What's new

Stainless steel brake and fuel lines for K30 / D30 1986 Chevrolet M1031 CUCV

PAE

🚨 King of the Who ?🚨
Member Number
Loc
🚨
LOOKING for the best manufacturers for brake a fuel lines for this truck.

Its just a chassis and bare cab now so the perfect time to put said product back into it.

There is always parker distributor in west sacto but my options are also open to online sources.

I already have a disc / disc proportion valve that sits under the radiator core support so thats the design direction, would still need a disc swap for the Dana 70 thats being transplanted into the rear.
20210614_100214.jpg
20210614_100143.jpg

Looks like this one should work.

As long as the tube is mfg in USA, its seamless tube and it's the correct grade of stainless as are the IF Tube nuts.

Last edited:
CUCV is just earlier and has inverted flare in inch sizes where the (year ?) k2500 depending on year may have metric fittings ?

Were the tube nuts also stainless or another material ?

Called another local place and they thought nothing of offering plated steel or brass tube nuts with their lines, said well if the line is stainless why wouldnt the tube nuts also be stainless...

Thanks

Last edited:
Tube nuts are stainless and the normal K30 ones will fit your truck.

Most are SAE, not metric.

I have the crew cab K30 set on my C30 frame that is converted to 4wd.

Nope they arent on my truck and not every tube supplier has stainless tube nuts or olives, some offer steel or aluminum with stainless tube and think thats ok.

If you want to build your own lines, look at CU/NI (copper/nickel) brake line in bulk. I've used it for a little while now, you can make nice bends by hand, double flares very well, and doesn't rust. I was skeptical of it's ability to handle the pressure, but several luxury car manufacturers have used if for decades. I got a couple of 25 foot rolls that came with the nuts for about $25 each.

I know it's not what you asked about, but I didn't know if you knew it was an option.

Yes I knew but dont care for copper nickle line, my own reasons.

In any case I do appreciate the info.

If you want to build your own lines, look at CU/NI (copper/nickel) brake line in bulk. I've used it for a little while now, you can make nice bends by hand, double flares very well, and doesn't rust. I was skeptical of it's ability to handle the pressure, but several luxury car manufacturers have used if for decades. I got a couple of 25 foot rolls that came with the nuts for about $25 each.

I know it's not what you asked about, but I didn't know if you knew it was an option.
And rock guard spring is also available if you're worried about damage after installation.

Nope they arent on my truck and not every tube supplier has stainless tube nuts or olives, some offer steel or aluminum with stainless tube and think thats ok.
I meant the Stainless kit ones from Inline Tube.

It's what I used.

Reactions: PAE
Were the tube nuts also stainless or another material ?

[/URL]
The ones I have are stainless. Looking at photos on their website, some of them look to be brass and the descriptions don't specifically say one way or the other.

They just sent me an email for free shipping.

Screen Shot 2021-06-19 at 02.22.54 PM Jun.19.21.png

There isn't a code in the email, but the "Shop Now" link shows a "free shipping" campaign in the address, so here is the link: Inline Tube | Preformed Lines, Brake Products, DIY & Restoration Parts

Any idea what the material is beyond that its stainless, would need to know the "grade" IE 303, 304, 316, 321 ?

wouldnt want a 400 series.

Tia

From their website:
Inline Tube's high precision final products are manufactured to exceed all DOT, SAE and ISO Specifications. All lines and fittings are 45 degree standard automotive specification. Stainless tubes are made using seamless 304 nonmagnetic stainless steel and pressure tested to 6000 psi burst. Countless hours and immense research has been spent to ensure that the parts ordered are the most accurate on the market and a perfect fit every time.

Top Back Refresh