What's new

Social media blackout?

KarlVP

Not Sure
Member Number
Loc
Crusty's Brewing, Wa
I noticed the social media "blackout" today. It seems users are making their profile pics black or some other such nonsense.

People are still using their accounts. How the fuck is this a blackout?

This is the dumbest shit I have ever seen.

My sons and I were talking about this earlier. One of our favorite podcasts is Last Podcast on the Left. Those guys are going full retard over this “protest” and now with the blackout Tuesday and anti-Trump narrative, so we’ve decided to cut them out of our playlist. Which sucks because that is a great podcast.

Direct tv is blacked out right now, all channels
20200602_190452.jpg

I seen that stupid shit and just turned it off , Honestly FUCK YOU AND YOUR VIRTUE SIGNALING YOU MEDIA CUCKS:flipoff2: !

Reactions: Clb
Direct tv is blacked out right now, all channels

Must have been a short time thing. I just turned on the TV at 1845 MST and all was normal on my DTV. I would be pissed if they shut it off, not that I watch a ton of TV but that they are interrupting my service to make a political statement.

Must have been a short time thing. I just turned on the TV at 1845 MST and all was normal on my DTV. I would be pissed if they shut it off, not that I watch a ton of TV but that they are interrupting my service to make a political statement.

The only way to combat that is to call and cancel those cocksuckers pronto and tell them why they can F uck off.

I would keep track of the time that they aren't giving you your programming and demand a refund for that time :mad3:

Screw that, I’d cancel it. You want to make your statement with your service, I’ll make my statement with my money. Sadly I can not, I cancelled that shit 10 years ago when it was just the monthly amount that pissed me off.
Travis..

So my wife is telling me this "blackout" is not supposed to be everyone abstaining from media. It was started in the music industry to get people to post about causes that are important to them and not post about themselves for a day.

Maybe not call it a blackout. Maybe call it "Digital Woodstock" Or Screwy's day of sharing or some shit.

how the heck does that help. People are just gonna post up the next day what they missed.

I felt like cancelling my xm when they announced they were going silent for 3 minutes! WTF? Why do people insist on adding to their dereliction?

Can't I click a "like" button somewhere? Changing my profile pic is a bit too much hassle here.
Stupidest shit ever. If you want to do something, go help or at least donate.

Post a black picture to make help people stop racism towards black people. How in the FUCK should this help? It's part of the fucking problem. A black picture says: "You are black and we know it."
Maybe I don't "get" it... Sounds backwards and racist to me. The problem is not the color itself. It is what is taught to kids what the color "means". No matter what color the kid...

Everyone posting black pictures is subliminally racist.

I would go for something that says what the deal is instead. Shitty copy from Star Trek I think, but something ike this:
colors-of-world-and-shit.png

Reactions: ESC
Screw that, I’d cancel it. You want to make your statement with your service, I’ll make my statement with my money. Sadly I can not, I cancelled that shit 10 years ago when it was just the monthly amount that pissed me off.
Travis..

you could sign up and cancel it the next day. :homer::laughing:

Top Back Refresh