What's new

Spin-off: best places to find reasonable priced bulk spices?

Lil'John

Former #278
Member Number
Loc
Walking to the Rubicon
Rather than pull the seasoning 101 thread the wrong direction, here is a spin-off thread.

Title basically states it.

I am mostly interested in chili powder(s) or the like. But garlic powder, onion salt, etc might be of interest.

I go through a boat load of garlic and chili powder. I get the CostCo 3lb garlic containers and go through them quick. I haven't found a reasonable place for chili powder.

Wife goes to the Amish/Mennonite bulk food store once in awhile. gets stuff like oatmeal and other dry goods like that. Occasionally some spices. I don't know what exactly they carry since I don't go with her.

Try webstaurant.com

I use them to buy commercial quality restaurant kitchen gear and they sell spices. You will have to do your own price analysis but ~$17 for 5 lbs seems reasonable to me...

WebstaurantStore: Restaurant Supplies & Foodservice Equipment

i second the amish grocery store. The 16 ounce tub of taco seasoning was $10. i also have an 8 ounce tub of onion powder. next time we stop by on the way to/from the MIL's, i'll look at some of the other spices

If you’re ever in downtown Sacramento area, swing into Cash & Carry on Richards Blvd. They have a ton of bulk spices, as well as lots of other good stuff.

Top Back Refresh