What's new

Sourcing Ford tractor/shibaura parts

not2hye

Knucklehead
Member Number
Loc
Hellifornia
I’ve got a Ford 1710 in need of some new valve train parts and head rebuild. It’s got a shibaura h843 engine in it.

The local dealer is having a hard time finding parts for this thing. And when they can. They’re outrageously expensive.

Southern global looks like like they have what I need, anybody use them?
Any other recommendations for these compact Japanese tractors?

What do you think is expensive? Ebay has several heads from 650 t0 900+ .

What do you think is expensive? Ebay has several heads from 650 t0 900+ .

I'm not seeing any heads on eBay. Gaskets are all in Germany with $50 in shipping and who knows if they’ll survive the ride.

$266 for a head gasket from the dealer is a bit ridiculous for a 3 cyl. Global has a head gasket kit for $215. Never ordered from them thought. Would like to know if they’re legit.

Gunna get head rebuilt locally, just want to source parts before I tear it down.

Last edited:
I'm not seeing any heads on eBay. Gaskets are all in Germany with $50 in shipping and who knows if they’ll survive the ride.

$266 for a head gasket from the dealer is a bit ridiculous for a 3 cyl. Global has a head gasket kit for $215. Never ordered from them thought. Would like to know if they’re legit.

Gunna get head rebuilt locally, just want to source parts before I tear it down.

Have you tried Yesterday’s Tractor or All State Ag Parts? I get parts for our older Ford 4100 through them.

Watching this.
Ive only found a few decent online shops hunting for 1200 parts...
​​​​​​

There's a perkins engine and a cat engine that are the same thing with different paint. (I forget what they was called, sorry)

I used to shop all three engines finding parts for my New Holland.

a head gaskets was only like 50 bucks from my NH dealer a few years ago.

Everything I've heard is those engines/tractor are next to impossible to find parts for, so good luck. Don't think the really is any cheap/easy way.

There's a perkins engine and a cat engine that are the same thing with different paint. (I forget what they was called, sorry)

At one point I was told cat bought perkins because perkins built better engines. From what I know about cat, I believe it

Have you tried Yesterday’s Tractor or All State Ag Parts? I get parts for our older Ford 4100 through them.

They dont really get into the Japanese stuff. They have main seals and filters and such. But not much more than that

Watching this.
Ive only found a few decent online shops hunting for 1200 parts...
​​​​​​

Those share a service manual with the 1710, if Im not mistaken.
Have you tried Southern Global?

At one point I was told cat bought perkins because perkins built better engines. From what I know about cat, I believe it

I believe Perkins bought out Shibaura and ended support on all the older stuff some time ago.

Everything we have that says Cat on it, has a Perkins in it.

Fixin to...
i'm hoping the 200+ hrs on the dash are actual...
Looks unmolested and original paint \patina. (hard to believe tho) I need to do the lift tower service (hiccuping).

all state ag had the clutch parts for this little 1210.
NH wanted 6 bills just for the fucking disc.
I got disc/pressure plate and throwout for under 3 from all state.

Reactions: Clb
all state ag had the clutch parts for this little 1210.
NH wanted 6 bills just for the fucking disc.
I got disc/pressure plate and throwout for under 3 from all state.

Seems one needs to hit EVERY fukkin vendor out there to find what you need , one guy gots no hydraulic, one guy gots no eng., One guy vots no hard parts, ect.ect.
Whineing....

Seems one needs to hit EVERY fukkin vendor out there to find what you need , one guy gots no hydraulic, one guy gots no eng., One guy vots no hard parts, ect.ect.
Whineing....

unfortunately that's the case.
I had to get other parts from other places. clutch disc was actually a mitsubishi car part? can't remember exactly, but it was stamped with the three diamond logo.

kubota glow plug timer plugs in.
$20 on amazon. NH wanted over $100 for it.

They used that shibura engine in Onan generators also - put one in my 1710

Reactions: Clb
Top Back Refresh