Finally cleared act 3 hell last night and started in on act 4. Managed to get Izual done before bed. Managed to find a +life cold skill charm and an upgrade for my merc's helm too. Merc is feeling super squishy in act 4 though. So I need to upgrade his gear some, I have essentially ignored his gear since Normal though so he's not got really great gear. His Insight only does 100 damage or so, lol.

Turns out I just needed to slow down a little in act 3 and when I dropped into cold immune packs back up and kill something I could kill and then slowly work my way in and kite off the cold immunes before getting into the areas I needed to be. It was a little tedious but I managed about an hour for clear from flayer to mephi. Still need to go back and get my lam essen quest done though.
I've got an extra Tal's mask if you want it, easy way to get life leach on a merc. I've got a couple spare Insights too. May not be any better than what you're using.

I've got an extra Tal's mask if you want it, easy way to get life leach on a merc. I've got a couple spare Insights too. May not be any better than what you're using.
I've got a tal's mask socked away, I don't know why I didn't think of that. I've also got a giant thresher that I was saving to build Infinity in but I think I'm just gonna throw insight in it for now, shouldn't be too tough to find another base for Infinity.

I think I've got the runes to throw together a smoke for him as well. We'll see where that gets him.

I've got a tal's mask socked away, I don't know why I didn't think of that. I've also got a giant thresher that I was saving to build Infinity in but I think I'm just gonna throw insight in it for now, shouldn't be too tough to find another base for Infinity.

I think I've got the runes to throw together a smoke for him as well. We'll see where that gets him.
Stick the thresher in the cube with a Hel rune and a scroll of town portal, it'll empty the sockets. You lose whatever was socketed in it, but it's not like Insight runes are that expensive or hard to find. Threasher can be an Insight you're ready to make an Infinity. Infinity is so expensive you probably want to find a good Ethereal elite pole arm like a Cryptic Axe or Giant Thresher for it anyway. I like Colossus Voulges myself, but they do have a pretty high strength requirement.

Ah, this brings me back to many a lonely dormroom night circa 2001.

Must resist the urge to download it.....

Ah, this brings me back to many a lonely dormroom night circa 2001.

Must resist the urge to download it.....
200.gif

Here's my Uber run, y'all are about the only ones I know who even slightly interested, so who else would I share with?

It is 100% not a speed run, obviously look at the length of the video. Just the first time I've Ubered in 10+ years. Way under optimized gear.

You can hardly hear me during battles, ShadowPlay seems to prioritize game audio over mic audio. I either need a microphone right in my face, or to tweak ShadowPlay settings more. I did 5 or 6 tests thought I finally had the audio levels right, but obviously I didn't. Here's my terribly slow Uber run. Took FOREVER to get Faded, also took forever to find Lilith.

I put in time stamps so folks can skip the boring stuff.

Got a Frenzy barb leveled past 75 (he's at 77 at the moment) using the Torch now. I haven't played a Frenzy barb before, good gravy does he ever move fast, makes it difficult to navigate and target monsters. He's pretty stout in NM but still pretty squishy in Hell. Debating on how to equip him still, he's wearing a hodgepodge of stuff that was in the stash. I've got a couple 4Os Berserker axes thinking about making Oath but holding out for an Eth axe. I've got a 3Os Berserker that I think will become a Crescent Moon.

Been key farming and MF-ing since getting the Barb to Hell and past 75. I think I'm going to have to stream line my process a bit, focus on keys and skip a lot of the usually MF-ing spots, as I don't even have a single full set and I've probably got 8 hours of game play in since the last Uber run. Countess did drop a pair of keys once and an Um rune, so I've got that going for me which is nice. Snagged another Um off a Shawmen champion pack while looking for the Countess' tower in The Black Marsh.

Countess dropped a Reaper's Toll, it's not Eth but it's decent, currently have it on my Uber slayer's merc.

