What's new

Spinoff: Who is not going back to the original?

makemeknowit

Kwisatz Haderach
Member Number
Loc
Memphis, TN
I looked around, briefly, without logging in, exactly the shit show I expected. Deleted shortcut on my phone.

i might check in from time to time but this already feels more like the pirate i grew to appreciate in the early 00's.

If things take off here like they seem to be, I won't. I'd much rather see new content, than old content. Hell, half of the old builld threads don't have photos anymore.

If things take off here like they seem to be, I won't. I'd much rather see new content, than old content. Hell, half of the old builld threads don't have photos anymore.

Photofukit killed so much. Just on pirate alone with wealth of knowledge there is criminal not to mention countess other forums.

There are some builds i was watching that I would like to see to their conclusion. If those folks don't move their content or begin updates here, I will check in periodically. Otherwise, this is my new haunt. Already deleted the shortcut. Viva la Irate!

Isn’t that the truth. Hell, I stopped my build updates because adding photos turned into a pain in the ass.

I think that I’m going to start a thread again, just for all those peeps who don’t care.

Isn’t that the truth. Hell, I stopped my build updates because adding photos turned into a pain in the ass.

I think that I’m going to start a thread again, just for all those peeps who don’t care.

Do it!

Accidentally hit the wrong bookmark. saw the page, didn't log in, realized my mistake. Doubtful of going back. the stuff that used to be there that attracted me, has left a long time ago. no good tech. no good classifieds. too many assclowns.

Liking this place so far, already transferred my build thread over as well. I'll be double dipping at first for a while, updating my build thread on here and over there at the same time until the majority of traffic moves over here. I will always search there for old knowledge posted in old threads though, too much info to not go back for a search.

Broad general searches over there make the vs system gag, it does not allow for more than 500 results, search the word pirate, gets around 482.

I checked out the original PBB after the update when it came back online. The level of faggotry was unbearable :barf: I knew they'd screw it up, but I figured I'd do both Pirate and Irate until things shook out. They screwed it up beyond my wildest expectations, so I logged out and don't intend to ever go back unless Google brings up some results for some old tech I am looking for.

Pirate is dead to me.

HONESTLY,

I like a simple pub not a club, this kind has the club feel to it

If the other site rolled back the update and gave me back the simple, clean interface, and gave me BACK the control over my content I had a week ago, I'd probably go back or at least go back and forth.

This format, other than being black, doesn't look or feel exactly right. It's to ........ modern. (But I am appreciating it more and more. it's just taking a minute)
There is a lot to this interface, and I am a simple man. And since I am being brutally honest, I don't see a HUGE difference in looks from the other site (in dark mode).

BUT They aint rolling shit back, so I will likely be here forever and am grateful someone gave me an alternative. A place to be, and isn't locking down my shit.

Last edited:
Only going back if I need to find some tech.

With as often as I got the array error before the change, I couldn't find specific tech anyway. I'm not even going to try and search there now. I would rather figure it out and post it here to create content.

Hate their new format and the mobile shit show sucks balls. I'm done with them.

Photofukit killed so much. Just on pirate alone with wealth of knowledge there is criminal not to mention countess other forums.

Austin is hopefully going to be running an automated script to back up and and host all external photos locally at the end of every day so if there's another photofuckening all the pictures will stay put :smokin:

I'd like to see some site traffic analytics from there a month ago and again a month from now. I'm sure it will be telling.

HONESTLY,

I like a simple pub not a club, this kind has the club feel to it

If the other site rolled back the update and gave me back the simple, clean interface, and gave me BACK the control over my content I had a week ago, I'd probably go back or at least go back and forth.

This format, other than being black, doesn't look or feel exactly right. It's to ........ modern. (But I am appreciating it more and more. it's just taking a minute)
There is a lot to this interface, and I am a simple man. And since I am being brutally honest, I don't see a HUGE difference in looks from the other site (in dark mode).

BUT They aint rolling shit back, so I will likely be here forever and am grateful someone gave me an alternative. A place to be, and isn't locking down my shit.

Fucking dinosaurs :stirthepot:

:flipoff2:

I don't have any reason to go back. The people are here, the attitude is here, the fun BS is here, I don't think I am missing anything back there.

I'm committing to here. Fuck VS.

When it is clear that everyone else is, count me in for a premium membership.

Hopefully MikeW can find us here for some healthy banter. :flipoff2:

No plans to log back into PBB. If I search google and some results show up over there, I'll look at them just as I always have, but I will not be a regular lurker anymore.

Top Back Refresh