What's new

Spadano Enterprises ROCKer panels; anyone use them, or thoughts on their product?

Ravenbar

Member Number
Loc
NY
Looking at for new rocker panels for my DD Jeep WJ. Currently in the market for a YJ for a trail rig, so not intention of heavy wheeling on the WJ.

The best offering I'm finding for a rocker panel replacement is from Spadano Enterprises, who seem to have next to no presence on social media(or online reviews, anyone that's used their product, ect.). I've contacted them(via email, as a Face book message went unanswered for 6 weeks, next day response via email) and they are still in business and have 2 WJ kits ready to ship, they've just have abandoned FB.

My reasoning for spending $350/$450 for a job I could do with a couple pieces of 2x6 box tube is their design incorporates support for the bottom of the B-pillar, which is from the factory tied into a pinch weld area, and with a tube rocker solution, all that supports the bottom of the B-pillar is the sheet metal of the door sill,

LInk to product under consideration, with pictures: https://spadanoenterprises.com/-wj--grand-cherokee.html

I'd likely bolster their product with some flatbar of equal thickness, to deal with some vertical inner rocker rot. I'll also be forming some support braces between the rear of the rocker and the "uni-frame" in the rear(at the lower control arm mounts), just in front of the rear wheels. Mymost pronounced visible rot it in these support braces, and WJ's are prone to rot out in that area. I've got a parts rig that was scrapped due to the lower control arm mounts breaking off the "frame."

They offer this product for the XJ, MJ, and WJ. I haven't found any reviews of their product online. And it's been around for a while.

(Untitled)

when i had a WJ i replaced the rockers with 2x4 and then made .120 tie in plates for all the major areas like where the B pillar met the tube. i also had some pretty serious rust problems to take care of at the same time.

when i had a WJ i replaced the rockers with 2x4 and then made .120 tie in plates for all the major areas like where the B pillar met the tube. i also had some pretty serious rust problems to take care of at the same time.

My logic behind spending the extra is that I'm getting a pre-engineered and tested design. I'll have to be taking time off work for the install, since this is my DD, and only vehicle. I'm also looking to rebuild the front axle, which I've never done before in this time off. I've only got a week of vacation left, so it all needs to get done as fast as possible. Also have a couple other smaller issues I need to attend to.

My normal year has me using most of my vacation for my old HS's spring musical, where I handle the lighting(which is what I went to college for, yet I'm trapped driving a skid steer in a recycling plant these days). This COVID crap resulted in the musical being cancelled this year, so I cancelled my scheduled vacation, anticipating the show being rescheduled, but ultimately it was cancelled, with the plan of doing the same show next year.

Top Back Refresh