Also found my 1st GC that's really of note tonight. A Paladin Offinsive with + Life on it. It's no amazing GC, or Combat Skills, but pretty sweet when you don't have any.
Screenshot132.png

I believe the bubble has finally burst on rune prices on JSP, I've been watching Ohm runes, for a CTA, they're 1/2 the price they were a week ago. Glad I got rid of the Sur when I did.

I got pissed at hell and went back and started doing andi, meph, chaos runs in NM. Fell into a groove and can knock all three out in 4-7 minutes depending. Have gotten some really good drops and have my sorc into far better gear now. Probably jump back into hell in the next day or so, just keep really hoping for oculus and a stone of jordan. those are about the only good NM drops I don't have yet, at least for a sorc.

I'm into the frozen tundra in act 5 hell now.

I got pissed at hell and went back and started doing andi, meph, chaos runs in NM. Fell into a groove and can knock all three out in 4-7 minutes depending. Have gotten some really good drops and have my sorc into far better gear now. Probably jump back into hell in the next day or so, just keep really hoping for oculus and a stone of jordan. those are about the only good NM drops I don't have yet, at least for a sorc.

I'm into the frozen tundra in act 5 hell now.
I got my SOJ off a single player NM Baal. Blind dumb luck in my case, but it's doable.

I've found 1 Ravenfrost and 1 Dwarfstar, but I've found probably a dozen Manald Heal or Naglering.

You need a tanky merc and/or a dual skill Sorc to solo hell. My main skill is blizzard, but I've got a single hard point in static field, chain lightning, and lightning mastery, to help the merc out with the cold immunes. Really sucks when Nihlathak spawns as cold and light immune.

When I get bored MF-ing and Key Farming, I go rush folks in NM games. Sorc isn't stout enough to efficiently rush more than maybe 1-2 folks through Hell, it's slow going so I just stick to NM rushes. I scored another Skulder's Ire off NM Mephisto, better than the one I already had.

What do you still need for your Sorc?

I've got a Tal's belt & Mask, and probably a Viper Magi in the stash if you need it. I've got a few unique and crafted rings and amulets with FCR and res on them too if they might be of use, have a nice sorc coronet I wore for a long time before getting a Shako too. Had Tal's orb but gave it to my buddy.

I got a Lightsaber off of Hell Countess too, forgot to mention that earlier. It's pretty well been overshadowed by any number of runewords now, but the nostalgia was strong when it dropped, I was probably as excited about it as a high rune. I remember when a Lightsaber was end game gear for a Zealer. I have it on switch on the Zealer for physical immunes, trying it in place of Lawbringer. It doesn't kill as quick as Lawbringer, but doesn't have the annoying Sanctuary aura knock back.

You guys need to pick up Path of Exile. shit's worse than crack. :laughing:

I got my SOJ off a single player NM Baal. Blind dumb luck in my case, but it's doable.

I've found 1 Ravenfrost and 1 Dwarfstar, but I've found probably a dozen Manald Heal or Naglering.

You need a tanky merc and/or a dual skill Sorc to solo hell. My main skill is blizzard, but I've got a single hard point in static field, chain lightning, and lightning mastery, to help the merc out with the cold immunes. Really sucks when Nihlathak spawns as cold and light immune.

When I get bored MF-ing and Key Farming, I go rush folks in NM games. Sorc isn't stout enough to efficiently rush more than maybe 1-2 folks through Hell, it's slow going so I just stick to NM rushes. I scored another Skulder's Ire off NM Mephisto, better than the one I already had.

What do you still need for your Sorc?

I've got a Tal's belt & Mask, and probably a Viper Magi in the stash if you need it. I've got a few unique and crafted rings and amulets with FCR and res on them too if they might be of use, have a nice sorc coronet I wore for a long time before getting a Shako too. Had Tal's orb but gave it to my buddy.

