What's new

Space Launch Today

Hope it happens, but you can't push the weather. No need to have a repeat of the Challenger.

I’m glued to the Nasa+ channel while working on the site.... I like their broadcast and all the info they share all while being somewhat off the cuff.....

Click image for larger version  Name:	image_4012.jpg Views:	5 Size:	329.8 KB ID:	15559

The closed captioning is hilarious. :laughing:

Bunch of stuff about worms and meatballs. :laughing:

Two Questions When did Kelly Clarkson become a Karen I mean really she looks rough not trucker rough but Duggar clown car vagina rough with a bit of a doughnut consumption Fetish.

And who really gets to operate the shuttle the two pilots inside or someone in a facility?

Not looking good on the weather.:eek:

I never got this.

They are moving through , what 3500' before they are above any weather, what's the big deal.

This craft can make it through the atmosphere, but can't climb though some clouds at 3500'?

I don't get it

New suits are pretty sweet.

The helmets look BA, it's cool how they have slim-lined the old suits but they look like their getting ready to power-wash the rocket vs fly it.

And who really gets to operate the shuttle the two pilots inside or someone in a facility?

Launch and landing are mostly automated, it wouldn't surprise me if the ISS docking was too. Given SpaceX's history of already launching, landing and taking payloads to ISS without crews the whole mission could be .... I haven't heard.

All the gimps are starting to freak me out.

I never got this.

They are moving through , what 3500' before they are above any weather, what's the big deal.

This craft can make it through the atmosphere, but can't climb though some clouds at 3500'?

I don't get it

O-rings and space shuttles come to mind.

What time is the launch? 4pm EST?

I have it on mute and it just said 2:18. I thought it was 2m18s. But apparently its 2h18m.

O-rings and space shuttles come to mind.

It ain't freezing outside.

The o-rings were a know issue, but a engineer backed down when he was questioned about it, because of a company culture of positivity. He was being painted as being negative, so when he was questioned he didn't have the balls to stand up, and he crawfished.

Or at least that is how I remember it, and the guy who told me the story was in the control room that day.

MV5BNzA4Mjg0ZGEtZjQ5OC00NWQwLTljZmQtNDJmYmEwMDBiNDJiXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMTY5Nzc4MDY@._V1_.jpg
fb6999d191e792f46adb275837e8df57.jpg

new suites remind me of these

i liked the old orange suites, new ones are a bit scifi for the reason of looking scifi

It ain't freezing outside.

The o-rings were a know issue, but a engineer backed down when he was questioned about it, because of a company culture of positivity. He was being painted as being negative, so when he was questioned he didn't have the balls to stand up, and he crawfished.

Or at least that is how I remember it, and the guy who told me the story was in the control room that day.

They also mentioned they are watching the weather at sea east of the launch pad. Waves and recovery if an abort during launch.

They also mentioned they are watching the weather at sea east of the launch pad. Waves and recovery if an abort during launch.

i would imagine its so they can see the fawker as its flying thru the air as well

visual checks for roll, shimmy, smoke, duty cycles and what not

I'm actually surprised they haven't scrubbed it already. Definitely the rainiest/cloudiest launch day I've ever seen.

They just reported the cell over Orlando is predicted to dissipate, watching the NASA chanel now switching to something else for the show, mobetta picture.

Little temp shifts and wind directions at the last minute make a lot of differences. Plus the times of opportunity are adjusted for windows in the cosmic debris fields.

I'm actually surprised they haven't scrubbed it already. Definitely the rainiest/cloudiest launch day I've ever seen.

If it were a NASCAR race it'd be cancelled hours ago. :D

Top Back Refresh