What's new

Sold class 8 truck 8 months ago, title still in my name

montrose818

Banned
Member Number
Loc
SoCal
Sold my Maxxforce to a guy in december, they werr converting it to a roll off. I just got the reg renewal for it. Checked at AAA, and it is still in my name.

Ive always been lazy with release of liabilities because I always took picture of their license etc, but my phone died a fee months ago and I lost all that.

wwpbbd?

Dump your guns in the lake and hide your dog. Then wait for US Customs to raid your house.:flipoff2:

So, you don't have contact info for the buyer anymore?

If you do; contact buyer tell him he has a week to change it over or you'll scrap it.

If you don't; file for a lost title, scrap said title.

Guessing you did not place a transfer of liability with dmv???

I've had a similar problem I just filled out a release of libility at dmv after the one I mailed in didn't make it.

Go online and fill out a release with a bunch of made up info

Is that even necessary?

In CO you just fill out an online form that says you sold the vehicle and they don't ask for any buyer info

Fill out your release of liability, so you won't be held liable for any:
  • parking tickets
  • toll evasions
  • hit-and-run accidents
  • smuggling
  • kidnappings
  • bombings
. . . etc. the truck's used for :homer:

https://www.dmv.ca.gov/portal/vehicl...liability-nrl/

Spend 5 minutes, keep your ass outta' prison = pretty good use of your time :laughing:

EDIT: I'm assuming it's a good use of your time, assuming you're not trolling for prison buttsex :flipoff2:

Last edited:
I dont have any of his info, lost it all when my phone died. Putting made up info seems like it could backfire no? On top of breaking a law I am sure.

Obtaining a duplicate title seems like a good option, as well as filing non-op. If stars align, maybe the truck would return to me one day through an impound yard.

Surprised no maxxforce jokes though :D

I dont have any of his info, lost it all when my phone died. Putting made up info seems like it could backfire no? On top of breaking a law I am sure.
Yeah, I'd skip making false statements - contact the DMV & tell 'em you just discovered your release of liability never went through.

Obtaining a duplicate title seems like a good option, as well as filing non-op. If stars align, maybe the truck would return to me one day through an impound yard.
You sold the fucking truck - obtaining a "duplicate title" for a vehicle you sold sounds like you're trying to get at that prison-yard buttsex again.

Think legit, not shady - especially since you spilled your purse on the internet and your attempted fraud would be easy to prove.

It's a maxxforce, it died and it was never converted. Be happy the POS is gone.

I'm sure commiefornia has some kind of online transfer notification.

Odd that the prk has on it's ownership (pink slip) a tear off portion with a release of liability on it.
Question, do other states not have this....

Odd that the prk has on it's ownership (pink slip) a tear off portion with a release of liability on it.

Yes. OP is just too fucking stupid to be involved in normal society. Sounds like he's a borderline thief and con artist as well.:mad3:

Yes. OP is just too fucking stupid to be involved in normal society. Sounds like he's a borderline thief and con artist as well.:mad3:

Cut him a break, His mom wasn't around to make sure the proper paperwork was filled out.
It's amazing it was in his name to start. Clearly when he originally bought the truck someone held his hand.

no, other states do not have this.

other states also don't force you to pay registration fees for a vehicle that's not been registered.
or make you pay to tell the state that you're not driving it anymore on the road.

TLDR, no, none of the other states have near the stupid shit the CA BMV does.

Cut him a break, His mom wasn't around to make sure the proper paperwork was filled out.
It's amazing it was in his name to start. Clearly when he originally bought the truck someone held his hand.

🤣🤣🤣

So much grief for not filling out a silly release. I always take pictures of their drivers license and never cared to spend the time to fill out. I buy/sell a lot of stuff and honestly got tired of the stupid form. I just didnt count on ever losing my phone, without a backup. doh

i mean seriously, you never bothered to setup google photos or something to back that shit up automatically?

The last time I got a new phone I put in my account information and walked away for an hour.
when I came back all my shit was on it.

i mean seriously, you never bothered to setup google photos or something to back that shit up automatically?

The last time I got a new phone I put in my account information and walked away for an hour.
when I came back all my shit was on it.

On the new phone it seems some of the photos downloaded but some didnt. I logged into google, same thing there. I have no idea why, and I am too fed up with technology to mess with it more.

​​​​​

no, none of the other states have near the stupid shit the CA BMV does.

Incorrect.

I filed one two weeks ago in Minnesota. There *is* a tear-off portion along the bottom edge of the title where you input the buyer's name, address, driver's license number, etc and return it to your local tax office for a release of liability.

🤣🤣🤣

So much grief for not filling out a silly release. I always take pictures of their drivers license and never cared to spend the time to fill out. I buy/sell a lot of stuff and honestly got tired of the stupid form. I just didnt count on ever losing my phone, without a backup. doh

His DL. info on your phone is next to worthless, your trusting that the buyer will do his part. ( and clearly he didn't) so your here asking what should I do. I can show you a list of cars and trailers that the new owner didn't fill out the proper paperwork and it comes back to you. Also keeping that shit on file is not a bad idea either. DMV is less than dependable.

But go on thinking you have it handled. :homer:

His DL. info on your phone is next to worthless, your trusting that the buyer will do his part.

It has nothing to do with trust. If it comes back to me, here's the info of the person that it went to, no different than me sending the release, albeit later. It wouldnt be any different than mailing a release and it getting lost in the mail.

Not so much without the phone though.

It has nothing to do with trust. If it comes back to me, here's the info of the person that it went to, no different than me sending the release, albeit later. It wouldnt be any different than mailing a release and it getting lost in the mail.

Not so much without the phone though.

Are you really that stupid?

🤣🤣🤣

It would've taken less than 5 minutes to put on your big-girl panties and do the adult thing (complete and mail the ROL).

You fucked off your responsibility, made a thread about it here, and are butthurt that folks expect you to act like an adult?

Do you sit in your front yard in a puddle of your own poop; and laugh at the folks who point and stare?

You do understand that you're on the "fucktard" side of the disagreement here, right? :confused:

It would've taken less than 5 minutes to put on your big-girl panties and do the adult thing (complete and mail the ROL).

You fucked off your responsibility, made a thread about it here, and are butthurt that folks expect you to act like an adult?

Do you sit in your front yard in a puddle of your own poop; and laugh at the folks who point and stare?

You do understand that you're on the "fucktard" side of the disagreement here, right? :confused:

​​Man, you are bored low self-esteemed insecure little schmuck. But seeing your "build" thread Im not really surprised.

​​​​​stupid little things dont make it to the dmv or get entered in half the time anyway, but if thats a huge life fail in your world, sucks to be you i guess

Hey how bout you keep doing what you've been doing. Ignore it, just toss it in the trash, It wasn't important enough to fill it out when you sold the POS, and sounds like its not something you regularly worry about. By your own admission it's just a silly little release and they don't make it to DMV half the time anyways. But you are here trying to sort it out. More time has been spent arguing with us that it would have taken to hand deliver it to DMV.

Coming from someone who sold a car and was involved in a fatality having my copy of my properly filled out ROL( and yes I keep a copy of that shit for a year or more because DMV is full of fucktards) that was filled out and filed properly saved me a headache.

OK, now the the obligatory insults are out of the way, A trip to DMV with an explanation might be in order, tell them you moved, you lost it, you thought you filed it but must not have, hell tell them you sent it in and they lost it. and you don't have the info any more.

Unfortunately it sounds like you will need to burn some time and energy if you want out from under this, otherwise it's legally tied to you.

Good luck.....report back.

Last edited:
Top Back Refresh