What's new

Spinoff: pressure washers

fordguy

blah.
Member Number
My Cat pump with a vtwin predator engine grew legs and ran off, it was a beast about 5.5gpm 3500psi, shaft driven

Would eventually like a replqcement, thinking of a belt driven this time, why? Because I read theyre bette:lmao:

Cat pump woule be nice, considered used pump off ebay and DIY, but what are the suggestions? Would like 4000psi this time for better crud and stuck grease removal, will be washing trucks, GPM is nice bit I am probabpy ok with 3.5 or more? I know steamed is good, but too bulky and heavy.

I have an electric one I got at a grocery store auction rated at 1200 psi but is good for washing the RV and car using a foam cannon.
this is not one of those plastic home owner washers.
I also used it to power wash my cedar house and treated decks before staining.

Its quiet, small size and I use a cheap remote control to turn it on/off so when I'm on the RV roof its not sitting there cavitating.

look similar to this one

Facebook marketplace always has cheap commercial units that just need a pump rebuild. My last two were free. They both cost me 50 bucks to put back into service.

You can't go wrong with more psi and gpm my Yamaha is 4000psi and 4 gpm. I bought it because it had a cat pump on it.

I have a gas one with a 13HP Honda engine and a direct drive Cat pump rated at 3 1/2 or 4 gallons per minute and 4000 psi that I’ve had for 25 years or so. I think it cost around 1200 new but it has been great. It still starts in 2 to 3 pulls every time.
I change the engine oil every now and then. I think I’ve only changed the pump oil 3 or 4 times. I normally run it probably 1500-2000psi or so. Sometimes I’ll turn it up if I really need the blast crud, oil etc. off of something.
I have no idea how many hours it has on it, but I use it almost every week in the summertime and pretty frequently in the winter when the weather is decent to wash vehicles.
I usually hook it up to hot water (130ish degrees) when I use it.
I recently thought about buying an electric one just because it would be a little easier to drag out then the gas one, but haven’t yet.
We had a belt driven electric one when I was growing up on the farm, but don’t know what the specs are on it. I would guess it is probably 3 to 4000 psi. It is still around, but I don’t think it gets used much, if at all. But it would be probably 45 years old at this point.

bump

looking for a gas one $5-700 range

are the dewalts at home depot with the honda motors decent for the money?

I have an electric one I got at a grocery store auction rated at 1200 psi but is good for washing the RV and car using a foam cannon.
this is not one of those plastic home owner washers.
I also used it to power wash my cedar house and treated decks before staining.

Its quiet, small size and I use a cheap remote control to turn it on/off so when I'm on the RV roof its not sitting there cavitating.

look similar to this one

The trigger doesn't kick the pump on and off?

bump

looking for a gas one $5-700 range

are the dewalts at home depot with the honda motors decent for the money?

I think so. I found a dewalt one for my bitch ex, and it ran and performed good

Bought a Simpson brand one on sale at Sam’s I think with a Kohler motor. Forgot the specs. Was like 2-300 bucks I want to say. Hose on it sucks but has been a great purchase

Mine is a simpspm that I drove to vegas to get because honda engines are not legal anymore in CA.

honda over kohler IMO

Predator engines are solid too.

Facebook marketplace always has cheap commercial units that just need a pump rebuild. My last two were free. They both cost me 50 bucks to put back into service.
Got a link to a rebuild how to? I've got a 3500/4gpm general pump that needs love.

Got the 3400PSI Westinghouse from Lowe's and have been happy with it so far. Haven't used it a ton to give much more of a review. 25' hose is a bit lacking, but the 50' one I got off amazon helps a ton to do the side of the house.

I've been happy with my Landa. It's 240v but they make 120v and gas powered ones. Possibly diesel ones too.

It gets the water just under steam temps.

i wound up buying a simpson with the CRX engine, probably chinaman-made but it had the same warranty so I'll give it a whirl for 4400 psi and 4gpm

Top Back Refresh