I got a Lightsaber off of Hell Countess too, forgot to mention that earlier. It's pretty well been overshadowed by any number of runewords now, but the nostalgia was strong when it dropped, I was probably as excited about it as a high rune. I remember when a Lightsaber was end game gear for a Zealer. I have it on switch on the Zealer for physical immunes, trying it in place of Lawbringer. It doesn't kill as quick as Lawbringer, but doesn't have the annoying Sanctuary aura knock back.
My nostalgia drop was a lidless wall saturday.

I just got my third viper magi last night and it rolled perfect resistance so that was pretty f'ing rad. I'm kinda thinking about trading something I have harvested for the runes to upgrade it to elite.

You guys need to pick up Path of Exile. shit's worse than crack. :laughing:

I've been playing that for a while now. I much prefer it over D3 for sure. Taking a brief break while traveling down memory lane on D2.

My nostalgia drop was a lidless wall saturday.

I just got my third viper magi last night and it rolled perfect resistance so that was pretty f'ing rad. I'm kinda thinking about trading something I have harvested for the runes to upgrade it to elite.

:grinpimp:

Screenshot137.png

I had the same thought as you when I found this one with perfect resistances. I've seen them with over 1000 defense after being upped, I didn't get that lucky. I wear this on my Sorc when key farming, I put the Skulder's on when MF-ing, since the Skulkder's nets me about 90 more magic find than the Viper Magi. Cast rate and res is obviously better with the V. Magi.

Last edited:
BIG changes coming from patch 2.4.

Some good some I'm not so sure about.

Highlights:

You won't be able to glitch rush Act 3 by just killing the Council anymore. They're going to make you collect the parts, make the flail, and smash the orb to get into Durance now.

Some good things. Act 2 merc auras won't be difficulty level dependent. Buffing Act 1 mercs for more AOE. New rune words coming to make Act 3 mercs viable. Act 5 merc has Battle Cry.

New Ladder starts 1st of the year, planning to be 4 month seasons. I don't know how you can have a life and make it to high 90s let alone 99 in 4 months?

New Ladder only runewords, they've announced 2 already. Devs want to use underutilized runes Cham and Zod.

Some set items are being buffed to make them viable in higher difficulty levels.

Pretty much every character class is getting at least some minor tweaking. Big plus is Druid will likely be able to teleport while in bear form.

I don't think I like them messing with Fist of Heavens on the pally or Bone Spear on the necro, yeah, they're not great in PvM, but there are entire builds focused on those skills for dueling PvP, they're already OP.

A fire sorceress might be a viable option with tweaks to Hydra and Inferno.

Thunderstorm might become a usable skill on sorc?

Some of necro's summons are getting buffed for more end game options.

There's going to be a public test realm, I assume like D3? I hope they make it where you can set your character level and select items to test, surely they don't expect you to grind away in the test realm like you do in game.

Another big change, a lot of areas will have their level buffed, so you'll have more diversity of area's to farm. You won't just be doing Pit, Anchient, Tunnels, and Chaos over, and over, and over.

A lot more in the link:

I've never used this site before, they just seemed to have the nicest curated and relevant info of any of the sites I found googling.

Last edited:
I have now found 2x Gul runes, a Lo & a Sur, I'm ether having awesome luck, the game's RNG has been tweaked from the original LOD to pay out more often, or I'm playing way too much. I did put some hours in between Christmas and New Years.

Did a lot of MF'ing, have done quite a bit of in-game trading, too. I can't quite figure out the Battle.net lobby, some days it's nothing but spammers, other days it's actual conversations and folks looking to make trades.

I've been setting on more than enough key sets to Uber again for a couple weeks now. Been holding off in hopes of getting the Paladin better equipped. While he's not where I want him, he's a lot better. I picked up a Highlord's Wrath, a Guardian Angel I socketed with an Um, and I upped my HoZ from a Gilded Shield to a Zakarum Shield.

