What's new

Stand alone 24 valve

Rockbuggy84

Member Number
So I’m building an ext cab 69 c10 and I want a cummins in it. I found a 2001 24valve with an auto. I’m guessing 47re.

Has anyone done a standalone on the factory harness to make this setup work? And any info or tips on where to start?

Or, does anyone know of a stand-alone harness available out there?

I keep finding later year harnesses, but nothing for the vp44 24valve.

I've owned a few VP 24 valve trucks. I'm not sure how hard it would be to make it run on a stand alone setup like you're talking about. But what you can do, and what I would do btw, is put a P pump on it from a 12 valve. Then you don't have to worry about any electronics. There is lots of information out there on that swap. And a few companies that will sell you everything you need to do it. Or you can piece it all together yourself for less of course.

I've owned a few VP 24 valve trucks. I'm not sure how hard it would be to make it run on a stand alone setup like you're talking about. But what you can do, and what I would do btw, is put a P pump on it from a 12 valve. Then you don't have to worry about any electronics. There is lots of information out there on that swap. And a few companies that will sell you everything you need to do it. Or you can piece it all together yourself for less of course.

Honestly wanna keep the vp44 pump. I personally like them and the option for onboard tuning on the fly.

Honestly wanna keep the vp44 pump. I personally like them and the option for onboard tuning on the fly.

I understand that. I too like the VP44 motors, I actually prefer them over any other Cummins ever put in a Dodge. I had one professionally/custom built by a reputable machine shop. It was a monster.

But there is a company out there making a "tuner" for the P-pump. It's like a cable system where you can slide the fuel plate on the fly. Just thought I would let you know. Good luck with it either way.

I understand that. I too like the VP44 motors, I actually prefer them over any other Cummins ever put in a Dodge. I had one professionally/custom built by a reputable machine shop. It was a monster.

But there is a company out there making a "tuner" for the P-pump. It's like a cable system where you can slide the fuel plate on the fly. Just thought I would let you know. Good luck with it either way.

Thanks for the input :beer:

Top Back Refresh