What's new

SpaceX Starship

I just checked and the Falcon 9 starlink launch is still a go for 1501 EST. or was it cancelled and I didn't catch it?
The starlink launch is still looking like a go, so we still have something to look forward to today. Here's the link to the official SpaceX webcast for that launch

Haha good way to spend the day, fingers crossed you're down there long enough to see them launch that thing!

Just about 9 minutes until the Starlink launch in the above link, let's go!

How long ago did you sign up for it?
I'm no Hellhound.... I signed up for it about 6-7 months ago and am still waiting. I was under the impression that it went out to those farther North first and then worked South as the Sats were launched. I live along the NM/CO border so figured I'd have it by now...

Just asked the wife. She said she signed up for it the end of February. But they told her then they were not shipping yet and had no idea when you would receive your order. I checked speed again yesterday just to see and it was 189 mbs. Pretty pleased sofar.

Yep, spent a few hours out on the jetty chillin and wachin this morning. Camera folks all up and down the jetty. When we do this again ima gonna bring a fishin pole, the local guys having the most fun were fishing and watching rockets. Went over to pier 19 and ate oysters and beer for a couple hours.
Yesterday the 10-20 winds were from south, today the winds are gusty from the north and it's overcast. tomorrow and Friday the weather should be awesome.

Potato view from the jetty.
SbP29ES.jpg

boca chica gal twitter has a different view, rocket just farted out the side.

Wooo that was awesome all around, and I'm definitely jealous that you were there to see the first one land (and live to tell the tale) crisbee haha. The fire under the skirt at landing was concerning, but it didn't pop this time so that's a win. It looks like the rocket exhaust close vicinity to the ground is just cooking the engine bay, so it will be interesting to see what their solution is beyond just making the components down there more heat resistant

Wooo that was awesome all around, and I'm definitely jealous that you were there to see the first one land (and live to tell the tale) crisbee haha. The fire under the skirt at landing was concerning, but it didn't pop this time so that's a win. It looks like the rocket exhaust close vicinity to the ground is just cooking the engine bay, so it will be interesting to see what their solution is beyond just making the components down there more heat resistant
it seems like adding legs like the falcon has would solve that.

maybe this is just cheaper for a prototype and they have a real solution planned.

i can’t imagine they will try to land on the moon or Mars the way it is now.

Top Back Refresh