What's new

source for silverado headliner?

wvracer821

Member Number
Loc
Morgantown, WV
my headliner in my 05 extended cab is in pretty rough shape. My internet search has been unsuccessful but I would like to replace it soon. I can get it recovered locally but I'm curious what it costs to buy a new one. does anyone know where I could find one?

You can actually drop the headliner put of a extended cab.

It cost me $365 to have one replaced in a 04 crew. What's the point in buying new? It was a shitty design by GM and the fabric needs to be wrapped on the edges.

It needs fixed regardless, I was just trying to weigh out how much different the cost would be to recover it vs new

Is this an item that can be rolled up and shipped in a tube or other long box or is one limited to shopping for this kind of thing in their local area ?

I saw my 07 extended cab 3500 headliner when the roof was worked on via hail damage repair, It didnt look too hard to get it down but then the guy that did it has 30 years experience in doing that kind of work.

(Untitled)

the backing is in good shape, the fabric is just hanging down. about 90% of it is unglued. looks like ill be calling the local interior guy.

The color of the headliners isn’t gray, it’s “shale”. The material I bought below matched the visors perfectly.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0786ZHNWJ...91812054244-20

I pulled the headliner backer/board in my 04 crew. It was kind of a pain to get it out of the truck. Used a wire brush to remove the old foam and adhesive after pulling the cloth off. Like anything prep is key. I also used Permatex headliner adhesive on the new one.

You just need to pay attention and work it wrinkle free into the contours.

ETA: The quality of the material is awesome. They use USPS and the delivery and tracking has sucked ass. Regardless of what they tell you, you might have it in a month.

Last edited:
The color of the headliners isn’t gray, it’s “shale”. The material I bought below matched the visors perfectly.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0786ZHNWJ...91812054244-20

I pulled the headliner backer/board in my 04 crew. It was kind of a pain to get it out of the truck. Used a wire brush to remove the old foam and adhesive after pulling the cloth off. Like anything prep is key. I also used Permatex headliner adhesive on the new one.

You just need to pay attention and work it wrinkle free into the contours.

ETA: The quality of the material is awesome. They use USPS and the delivery and tracking has sucked ass. Regardless of what they tell you, you might have it in a month.

I have the tan looking interior is that the "shale" color? didnt these trucks come in a grey color too?

I have the tan looking interior is that the "shale" color? didnt these trucks come in a grey color too?

I thought that all the ‘03-07 trucks have the same headliner color. I would call it gray. They call it Shale and it matches the sun visors perfectly.

I’ll try to get a pic next to something black for contrast.

Last edited:
(Untitled)

Heres a pic of my interior for color reference

attach91488.jpg

attach91489.jpg

Top Back Refresh