If I put on my Treachery and proc Fade, then put my Guardian Angel on, I'm 90%+ on all res in Hell. :smokin:

Screenshot168.png

RNG has been kind to me with me finding Runes, and some other decent gear. Found a near perfect Arkaine's Valor, a Storm Shield, 3x Titan's, a Thunderstrokes, several useful charms and jewels, and a few Vipermagis, so the MF'ing Sorc is earning her keep. RNGesus really let me down when I finally got acquired an Ohm to make my first Call to Arms on D2R.

I guess +1 to Battle Orders is better than no Battle Orders, but I don't think I ever made one with less than +3 back in the day. I could have spent the FG on JSP and got this for about 1/3 of what I have invested in it. :shaking:
Screenshot171.png

Much better equipped I decided I was ready to Uber again. It went much smoother this time, didn't take long to find Lilith, and Mephi only killed me once. In my defense he spawned right next to the portal to Uber Tristram, he hit me before I ever even got close enough to touch him. I did all Ubers, Mini's and the Big 3 in about 1/2 the time as my first attempt. I'm pretty pleased with the Pally, he'll really be something when I eventually get him in a Fortitude armor, and get some P. Combat GCs on him. I'd like to eventually get a Bul Kathos' Wedding Band or even a Carrion Wind on him too. While I've found some decent unique items, I've hardly found any unique jewelry.

As bummed as I was about the crap roll on the CTA, RNGesus shined his light upon me again after this second round of Ubers. :smokin:

Screenshot172.png

Almost perfect, Sorceress Torch!!! I could easily get a Ber or Jah for this, but I've already equipped my Sorceress with it, and she seems to really like it.

Now I just need Diablo Clone to walk so I can get an Anni. I've been in a lot of public games, but I haven't seen a X Number of SoJs Sold to Merchants notification yet.

How's everyone else's characters coming along? Any good finds?

I've got a Frenzy Barb and a Summon Necro I'm working on some too when I get bored with my main Sorc & Pally. Frenzy is fun, I've got an Oath & Crescent Moon Phase Blade on him, had a spare non-Eth Treachery so he's wearing that. He's dang fast, Frenzy & Leap is almost as good as Teleport, kills PvM almost as good as the Zeal Pally, he can't quite tank as good though. Summon Necro is kind of fun, darn expensive to build one for doing much of Hell at any speed though, needs Beast & Enigma, I'm not that invested in him. I found some Necro stuff early on, a bunch of Trang's gear and Skill GCs, but gave it all away, should have kept it.

They upped the drop chance of high runes in 1.10 or 1.11 so it's not like the old days of finding 1 hr in a lifetime.

Haven't played in a bit, looking to get a laptop so I can play in the truck during downtime.

Reactions: Lee
I’m still building up for Uber’s. Sitting on some keys. Have several builds. Is anyone else here on PS4/ps5?

I’m still building up for Uber’s. Sitting on some keys. Have several builds. Is anyone else here on PS4/ps5?
PC Master Race Here :flipoff2:

Sounds like you need a computer. I play on a laptop, if we're on the couch watching TV I'm usually key farming too.

I've got an Xbox but haven't played a console game since Doom '16, don't think I've even touched a Playstation controller since college.

I bought the switch so I can play in tractors with auto steer haha

Have had pretty darn good luck on runes the past week, I've snagged a few Fal, 6 or 7 Pul, an Ist, an Um, and 2x yes two Ohm. Found the second Ohm tonight. I've never had this good of luck with runes. Had I thought finding a 2nd Ohm so soon was even plausible, I would have saved it to cube them into a Lo, I'd really like to get Fortitude on my Uber Slayer.

I cubed a bunch of Pul runes into an Mal, used it the Ist and the first Ohm I found, to make another CTA, RNGesus was a little kinder to me this time, I rolled a +4 to Battle Orders, not the best, but a heck of a lot better than my first one. Made some attempts to trade my +1 BO CTA but no one is interested for anything I think is of comparable value. Had a guy offer a single Ist for it, maybe I'm delusional but I figure it's worth at least a Gul, would be nice to get a Vex for it, apparently it's worth A LOT less than the sum of its parts.

Screenshot187.png

Haven't found anything really noteworthy, even with the extra inventory pages you have in D2R I still have a few mules. I've gotten to the point where I'm a lot more particular about the stuff I keep now, been unloading stuff that's too good to sell to Charsi but I'll never use in Free games. Actually snagged some stuff myself while doing that too. :laughing:

I did snag Tal's Amulet off of a solo Hell Cows game. I've got all but the armor now. Not sure full Tal's is gear I really want, but I'm still looking for the armor.
Screenshot189.png

Made some decent trades, managed to snag another Shako for an Um rune. Working on a trap Assassin that's making use of that. Got a Carrion Wind for rushing a guy in Nightmare.

Got bored with the summon necro and the frenzy barb is still just a little too squishy for my liking, which led to frustration, so I went back to Key farming.

Key farming led to my 3rd Uber run. I didn't record it this time, but I should have. Duriel was a challenge, he spawned way away from the portal, I got swarmed by a physical immune Swarm and still had my CTA on switch instead of Lawbringer, then I let my Holy Shield time out and didn't notice it until after Duriel was dead. No wonder it took so long to kill him. Izzy and Andy were a cake walk, that Carrion Wind makes a huge difference for Andy & Mephi's poison. The Big 3 Ubers went about as smooth as could be hoped, everyone spawned in the ideal locations, and I survived the whole battle only using a single mana pot due to Baal's mana burn.

Pay off was pretty lack luster though. I guess they can't be near perfect Sorceress Torches every time.

Screenshot197.png

I’ve been playing with 2 other people. They are both on the trade forums, so we have been working it. Consolidate keys, gems, etc. We found a perfect sorc torch and traded it for 2 annilulus’s. One of the other guys already had one so it worked out great in my opinion. We each have a character setup for Uber’s, and we smash it now. One of them is doing 15k hammers, the other is a smiter, and I am using a fury Druid. Once the life tap on the gloves goes off, I can pretty well stand with anything indefinitely.

1st Uber run, after 4 hours we admitted defeat.
2nd Uber run, after 2 hours we admitted defeat.
3rd Uber run, complete in 45 minutes.
4th Uber run, complete in just under 20 minutes.

I have stopped paying attention to how fast we can complete it now. We have probably completed it about 6 more times now. Trading the torches to firstly gear up the key runners, secondly to gear up the Uber runners.

The other night, one the others was setting up a trade and joined my game with who he was trading with. He didn’t mic up, so I assumed he made a new friend and started dropping junk and sent him a request. Looks like we have another player that isn’t all grabby with drops to gear up.

Ladder season 3 started yesterday or today. Made a new necro to tear some shit up with. Hadn't played much since before season 1.

I'm glad someone is still playing, haven't booted it up since Ladder Season 1. I had a buddy from OH that was playing about as much as me, but the different time zones limited our collaboration efforts. His wife got cranky about it, so he quit. Then I did too.

I farmed enough keys and had stout enough characters to do 3 Uber runs before Ladder started. The new Ladder only Run Words weren't enough to keep my interest starting from scratch again.

I'm about to beat Halo Infinite, took a 10+ month break when the Xbox power supply died. When Im l'm done with that, i might consider a Ladder run. It'll be too late to consider being ranked, but JSP market rates will be much more affordable than week 1.

Started d2r up again after not playing for a bit. got tired of doing mf runs with no tele on my 82 hammerdin so i started what will probably become a blizzsorc.

Anyone else still playing?

I still play a bit here and then. I skipped this ladder, might get back on the next one. I kind of want to try a poisonmancer, I haven't tried one since before LoD came out.

I haven't played since the first Ladder. I had a mid-to upper tier Zeal Paladin and MF Sorc when the Ladder started, and I lost interest at the idea of starting over.

D4 came out and I spent about 2 weeks on that, I want my $70 back. :shaking:

Top Back Refresh